Poll: Personal approval rating

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I mean we have a president that lies or contradicts himself in the same sentence. We have politicians who care more about party and corporate greed than the people. So I don't think very highly of the current government.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBoss View Post
    Living in a white supremacist society while the majority of people who run that society disavow its existence. Having to take extra precautions with my children that I wouldn't have to if they were white. The United States could end the Israel-Palestinian conflict in 24hrs but refuses to. I don't mind military spending as long as the contracts overwhelmingly go to the American people.
    lol you are obviously prone to melodrama and over-exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    From all the personal and consumer taxes that result from the economic activity.
    Again, if I kept all my personal income and paid no personal taxes, this would also result in more "economic activity", but its not an excuse for me to get away without paying taxes simply because I chose to spend all my income.

Living in a white supremacist society.
    Do you really live in 1938 germany?
    Where did you get wifi?
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    On a scale from 1-10 where 1 is complete approval and 10 is resentment.

@Theodarzna @Skroe
    I live in the UK take a guess.....
    Both left and right, leave and remain have one unifying thing we can all agree on, Parliament and the media are a bunch of fucking clowns.

The United States could end the Israel-Palestinian conflict in 24hrs but refuses to. I don't mind military spending as long as the contracts overwhelmingly go to the American people.
    Are you expecting the US to nuke them?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say 7-8.

Populist wave relying on unwashed masses of primitives is rising and the impact of their idiotic policies already starts rearing its head with ballooning budget deficit and various internal decisions aiming at placating specific and fucked up, religious part of population in hopes to get their votes because that part turns out to vote en masse. Decisions we can't really afford at that, which is where the deficit comes from.

Thankfully the very same government did some good job with economy in past, so at least we are not fucked, but the result is them now scrambling with various moderate austerity measures, while trying to keep up benefits for freeloaders at my expense and I don't like that plan one bit.

Security is another major concern with government seemingly unable to rise up to the challenge in any sort of appropriate way, which is perceived as weakness and is well exploited.

On the flipside, the chief crook seems to be a silver tongue master politician and strategist who is able to find a way with just about any foreign government aside from outright hostile ones, which does serve its purpose, so at least some benefit points on this front. Too bad he is moderately corrupt and has questionable partners, but I'd rather have that than some amateur or crazy at helm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Again, if I kept all my personal income and paid no personal taxes, this would also result in more "economic activity", but its not an excuse for me to get away without paying taxes simply because I chose to spend all my income.
    Your taxes depend on if you itemize and what your expenses for the year are. For sole proprietors and corporations the reality is that some years are better or worse than others, which means they may have some bad years where income tax doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by PC2; 2019-06-12 at 09:15 PM.

Living in a white supremacist society while the majority of people who run that society disavow its existence. Having to take extra precautions with my children that I wouldn't have to if they were white. The United States could end the Israel-Palestinian conflict in 24hrs but refuses to. I don't mind military spending as long as the contracts overwhelmingly go to the American people.
    The reason the USA dosnt end the isreal-palastine conflict is because the Conflict is a better status quo than either side winning.
    Think about it, There is no good outcome from that conflict, I know each political wing has its favorite party because the USA backed isreal so the Soviets backed palastine, enemy of my enemy and all that, but it is a war between a nuclear armed nation hated by all its nabours with a now entrenched war like nature and a goal of retaking all the land of the ancient Jewish kingdom and brutal Islamic fundamentalists. Isreal winning would destabalisebthe whole region and likly lead to a much larger more costly war, palastine winning puts a brutal Islamic dictatorship in charge of several million Jews, as well as gays and other minoritys who have come to make isreal there home over the last 60 so years.

It's best not to nail a flag to the mast in that mess because supporting either side is moral mud, just because palastine is the under dog dosnt mean there worth saving.

6-7

I think there are critical flaws with how some parts of the government are run and there are large chunks of it like the Federal Reserve, the Department of Education, HUD, the EPA, the FDA, Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security that I think were ill-conceived and are dysfunctional to the point that they need to be done away with entirely. The reason I wouldn't give it higher is that it does do some things well like national security, maintaining the US power grid and natural resources, and keeping the country running from day to day. It is necessary but overly burdensome.

Only poor people hate trump.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I like how you ignore number 4, where I point out that 2/3 of the country are presently covered by/paying for private insurance (most through employers) and they will instead pay into the single payer system should it be implemented.
    The other thing is single payer will never work because there is no guard against corruption. When you concentrate power into one place, people get corrupted and use it for something else. It can work for a short time but in the end things are vastly worse off than before. All the money dedicated to that part of the budget can be stolen by a warlord president for example. If instead you have a private network of doctors, that's much more difficult to do.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    10. Just... just horrible.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

10+ Year Old Account
    6. By and large, incompetence (disguised as 'I'd share a beer with him' relatability) and appeals to manufactured outrage have turned politics into a centrifuge, one easily exploited by bad actors taking advantage of peoples' poor critical thinking skills to widen that gap. It's gotten to the point that one of the largest voting blocs, 50+ adults, the same age group that raised those of us in our 30s who grew up as the internet came to prominence, ignore their own advice (show of hands, how many of us grew up with adults telling us ad infinitum to never trust an online rumor and always fact-check sources?), and seem quite willing to believe anything they see on a Facebook meme so long as it supports their preconceived notion, and flock to charismatic suits selling them fear, both left and right. This has accordingly turned government processes into a pissing match between out-of-touch old people who turn around and do everything they can to shame the few under-40 Americans who care enough to get involved in the process and act in good faith, both left and right.

I think the perfect microcosm of how incompetent and out-of-touch the people running this country are, is the Google hearings. Adults who couldn't tell the difference between an Android phone and an iPhone, who demonstrated a total inability to comprehend that Google does not have a guy sitting in an office altering search results so Donald Trump shows up when one searches 'idiot,' nonetheless consider themselves sufficiently tech-savvy to pass sweeping legislation that impacts how the internet operates, and these people are voted in by people who will share a meme asserting Paul Ryan cured cancer or AOC dropkicked an NRA lobbyist, or that AOC cured cancer and Mitch McConnell killed a man in broad daylight, without the smallest modicum of effort fact-checking on their end.
    Last edited by Thage; 2019-06-12 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Typos galore
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

The only reason it's not a 10 is watching some other countries manage to do worse. It's an overcomplicated mess ran by a tool and mostly influenced by bribery than the will of the people. Wealth and innovation brought on by a handful of states carrying the others seems to be the only reason we're not an absolute hellhole. I worry daily that we're going to collapse into a total Idiocracy within my lifetime.

(US)

10+ Year Old Account
    9 or 10. I honestly can't believe we haven't had a civil war or assassination yet. The US government is just this side of completely fucking useless right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Are you expecting the US to nuke them?
    Cut off all aid until they end the occupation of Palestine.
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

I despise current Turkish government. They are damaging the country beyond repair.