Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

9.0 and beyond: More Demon Hunter racial options?

I have seen a post way back about allowing other races to become Demon Hunters much like the two available playable races now. I'm not sure if it was archived or if it still exist into the nothingness of general section's end pages.

So do you think we should have new races allowed to be Demon Hunters?
    Humans?Orcs?Dranei? What's your opinion?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-06-12 at 09:26 PM.

Maybe Draenei and Void elves for Alliance, and Orcs and Nightborne for horde. They are the races that make most sense as alternatives. Dunno if Blizzard wants to go on that direction.

Personally, i cant stand the elf races, so i would absolutely welcome a shift towards more races - but thats just me - any lore nerd will freak the fuck out about it and Blizzard would buckle.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Personally, i cant stand the elf races, so i would absolutely welcome a shift towards more races - but thats just me - any lore nerd will freak the fuck out about it and Blizzard would buckle.
    since when have blizzard cared about lore nerds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblins and gnomes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Draenei and Orcs are the best options here... but I wouldn't like see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    since when have blizzard cared about lore nerds?
    Considering how long it took for them to loosen the reigns at all regarding class / race combos, i think the wheels turn pretty slow.

Draenei and Trolls could work, after all the zandalari warlock concept was pretty much like a dh
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

5+ Year Old Account
    No no no, you are all wrong it should be Murlocs only. They should removed elves form it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Draenei and Trolls could work, after all the zandalari warlock concept was pretty much like a dh
    I feel like the male Draenei model would look really weird as Demon Hunters. Maybe that's just me though.

Preferably, none - they should stay NElf/BElf exclusive. It's what makes the most sense.
    But, if they were to do it and I had to pick, I'd have to go with Draenei and Orcs. Possibly Void Elves and Zandalari, but the start zone would need to be altered or otherwise explained. I.e have Void Elf Demon Hunter start off with the normal BElf model but have an additional step after the start zone that has them turn.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Preferably, none - they should stay NElf/BElf exclusive. It's what makes the most sense.
    But, if they were to do it and I had to pick, I'd have to go with Draenei and Orcs. Possibly Void Elves and Zandalari, but the start zone would need to be altered or otherwise explained. I.e have Void Elf Demon Hunter start off with the normal BElf model but have an additional step after the start zone that has them turn.
    The new races could easily be trained by elf’s demon hunters in a small new zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    I have seen a post way back about allowing other races to become Demon Hunters much like the two available playable races now. I'm not sure if it was archived or if it still exist into the nothingness of general section's end pages.

So do you think we should have new races allowed to be Demon Hunters?
    Humans?Orcs?Dranei? What's your opinion?
    Hopefully not, to be honest.

Hence before Legion hit, I had hoped my human bound Demon Hunter ideas (i.e. Diablo kind) while leaving the WoW Demon Hunter as forever, and always, extremely limited hero class.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I feel like the male Draenei model would look really weird as Demon Hunters. Maybe that's just me though.
    Likely it would look like this
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Considering how long it took for them to loosen the reigns at all regarding class / race combos, i think the wheels turn pretty slow.
    To be fair it was run by a different leadership and once that door was opened it wasn't as difficult to update more class/race combos. Still, they try to retain SOME lore consistencies such as Zandalari Warlocks (since the ones that reasonably would be locks would have been with Shadra and since her entire group of followers were more-or-less killed...)
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    To be fair it was run by a different leadership and once that door was opened it wasn't as difficult to update more class/race combos. Still, they try to retain SOME lore consistencies such as Zandalari Warlocks (since the ones that reasonably would be locks would have been with Shadra and since her entire group of followers were more-or-less killed...)
    I wasn't expecting Zandalari Paladins though now that Rezan was turned Undead. What are the odds and possibilities?

Zandalari Dk perhaps along the way with those faithful to Bwomsamdi and the Undead Rezan?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-06-12 at 10:30 PM.

In theory, any/all races could become Demon Hunters. Practically however, they'd have to totally retcon the lore to make it work. With the burning Legion defeated, why would anyone become a DH now? It's a massive sacrifice and usually fatal.

If they were to say other races became DH's during the Legions invasion of Azeroth, then where were they during Legion?

Sadly, I think DH's were a one expansion class which don't really make much sense moving forward so we're stuck with Elves.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    The hunter being the hunted.

I get that elves are getting too much spotlight, but DH is kind of a cultural thing, no need for more races.

Eventually, Blizzard should open up every race/class combo. Far more people would roll new characters, and most of the complainers would see themselves out anyway. In other words, it'd be a win-win.