Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interested to see where this goes. Only things I would suggest is find some way to stop the "Black Magic" spam the forums get every other week, maybe look at adding some more information regarding other MMOs to the front page e.g. Elder Scrolls and FFXIV and don't bother about Gen-OT, so much straw-manning and passive aggressive stuff goes on in that section you can't tell who is being serious and who isn't and just closing it will lead them to start doing it in other sections of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Unban genn 2019
    Oh and I echo this #GennDinduNuthinWrong.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Can we clean up the WoW forums? An awful lot of out-dated stickies in there.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    1. Would like to see the site get back to mostly be about gaming.
    2. Would like to see the site expand coverage to more than Blizzard.
    Seconding this.

I'd like to see this become more about gaming, and expanding to other games as well. Lots of good games that deserve coverage.

And also agree that it would be nice if there was a dark mode toggle, too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    For reals:

Appoint more mods to General Off-topic and give them faaaaaaar more leeway in enforcing the rules. The rules are too rigid and there are so many career trolls who have managed to evade the ban hammer for years because they stay in character and never actually admit to trolling.

Also important: implement some system that allows you to permanently ban people based on their hardware. I know for a fact there is a person in the Gen-OT forums that has near 100k posts on different accounts, some of which have been banned, but many have not. Dedicated trolls know to use VPNs so IP banning them does fuck all.
    Hey! I'm not done yet!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Why do you guys care so much about gen-OT? What's wrong with tumblr or reddit or whatever shithole there is, can't you go hold your little group therapy sessions there and leave a gaming fansite be about gaming, and not bashing minorities? Jesus Christ, what is this shit...
    I came here for WoW, stayed for Gen-OT.

I don't give a shit about WoW anymore.

However, if this site covered more MMO's it would be nice. People want this site to be more about gaming than off-topic. I do, too.

Currently off-topic forums draw more attention than WoW forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningSkies2018 View Post
    Seconding this.

I'd like to see this become more about gaming, and expanding to other games as well. Lots of good games that deserve coverage.

No. This is MMO CHAMP.

There is only 2 MMO's that have any staying power in todays market, and that's WoW and FF. If you invest time into other MMO's you get no return.

Why should MMOChamp shift to be more general coverage? So they can be bad at it? MMOC is about WoW. If they start doing other shit, the quality and simplicity of visiting this site will drop, and many will go elsewhere. I don't want MMO-C mucked up with shit from other games. It's been around for over a decade doing WoW, so it should keep doing WoW.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The most illuminating thing in this thread so far is that people read Gen-OT.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

My wish list for the site would be for it to acknowledge and report news on MMO's that exist beyond Blizzard. That's mostly it.
    Okay, so it would report news about WoW and final Fantasy, and it would do Final Fantasy poorly, so you'd be better off going to other sites. Other MMO's don't stick around for your request to even be entertained. It would be wasted resources, because they die within 6 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I suggest you start using the filters or the ignore user function to stop seeing the recent thread activities being clogged up by the usual suspects that you've got a problem with. Try it sometime, it's refreshing to see your actions make a difference to your own user-experience. A lot of people use the forum and many only to vent without looking to debate their opinion. You don't have to bother with them if you don't want to, others can and will, they're often without principle and easily put in place/told off when wrong.
    I love how you took the time to quote out plenty of posts requesting better moderation and the removal of bad faith posters, and instead tell us to filter things out so these threads can still exist, so the right-wing nationalism that has populated this forum can live on.

Fuck that. There is NO PLACE IN THE FUCKING WORLD FOR RIGHT-WING NATIONALISM AND PROPAGANDA.

Period.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    No. This is MMO CHAMP.

There is only 2 MMO's that have any staying power in todays market, and that's WoW and FF. If you invest time into other MMO's you get no return.

Why should MMOChamp shift to be more general coverage? So they can be bad at it? MMOC is about WoW. If they start doing other shit, the quality and simplicity of visiting this site will drop, and many will go elsewhere. I don't want MMO-C mucked up with shit from other games. It's been around for over a decade doing WoW, so it should keep doing WoW.
    "MMO-Champion" meant WoW, as in "WoW is champion of the MMOs". It was never about MMO's a genre. I mean it's stupid, but this comes up a lot and they clarified as this is, so.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    instead of focusing only on a decadent title maybe it's time to spread your roots to all MMOs and be the go-to place for news and information regarding the MMO genre, fitting of the name of the website.
    I wish there was a Like button, this would definitely earn a +1 from me. I agree.

Please do something about the campaign of extremist propaganda in the politics and off-topic forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    The most illuminating thing in this thread so far is that people read Gen-OT.
    Dude, it's like a zoo... It's fun to see how ridiculous some act.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Nothing better than coming to this thread and seeing a lot of the people that have been repeatedly banned for trolling/flaming in Gen-OT complaining about the trolling/flaming in Gen-OT.

@Skroe, I'm looking at you.

"If I can't have it my way than no one should have it at all" - that's what y'all sound like. How about putting on your big boy pants and not acting like a spoiled toddler every time someone disagrees with you?

If I were magicfind, I would make this a political forum first and move all WoW discussion to OT.
    That's odd, considering you swore you were leaving the politics sub-forum, and never coming back.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? We had dozens of expansion leaks for BfA.
    I think people got spoiled by the sheer quantity and detail of expansion leaks for Cataclysm.

- - - Updated - - -

1The best arguement you can make is for Final Fantasy, but what's the point?
    To be fair, there's really no centralized news hub for FFXIV. You have several YouTubers (like Work to Game, Meoni, Speakers Network, MrHappy, and a few others) but they're pretty decentralized, making it difficult to amass news. The FFXIV subreddit is great but, by nature, isn't just a news aggregate and it can be iffy finding news among the other posts. Massively and other MMO news aggregates focus on multiple MMOs, and their search system is clunky at best.

A 'tab' in MMO-C for FFXIV news would actually be extremely helpful in that regard.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

What about Chaud? I'll miss Chaud

Okay, so it would report news about WoW and final Fantasy, and it would do Final Fantasy poorly, so you'd be better off going to other sites. Other MMO's don't stick around for your request to even be entertained. It would be wasted resources, because they die within 6 months.

- - - Updated - - -

I love how you took the time to quote out plenty of posts requesting better moderation and the removal of bad faith posters, and instead tell us to filter things out so these threads can still exist, so the right-wing nationalism that has populated this forum can live on.

Fuck that. There is NO PLACE IN THE FUCKING WORLD FOR RIGHT-WING NATIONALISM AND PROPAGANDA.

Period.
    But it is obviously okay for left-wing propaganda because that is what you agree with. Man, people are so nuts about politics in general that they have lost every bit of rationalism.

Does this mean that MMO-C was on the brink of shutting down like with Hearthpwn? If it is then I'm glad to see it saved, I'd rather not go to Reddit of the official forums.

I do think that this forum could use some changes and improvements. For one I'd like to see them do more news about other MMORPG's. 10 years ago I woudln't have liked this because the game was still blooming with 12 million subs and any other game trying to compete went down fast. But now its a different time where there are a lot of good alternatives (ESO, Guild Wars 2 etc.) and WoW lost so many people that it might not even be the king of its genre by now. It will be very refreshing to see them branche out.

I'd also like to see a huge clean up from game subforums that are dead (basically Minecraft and DotA 2) and maybe replace them with ESO and other active MMORPG's. And maybe give WC3 its own subforum now that WC3:R is on its way.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    `Let's completely remove politics from the site.

The record here with the moderators reolitics is very bad. They're not at all impartial, so we need to get out of politics, and back to games. Some are to the right, some are to the left, but they will ban whichever side they don't like, in many cases. Some are good moderators, but a lot of them don't even deserve the name. They're partisans, not moderators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Shut down OT or ban the Russian trolls. Take your pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    People posting in Off Topic like it's their job!

Close it and send em back to reddit and facebook. They can post like it's their job there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Why do you guys care so much about gen-OT? What's wrong with tumblr or reddit or whatever shithole there is, can't you go hold your little group therapy sessions there and leave a gaming fansite be about gaming, and not bashing minorities? Jesus Christ, what is this shit...
    etc
    etc
    etc
    etc

lol then you will basically kill half the traffic on the site.
    glad you guys did not take over.

Just the fact that 70% of the comments in here are about the off topic forums, and details they would only know if they spent hours on those pages....proves the point.

Are you complainers just too lazy to use the filters and ignore buttons and want someone doing the work for you?

Takes me 1 minute to check for any updates on wow and blue post and I am gone from the site generating no revenue.
    Forums, bam you got me for a good hour some days with good topic, 2 hours with bad topic.
    From a business perspective they will never get rid of those forums
    Last edited by Zan15; 2019-06-12 at 03:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need some type of black hole forum where people can go freely and shit-post there as much as they like. (and it wont be shown -- only people who visit it will see it)

Offtopic should also be expanded and new rules added.

And for god sake, remove the meme rule. Its stupid. And its also part of internet culture. Of cose posting a random meme in thread that doesnt have anything to do with it should be punishable - but posting something that fits the thread is fine:
    Bad option:
    Tread of some person posting abauth shoes. Other posters spam rickroll meme.

Good option:
    A video game bug/glitch/feature/bad or good news. Poster spamming meme abaut this type of game that fits.

Wow example version:

Quote Originally Posted by BurningSkies2018 View Post
    Seconding this.

So long as it's filterable. IE, when I come to MMO champion, all I see is wow related news because that's what I come here for.