Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    How ToS was handled (on a visual level) was in my opinion an even greater disappointment than the raid itself.
    So much builtup, so much pre set lore: Into the trashbin it goes.

The only section they kept was the "ruined naga section" with the Azshara statue, but then skipped on out on the tail.
    Pansies.
    See, this is one of those things where I get where you're coming from but I disagree on the specifics. I like the risen sea ruin look as well, but it was a bit too generic for such a major location. The material sets it up as this place of pure evil and Gul'dan's scrawlings are a good moodpiece but because of the game's age it doesn't really carry into its design. The lower levels of the Tomb captured that really well even if I agree with you that the night elf parts were far too pristine.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how maiev and co. will react to the mysterious massive magic dome on the broken isles, if they put it in.
    I mean, they have to if they want to adapt to the chronicles.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Garithos: AH, LORDAERON IS OURS, NOW BEGONE UNDEAD FILTH.
    Sylvanas: Kill him too.
    Varimathras: Gladly.
    * he 1-shots Garithos and ghouls eat him *
    Varimathras may have been a really nasty guy, like most dreadlords, but you gotta luv him at that moment
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but if they make the Broken isle (or now, Broken Shore) stuff look like WoW, every fiber of my being will puke at once.

I liked how it looked in Warcraft 3, it looked like some part of an ancient city that seemingly spent a longass time on the sea floor, how it should look like.
    The Legion Broken Shore was a random demon corrupted island island with a super corrupted night elven temple, whose interior doesn't look that bad actually (besides the Naga section).

At certain sections within ToS (or the Cathedral of Eternal night) i asked myself: Am i standing in some ancient tomb that spent ages on the sea floor or some random hall within Suramar City?

How ToS was handled (on a visual level) was in my opinion an even greater disappointment than the raid itself.
    So much builtup, so much pre set lore: Into the trashbin it goes.

The only section they kept was the "ruined naga section" with the Azshara statue, but then skipped on out on the tail.
    Pansies.
    I absolutely loved the tropical tileset and now worry about this also. I could have sworn broken isles was retconned to never have actually been sunk, to explain why its noe a populated continent with a 10000 year old city of nelfs and a society of tauren who originated from azshara region.

I cannot honestly see them removing the entire tropical tileset though as its also used for the echo isles so at worst case it will most likely be just the temple itself that sees (if any) changes.
    Last edited by Yes but actually no; 2019-06-12 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That wouldn't be the Burning Legion though?
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Such an iconic moment. I too would be sad to see it go.

Garithos: AH, LORDAERON IS OURS, NOW BEGONE UNDEAD FILTH.
    Sylvanas: Kill him too.
    Varimathras: Gladly.
    * he 1-shots Garithos and ghouls eat him *
    We need to see the real result of that fight without the plot armor. Then we'd get this:

I hope they retcon Baine out of the lore. Only Alliance players emphazie with him. Facts. We don't need red painted alliance characters as leadership.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It is highly doubtful the story of WC3 will change in any meaningful way - some details might be added to or embellished, pacing and continuity might get tightened up a bit, but the story itself will remain the same with no major changes.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    What was the point of the orc demon gates if they had spaceships the entire time? Like the whole Kil'jaeden thing portal in tbc was the sunwell when Arthas literally held that place to resurrect Kel'thuzad, they could have just used it to summon Archimonde there instead? Or the fact Kil'Jaeden comes in a spaceship in legion.
    They needed the tome from Dalaran for the summoning ritual, and Kel'thuzad was the one who knew what tome to gather. As for why the Legion didn't just invade with their ships, I don't have a good lore answer for you (I'd conjecture they needed some sort of beacon or the like on the world first, but I don't think they ever gave such an explanation).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    I hope they retcon Baine out of the lore. Only Alliance players emphazie with him. Facts. We don't need red painted alliance characters as leadership.
    Alliance finances the tauren liberation effort to retake their home from an usurper that the Warchief had allied himself with, and the tauren show appreciation to the Alliance for it. How dare they! Honestly, I feel like the tauren shouldn't even be in the Horde anymore after that betrayal, but that would throw faction balance off.

As far as my actual hopes for WC3 changes, I'd like to see the newer voice actors handle the lines. The original voice for Illidan really grated on me for some reason. Beyond that, as long as they don't drastically alter the story, I'll be happy.
    Last edited by Aresk; 2019-06-12 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Alliance finances the tauren liberation effort to retake their home from an usurper that the Warchief had allied himself with, and the tauren show appreciation to the Alliance for it. How dare they! Honestly, I feel like the tauren shouldn't even be in the Horde anymore after that betrayal, but that would throw faction balance off.
    First of all, Garrosh didn't align himself with Magatha. Secondly, before crawling to the Alliance Baine made the conscious choice not to approach any other Horde leader for help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    First of all, Garrosh didn't align himself with Magatha. Secondly, before crawling to the Alliance Baine made the conscious choice not to approach any other Horde leader for help.
    Might have something to do with the Warchief of the Horde having killed his father like the day before. They wouldn't be my first choice either.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    What parts of beef were used for hamburgers?
    I was thinking something more like the first meeting between Drogo and Dany. Baine was made an unwilling wife to an overly muscular, hunky centuar khan.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2019-06-12 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Might have something to do with the Warchief of the Horde having killed his father like the day before. They wouldn't be my first choice either.
    But it was his father who wanted duel to death....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Aren't they going to change some things to be more in line with the Chronicles? I feel like that would be expected..and I'm not sure what they said about voice lines, but I think they may change those too.
    That's what I was thinking. And I'm OK with it. The Chronicles were made to try and straighten out the wonky lore for Warcraft. If they change some things in WC3R to put it in line with The Chronicles, I'm totally OK with that. Even it if means some of the gameplay will be changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

In a duel in accordance with Horde law. Issued by Cairne. Over bullshit. With Baine knowing Garrosh was played by Magatha even before he left Orgrimmar to see Thunder Bluff overrun by the Grimtotem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

There's a lot of things in WC3 that were done for the sake of being a 'grand adventure in a fantasy world' that I think should be addressed or changed.

For example, there's actually quite a bit of dialog with NPC races that don't actually talk in WoW.

- An Elder Watcher (Moonkin) guarding Illidan's prison talks to Tyrande.
    - Furbolg talk to Tyrande
    - Arthas talks to a Black Dragon. I guess Black Dragons do talk but their dialog is very 'RPG adventure' Black dragon guarding its treasure type stuff.

I don't know whether it's better to keep it the same or change it. I know there's purists who want this stuff kept the same, but I'd want some of it changed around like the Elder Watcher changed to an actual Warden or the Black Dragon having a bit more dialog relating to the world than just guarding its treasure.

Don't expect them to have any empathy for the characters or to try to understand their motivations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Retcons I expect:

- Kael'thas Sunstrider will deem any and all Blood Elves who do not accept sucking mana wyrms and siphoning demon juice Void Elves, who will come into existence much earlier. Kael'thas will then declare "if the alliance desires fair-skinned, blonde elves, those traitorous emo dogs are there for you."

- In Grom's dying breath, he'll instead say: "If my son ever tries to travel back in time to keep me from drinking Magheridon's blood... stop him, this fate is better than experiencing Warlords of Draenor and dying an old man."

- Jaina will have more lines of dialogue before the Culling of Stratholme, including: "I'm sorry Arthas... I can't watch you do this..."
    "Jaina?"
    "I am a strong and independent woman, and I do need to follow you to cull Stratholme. If I thought your plan was any good, I would have done the culling already myself. I am leaving you for a blue dragon who treats me as his equal. I am woman, hear me roar."

- Arthas will no longer defeat Illidan. Illidan will slip on a banana peel and hit his head on a block of ice. Arthas will shrug and ascend to the Frozen Throne.

- The final scene will be Tirion Fordring going into exile, pulling a hood over his head and staring off into the distance at four moons in the sky.

7+ Year Old Account
    jaina is all i care about
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    As we know, the storyline in the upcoming remake will have some changes to "adapt them better" to the WoW storyline
    So, do you have any hopes and/or fears about this?

My hopes are:
    -A little more dialogue on the 'lesser races' of each faction (Dwarves, Trolls, Tauren,etc)
    -Unique models for each lore figure that didn't have one on warcraft 3 (Muradin, Antonidas, Akama, Vol'jin, Rokhan, Cairne, etc)

My fears:
    -Completely changing a character's backstory or changing their mindset
    -Some missions having a different storyline entirely

Do you have any hopes or fears for Reforged?
    Can't add more than this(well maybe some extra mentions to some lore figures like Rastakhan, Deathwing, Greymane, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself