Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    I love how you took the time to quote out plenty of posts requesting better moderation and the removal of bad faith posters, and instead tell us to filter things out so these threads can still exist, so the right-wing nationalism that has populated this forum can live on.

Fuck that. There is NO PLACE IN THE FUCKING WORLD FOR RIGHT-WING NATIONALISM AND PROPAGANDA.

Period.
    Thought-policing is their deal, you don't have to engage with them if you've no intention of persuading them with the fruits of freedom and democracy. They're just using it as a schtick to cover their personal issues and are best ignored if you've nothing nice to say. Anything else will only vindicate them in their messed up logic and worldview. They want to struggle, feed on it and are subject to the same forum rules as everyone else. They don't last very long.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    It's an ownership group that includes Boubouille, you know, the guy that started MMO-Champion back in the day. And the day to day runnings are lead by people who were either already involved in running the sites or by new people who want to make these sites the best sites they can be and give them active care and attention again.

This new ownership is a GOOD thing.
    I'm not saying it's not. I have no idea what that other guy was talking about. I just like to know as much as possible about things. Sorry if i seemed like i was taking a crap on y'all.

I really hope the moderators become more professional and less biased, and communicate more. I've been a part of many forums since I was in college, and this moderation team is by far the most reclusive, biased, and frustrating group of people.

The High Elf thread is a perfect example. Whoever moderates that thread is clearly biased to the pro-High Elf community, and hands out infractions to any one in opposition all while letting the "pro-crowd" break rules left and right without warnings. Situations like that prevent me from wanting to discuss things in certain threads, and as others have stated, puts MMO-C in a bad light.

Just a small example of how I'd like to see this site changed. Moderation should be unbiased, especially since this site accepts money from its users.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I'm not saying it's not. I have no idea what that other guy was talking about. I just like to know as much as possible about things. Sorry if i seemed like i was taking a crap on y'all.
    Nah, didn't mean to infere you were. There's just some fear and uncertainty out there and I'd love to take those away.

Get rid of off topic forums especially politics sub forum.

Get brand new mods. Start fresh as many of them violated the rules more then the trolls and ysed their status to push personal agendas.

Keep the forums about games, movies , music , computer parts , hobbies.

Expand to covering games beyond the dying Wow franchise.

Get brand new moderators. Can't stress this enough

Good luck, but I gave a feeling this site goes belly up in 6 months
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    So it went from 275 players to 282? Let's be real, Albion Online is small potatoes and not worth the time to report on the goings on. Same goes with GW2 if we're being honest. There hasn't been a post in that subforum in over 4 days. Eve is what, still a fairly minor player. There is a Runescape thread somewhere in the video game section, I don't think it sees that much action either.

If anything the Video game section needs some sections removed for games like Rift, GW2, Dota2, Minecraft and so on. Most of those sub forums are quite useless now.
    Somewhat more players than that in Albion Online now. And WoW subs are in decline. I bet even Reddit and Discord have more people logged in than WoW these days. And a nice, informative flashy front-page Feature story now and again, about a game that is growing in popularity, Albion Online for example, is a refreshing change and has a chance to bring MMO fans to an actual ****MMO***-Champion website than a teensy-weensy sub-section in a forum would.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    What is the official stance of Magic Find as regards white supremacist and nazi posters, and the moderators that love them?
    I want to know their thougjts on people who call others they don't agree with White Supramists or Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Great!

Dump all non-gaming forums, and devise a better way to display PTR notes (or other long posts) on the front page than the 30 mile long posts that wear out a mouse's scroll wheel to get past.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Why do you guys care so much about gen-OT? What's wrong with tumblr or reddit or whatever shithole there is, can't you go hold your little group therapy sessions there and leave a gaming fansite be about gaming, and not bashing minorities? Jesus Christ, what is this shit...
    Or, you know, be mature and just don't go there?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixiuz View Post
    Somewhat more players than that in Albion Online now. And WoW subs are in decline. I bet even Reddit and Discord have more people logged in than WoW these days. And a nice, informative flashy front-page Feature story now and again, about a game that is growing in popularity, Albion Online for example, is a refreshing change and has a chance to bring MMO fans to an actual ****MMO***-Champion website than a teensy-weensy sub-section in a forum would.
    Why would covering another game sporadically draw in crowds of people to this site? There are sub-forums for a few games but those communities never grew. Even with occasional mention of those games when they were "new and fresh". Those communities did not grow here. And of course Reddit and Discord have more people logged in. They are massively popular social media platforms.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by davidcryix View Post
    I do not comment often on MMOC but this is one of my most checked gaming sites because it is a no frills, exhaustive breakdown of everything happening in WOW without a lot of editorialization. I'll decide if i hate the new feature or not (Most often I do not). That is what i appreciate about this site the most and thats why i pay for it. Whatever you can do to preserve that uniqueness would be desirable for me.

I recognize that sites like wowhead do and offer A LOT of content which attracts visitors (and thus money) but i find the cluttered layout almost unbearable to use.
    Ditto ditto

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why would covering another game sporadically draw in crowds of people to this site? There are sub-forums for a few games but those communities never grew. Even with occasional mention of those games when they were "new and fresh". Those communities did not grow here. And of course Reddit and Discord have more people logged in. They are massively popular social media platforms.
    New and Fresh MMO-Champion under new managment = new and fresh directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Or, you know, be mature and just don't go there?
    Yeah, "just look the other way", that's the answer to all the world's peril. Why try to solve problems or make things better? Just ignore it! You go champ!

Or hell, let's have an alley wherein you get gangraped. Not a problem, just don't go there!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah, "just look the other way", that's the answer to all the world's peril. Why try to solve problems or make things better? Just ignore it! You go champ!

Or hell, let's have an alley wherein you get gangraped. Not a problem, just don't go there!
    For one, its not peril, thats dramatic bullshit. For two, killing those forums does solve the pretend problem you've presented.

Also, comparing OT forums to gang rape?

Again, grow up and don't go there. Problem solved for everyone. Thats why filters exist.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    im sure everyone who doesnt agree with your ultra left ideology is a hate filled and ignorant lmfao are they racist too? nazis?

id argue the extreme leftist communist blm types are a MUCH larger problem
    Duped by the rich idiots tend to think that, ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    For one, its not peril, thats dramatic bullshit. For two, killing those forums does solve the pretend problem you've presented.

Also, comparing OT forums to gang rape?

Again, grow up and don't go there. Problem solved for everyone. Thats why filters exist.
    Man if you can't grasp how idiotic and infantile your "solution" is then no amount of arguing will get the point across. I give up, you win. Do your little victory dance.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    The politics and other forums should go. There's no reason for them on a gaming forum and the problem is that they attract trollish behavior that spills over into the gaming sections. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't care (I've set filters so I don't see them) but I just fail to see anything positive about having non-gaming related fora here.

The mods don't bother me much but they do need to be consistent about infractions. Moderation, though, will always attract complaints, so, eh.

Of course... I have ads blocked here and won't unblock until I can be confident that the ads shown aren't egregious and taking me to some malware laden site.

PS: Turned off the ad block to see and honestly, it's not too bad. I'm a little surprised.

PPS: I'd also encourage more prominent coverage of other games. Not just having forums for them but covering news from them too, even if that news is only basically announcements.
    Last edited by clevin; 2019-06-12 at 10:04 PM.

Throwing in my 2 cents as well, I agree the moderation need a major overhaul. I had to change my persona to a gay brony lover to avoid getting infracted every time I post. I still say the exact same things I said before, but now that I'm a gay brony I can pretty much do whatever I want. The bias is multifaceted and painfully obvious.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I know you’re joking to an extent, but the reality is WoW just isn’t enough to talk about on its own anymore. Other websites dedicated to WoW have started talking about other games now and even the 3 WoW podcasts I listen to have branched out to at least coverage of other Blizzard titles if not discussing things by completely different developers.

I’d just like to see similar from MMO-Champion too. I don’t have any interest in Elder Scrolls myself, but I’m sure there are people on this side who do. I just want to see more news stories on the site.
    As of now, big news from other blizzard games appear on the front page, as links to other sites dedicated to those games, and that's plenty in my opinion. "WoW just isn't enough to talk about anymore" is a laughable statement, because it's just as much to talk about as it ever was, and there are other places to talk about other games.

If you want more content on the site, that's okay, say that. There's plenty more that could clutter the front page without discussing other games. They could post a detailed walkthrough of every quest added to the game, with commentary. Every model, every texture or sound or background music file, every lore tidbit and grammar mistake could be discussed in full, because someone already spent hours of their life creating it. Or they could stick with what they're doing and let the WoW forum on MMO-Champion decide for themselves what to discuss, along with forums for other games, and only post the most major news for WoW.

Does this mean we get the little dude holding a sword n shield again?
    Does the dude on the forums that used a hot chick with a shirt that said 'rogues do it from behind' and got countless PM's from the guys here also come back to posting again?