Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Sounds like you just have tough soles on your feet. Like those people that walk on hot coal and stuff.
    From what I understand from friends who underwent firewalking; it is (supposedly) almost entirely a psychological thing where something something even tread hurts less so if you keep your cool and don't skip then you can 'ignore' the pain; but hey, they weren't pros they just did it as a charity thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like something for a comic book movie. Could be a special ability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yes, cavemen.
    Well if the OPs real name is Fred and has an urge to foot peddle a stone vehicle.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    This could have been a Tarantino wet dream thread, if y'all posted pics
    You'd like that wouldn't you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ur mom cheated on ur father, with a hobbit.

Are your feet still ticklish, OP?

The body is funny that way, they can walk on hot gravel and sharp things, but a finger wriggling along there can spaz one out.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is pretty common here for people's feet to sweat. Mine don't.( not enough to notice at least. ) Same with the hands. So what you have may not be at all that unique.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Are your feet still ticklish, OP?

The body is funny that way, they can walk on hot gravel and sharp things, but a finger wriggling along there can spaz one out.
    And mine are not. My wife cannot stand for me to tickle her feet.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2019-06-12 at 12:17 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    And mine are not. My wife cannot stand for me to tickle her feet.
    Lies! All panther tootsies are ticklish!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    Lies! All panther tootsies are ticklish!
    Na. They have tough pads and sharp claws. So one would have to be careful when they attempt to tickle them.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Na. They have tough pads and sharp claws. So one would have to be careful when they attempt to tickle them.
    Actually, the pads of animals are quite sensitive, especially kitties who need them so to be stealthy and detect vibrations.

And my poor husky who can't handle it even though he can walk on rough terrain (I tease him a lot).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    Actually, the pads of animals are quite sensitive, especially kitties who need them so to be stealthy and detect vibrations.

And my poor husky who can't handle it even though he can walk on rough terrain (I tease him a lot).
    Hehe. Good points. Animals in general, do not like people messing with their feet. We use to raise goats and sheep, was a chore to trim their hoofs. Which needed it because the pasture they used, did not have a lot of rocks in it, which in nature, helps to keep their hoofs worn down. And even now, our dogs do not like us trimming their claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    As you mentioned you jog barefooted and don't prefer shoes. That's all, your feet got used to it and grow a thicker layer. I spent my youth on a farm, i could run on the cornfield barefooted and didn't feel a thing. I became a cityboy since a few years, wearing shoes 10+ hours a day. Last weekend i could barely walk on the grass in my garden because every small nodule hurt my feet like hell.
    Exactly.

I used to live in the solomon islands and there is a lot of volcanic rock formations about the place on the beach where the reefs are - stuff like that. Imagine bubbled, set lava flows. I used to walk on that barefoot. Now? Even walking down a dirt road with their roundish pebbles is a no no.

Sort of related - went I was on a hike with some friends on of the guys put some more meths in these meth burner things we had to cook with. It was still flash point hot. When he poured it in it exploded and went all over my face. I actually though I was on fire, it certainly stung my eyes like hell. Anywho, while essentially blind(I could open my eyes for tiny fractions of a second every so often I ran about 50 metres barefoot down this forestry road and dove into a river. Forestry road no so good, pretty typical dirt road covered with rocks and such. Never felt a thing, I do remember the softness of the bank on the side of the road as I ran down it but as for all the rocks and shit on the road itself - nothing. Not then, not after. I cannot have been avoiding anything because I was flat out sprinting with my eyes closed.

I think there is also a bit of a mental component as to how tough feet actually are. I mean they are supposed to be walked on.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.