Page 78 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    1 million. Try 8-9. Thats numbers classic extremists are are tossing around on reddit and other places. They think it will be just like how it was back in 2005/2006

edit* here aswell by the looks of the comments above
    It wasn't that big until well after Vanilla, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It wasn't that big until well after Vanilla, for that matter.
    Seeing the sub-numbers took a jump from 4 to 5.5 million in the quarter TBC was announced I'd wager TBC had something to do with the numbers going from 4 to 7.5 million the last 5 quarters before TBC came out. How many that played WC3 and got the hype when those familiar characters was revealed to be part of the game, I'd wager it got something to do with it. The subs almost doubled in that year, don't think it's a coincident.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    So basically you have no arguments... right.

Let me enlighten you something. Game was in way worse shape than its now. In MoP you had SoO for about year. It got so boring and there was nothing to do for really long period of time, that simply people left.
    Other than that Legion had incredible issues with RNG. Shitstorms of forums were so long, there were multiple capped thread on blizzard forums.

Also people tend to compare BfA with complete expansion. Try comparing it to Legion 7.1.5 you will see that it was a garbage back then.

The biggest problem with BfA (and WoW in general) there there is not much real content. Lets see what was content in Legion and BFA:

Raids, Dungeons, Arenas, Battleground (but sadly we have the same pvp maps, and there is not much of them).
    Having 10 dungeons per expansion is a joke. 20 would be a minimum to keep players occupied for longer.

Solo scenarios - Mage Tower, Brawlgar arena, chromie scenario, artifact weapon scenarios, etc. There is not enough of them (good ones).
    Campaigns - altho they can be really boring. Basically a longer quest chains with good story.

What is NOT a content:

World quests
    AP Grind
    Mission table
    Island expeditions - they could have been better. But I have no idea how to make them not boring AF.
    Warfronts - this might have been good feature if they were really hard. HC is coming but Im guessing unless it will be on the level of 15 M+ its not gonna be hard.
    Farming legendaries
    Farming rare mobs

So, we just need a real content. That's it. More dungeons, more raids, more Interesting quests (not kill 10 boars), more solo scenarios.
    I have arguments, I just don't feel like naming them for the 100th time.
    I don't even have to... I don't have to justify why I don't like retail. I just think it's shit but that's my opinion.
    If you think the game's in a worse shape in classic then that's your opinion, see how easy it is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Korialstrasz, Aman'thul, Proudmoore, Khaz'goroth, Stormrage, Lightbringer and Aerie Peak
    I always believed that the reason why Vanilla Private servers were popular because they're free and you can 'donate' for something (rather than grind for it.)
    i7-4770k, Noctua NHD15, 16gb RipjawsX, Asus Z87A mobo, GTX 970 Palit, Samsung EVO 240GB SSD, WDC Black 1TB, Corsair HX850, XigmatekTalon case, Logitech G910 keyboard/G502 mouse.

I'm happy to help to test paladin-related stuff. I have 6 Ret pallies.

Also currently playing: S4 HC Crusader @ Diablo 3: RoS and SC2: Legacy of the Void

Quote Originally Posted by Kanael View Post
    I always believed that the reason why Vanilla Private servers were popular because they're free and you can 'donate' for something (rather than grind for it.)
    Lol if you believed that your out of your mind.. Everyone can afford a 15 dollar subscription, people mostly play private because they enjoy blizzards older versions more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanael View Post
    When classic WoW releases the Vanilla WoW private server population will become a ghost town overnight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    snip
    Each version has its ups and downs, but many act like vanilla is the superior version and nothing is better. (Anyone who isn't lying to themselves knows WotLK was the best period of WoW) A classic player telling a live player that they can't let something go is a whole new level of irony that I'm *almost* shocked about.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    Lol if you believed that your out of your mind.. Everyone can afford a 15 dollar subscription, people mostly play private because they enjoy blizzards older versions more.
    Could I afford it? Sure, but if you've been playing the game for at least 10 years then you've spent nearly $2k on WoW subscriptions. I've spent money on character transfers as well, which thinking about how much money I spent on this game makes me sick to my stomach. I'm going to stick with private servers unless Classic is free or substantially less like $5 a month. Private servers tend to replicate the experience better, plus you know they won't add an in game store to purchase mounts or crap like Blizzard inevitably will. Why should I pay them $15 when they aren't adding content because they can't otherwise it would ruin the experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Each version has its ups and downs, but many act like vanilla is the superior version and nothing is better. (Anyone who isn't lying to themselves knows WotLK was the best period of WoW) A classic player telling a live player that they can't let something go is a whole new level of irony that I'm *almost* shocked about.
    WotLK was okay, TBC was superior! ^^

But yeah, I agree with the latter. I know my post went a bit out of that, but the point was that some classic-players are blinded by nostalgia. Just like me blinded by TBC nostalgia.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    Like most things, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle rather than at one extreme end or the other.

No doubt there were some people who could afford sub fee and were playing because of loving an older version. But it'd also be silly to say there weren't others who playing simply because it was a way to play WoW for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It caters to a niche market of players who can't accept change and would rather stick to outdated versions of a game.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilent Soul View Post
    No. It caters to a niche market of players who can't accept change and would rather stick to outdated versions of a game.
    PAC MAN, Tetris, Sim City, SNES and NES Classics... yep niche games, niche market.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Like most things, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle rather than at one extreme end or the other.

No doubt there were some people who could afford sub fee and were playing because of loving an older version. But it'd also be silly to say there weren't others who playing simply because it was a way to play WoW for free.
    Here's the kicker: Classic isn't being made for the people on private realms anyway. It exists as a retention mechanism for the retail game, not to create a whole new playerbase for WoW. If Blizzard had any intention for Classic to interfere or compete with retail it would have its own separate subscription. And despite all the anti-retail players' best efforts, there's no amount of mental gymnastics you can perform to justify paying for Classic without acknowledging the very real fact that it also benefits the version of the game they so revile.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Here's the kicker: Classic isn't being made for the people on private realms anyway. It exists as a retention mechanism for the retail game, not to create a whole new playerbase for WoW. If Blizzard had any intention for Classic to interfere or compete with retail it would have its own separate subscription. And despite all the anti-retail players' best efforts, there's no amount of mental gymnastics you can perform to justify paying for Classic without acknowledging the very real fact that it also benefits the version of the game they so revile.
    This is true, and I love that. People just have to realize it's okay to enjoy another variation of the same game without having to shit talk the other.

The interesting to watch will be what parts of Classic potentially happen to make their way to Retail. Since Ion mentioned something to that effect, like with the Eyes of the Beast thing for Hunters.

Personally feels like the people that benefit the most from this are the ones that just enjoy WoW all around, as in both Classic and Retail. I feel like soon people will have to change it to Classic and Current.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Well clearly? you're just over thinking this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexs View Post
    Well clearly? you're just over thinking this.
    I actually agree with him.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    PAC MAN, Tetris, Sim City, SNES and NES Classics... yep niche games, niche market.
    None of those are played wildly Any more when was the last time you saw people get excited for Pac-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    None of those are played wildly Any more when was the last time you saw people get excited for Pac-Man?
    Did you saw E3 this year?

Final Fantasy 8 remastered
    Freaking Panzer Dragoon remake...a game from SEGA SATURN...dude...sega saturn...from year 1995
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-06-12 at 05:34 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Did you saw E3 this year?

Final Fantasy 8 remastered
    Freaking Panzer Dragoon remake...a game from SEGA SATURN...dude...sega saturn...from year 1995
    I haven’t seen e3 but that’s a mute point any way. Classic isn’t getting remade or remastered it’s getting rereleased same as it was more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I haven’t seen e3 but that’s a mute point any way. Classic isn’t getting remade or remastered it’s getting rereleased same as it was more or less.
    To be fair in FF8 the only thing remastered is the graphics.

But anyway, this is a different case, because Vanilla WoW is a community/social online game.
    Its not a simpleton game from Sega Saturn singleplayer mode.

I dont know...it feels different. Cant explain it very well.

The fact that its a social multiplayer game...makes it "ok" to not be "remastered"...at least thats how i feel about it.

TLDR: Its ok to play old games doesnt mean we are living in the past. It means that said game is a piece of art worth re-experiencing. Just like a movie.

EDIT2: And btw, i bet 80% of the entire Classic population on release day...never played Classic.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-06-12 at 06:57 PM.