10+ Year Old Account
    Came back and played 2 games during the event and got shit on in both my matches. First match we were attacking and didn't even get 1/3 of the way to capturing the point. Next game with entirely new people, we were defending and I don't think we made any attempt to hold the line. The payload barely stopped as they wiped us all to the floor. Granted I was playing random, but still.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Who are you talking about? And what post are you responding to?
    I believe this is in relation our discussion about 'broken matchmaking'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Came back and played 2 games during the event and got shit on in both my matches. First match we were attacking and didn't even get 1/3 of the way to capturing the point. Next game with entirely new people, we were defending and I don't think we made any attempt to hold the line. The payload barely stopped as they wiped us all to the floor. Granted I was playing random, but still.
    Sounds like you were in the receiving end of actual coordinated overwatch play, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I believe this is in relation our discussion about 'broken matchmaking'.
    At everyone who believes they are stuck due to other players. I have seen the same people make the same complaint for like a year and a half, them especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    At everyone who believes they are stuck due to other players. I have seen the same people make the same complaint for like a year and a half, them especially.
    Yeah I know. But if one person listens to me and agrees then that's one fewer toxic asshat in ladder, so I can't help but try. Although conspiracy theorists are probably a smaller problem than team-blaming shitlords.

Dropped 300 rating since saturday due to leavers. They need to remove the SR penalty if there are leavers and make the leaver take the full SR loss the team would've gotten in addition to the -50 SR from leaving, making it 150-200 rating lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylaman View Post
    Dropped 300 rating since saturday due to leavers. They need to remove the SR penalty if there are leavers and make the leaver take the full SR loss the team would've gotten in addition to the -50 SR from leaving, making it 150-200 rating lost.
    You had 12 games with leavers in a day? Ooft. I see one maybe every 3-4 sessions.

You had 12 games with leavers in a day? Ooft. I see one maybe every 3-4 sessions.

No, it's tuesday now. One blatantly rage quit, said "their widowmaker is aimbotting anyhow and I have better things to do" and left. The widowmaker wasn't aimbotting, he was just good. These leavers are starting to piss me off, it's like every other or third game there's a leaver on either my team or the opponents team. They should implement a low priority queue like dota 2 has for leavers.
    Last edited by Phon; 2019-06-11 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylaman View Post
    No, it's tuesday now. One blatantly rage quit, said "their widowmaker is aimbotting anyhow and I have better things to do" and left. The widowmaker wasn't aimbotting, he was just good. These leavers are starting to piss me off, it's like every other or third game there's a leaver on either my team or the opponents team. They should implement a low priority queue like dota 2 has for leavers.
    Ah I misread, fair enough. Yeah I hate when that happens, people are so quick to cry smurf because hanzo or widow lands a couple good shots lol, like, people can be that good, and tbh it's not even that good. Just kill them.

I agree, I think a low prio queue would be nice. I generally try to be quite optimistic and nice in voice/chat as often as I can be bothered to, I get fewer toxic games that way and maybe that's why I seem to get fewer leavers than most people. Every little helps.

Just play the game and ignore everything.

I was 2500 SR, was there for 2-3 seasons. Climbed up from 2200, got some close games but I finally made it to 2500. Then one fine day, I got in to games where people just played whatever they want and refuse to swap/communicate, some games people just straight up throwing, I fell from 2500 to 1900 no joke.

Ever since then, I just encountered the same type of people, refuse to swap even though you're getting hard countered, selfish solo players, over and over and over and over and over... I've given up on this game, now I play the game as a solo player as well, teamwork can kiss my butt.

Some games I see a widow going against Orisa, Rein and Winston, i tell them to swap, we're in Silver, your aim aint that good and they got 3 shields you cant even hit through. Of course I get ignored, then they swap to Genji with 10secs left, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    Just play the game and ignore everything.

I was 2500 SR, was there for 2-3 seasons. Climbed up from 2200, got some close games but I finally made it to 2500. Then one fine day, I got in to games where people just played whatever they want and refuse to swap/communicate, some games people just straight up throwing, I fell from 2500 to 1900 no joke.

Ever since then, I just encountered the same type of people, refuse to swap even though you're getting hard countered, selfish solo players, over and over and over and over and over... I've given up on this game, now I play the game as a solo player as well, teamwork can kiss my butt.

Some games I see a widow going against Orisa, Rein and Winston, i tell them to swap, we're in Silver, your aim aint that good and they got 3 shields you cant even hit through. Of course I get ignored, then they swap to Genji with 10secs left, LOL
    Everyone plays in the same environment my dude, inability to climb is not due to teammates.

Everyone plays in the same environment my dude, inability to climb is not due to teammates.
    People like to blame everyone but themselves like they're some kind of god to gaming. It's nothing new in this thread.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    People like to blame everyone but themselves like they're some kind of god to gaming. It's nothing new in this thread.
    I know, but I was an entitled, team blaming douchebag before I saw the light. Maybe one of my posts will help others do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is 100% not correct. If you are the only one who communicate, pick relevant heroes (swapping to counter etc) and who is the top performer with good heal/min or dps/min every game but still have a hard time climbing, then, it's really is the teams fault. I mean, what else can you POSSIBLY do.

- - - Updated - - -

That is 100% not correct. If you are the only one who communicate, pick relevant heroes (swapping to counter etc) and who is the top performer with good heal/min or dps/min every game but still have a hard time climbing, then, it's really is the teams fault. I mean, what else can you POSSIBLY do.

I been there myself. My main account is stuck in platinum, around 2800 cause I tend to get always potato teammates. I play support with 2k heal per min, communicate, swap to more optimal healers when needed etc but I can't climb cause there is a 50% winrate, seems like Im either cursed or that Blizzard purposely puts me with bad teammates.

And before you say "you are playing where you should", no. I have two more accounts, both in diamond. My second account has at 3300 rating and I been there for many seasons and about 300 games, not dropping down. And my third account even reached masters, now it's at 3450 or so as well, and I keep it there solidly with about 100 games played.

I am no god, but I am a mid-high diamond player, POSSIBLY a low masters player. But I just can't climb with my main account non the less. Two accounts to prove where I should be (thanks to placements), but my old acc, who placed lower many seasons ago, just can't get there. Cause a diamond player can't solo its way out of plat and my potato teammates assure I always stay there...

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    it's my team's fault I'm perfect wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    okay buddy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have asked time and again for the people who think they are trapped in elo hell to post their SR, what they think their SR should be and their gameplay.

They never do.

I wonder why.
    elo hell for me was like 2700-2900.

I eventually got out of it and got into diamond, I felt accomplished and basically stopped. lol

kinda sick of the Duo queue, instant lock Widow /Hanzo in almost everyone of my QPs, and when my 4 stack that takes everything important for Bunker comp, Deathball, or suggest GOATS, we get "Nah, it's QP brah." and they continue to waste our time, other than that... peachy.

okay buddy.
    Did you even read the rest of his/her post where they state they have 2 other accounts at a much higher rating?

okay buddy.
    Did you even read the rest of his/her post where they state they have 2 other accounts at a much higher rating?
    People in this thread have short memories. The higher cited account is one that a friend of his let him play on, that was already put at that SR.

Additionally he said he doesn't play on it often, so his performance hasn't caught up with him. A healer player that can't get out plat deserves to be there. Diamond isn't much more impressive than plat tbh, just slightly less bad.

A good ana or zen carries matches, period. They can easily climb to GM from bronze by merit of being able to get kills and having obscene utility in a team game.

He is most accurately described as a hardstuck 3k player if we take all of his posts as 100% true.
    ---

On topic, I was in a GM game, ended with something like 7.5k damage done 5k healing done, zen outhealed me, but it doesn't matter, because the enemy team literally never got a clean engagement, because they were always down 1 from sleep into kill, or team anti'd. Meanwhile I can be playing on an alt at 3.3 or something and our ana gets a healing card for like 25k healing done but she was basically a non entity because the utility use was bad.

I see people here say they are the top performer in all their games, and I know they mean medals, but that isn't how OW is won.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-06-13 at 01:09 AM.

People in this thread have short memories. The higher cited account is one that a friend of his let him play on, that was already put at that SR.

Additionally he said he doesn't play on it often, so his performance hasn't caught up with him. A healer player that can't get out plat deserves to be there. Diamond isn't much more impressive than plat tbh, just slightly less bad.

A good ana or zen carries matches, period. They can easily climb to GM from bronze by merit of being able to get kills and having obscene utility in a team game.

He is most accurately described as a hardstuck 3k player if we take all of his posts as 100% true.
    ---

On topic, I was in a GM game, ended with something like 7.5k damage done 5k healing done, zen outhealed me, but it doesn't matter, because the enemy team literally never got a clean engagement, because they were always down 1 from sleep into kill, or team anti'd. Meanwhile I can be playing on an alt at 3.3 or something and our ana gets a healing card for like 25k healing done but she was basically a non entity because the utility use was bad.

I see people here say they are the top performer in all their games, and I know they mean medals, but that isn't how OW is won.
    Yet he commented 2 more accounts, not just 1. By your own posts you’ve even stated “give me your account info so I can rank it up and watch it fall when I give it back” (paraphrasing). You just said the other account is a friends that he let him play and he stated he hasn’t fallen. 300 games or not, by your account, he should have fallen. He even stated it’s been here doing steady.
    You can say what you want, but other than your anecdotal evidence vs other’s anecdotal evidence, there is nothing more than 1 side going “uh huh” with the other side going “nuh uh.”
    Bottom line is no one really knows how SR works because Blizzard has never come out and explained it. There’s every bit as much of a chance of it not being as great as people say as there is a chance of it being a perfect system.

Yet he commented 2 more accounts, not just 1. By your own posts you’ve even stated “give me your account info so I can rank it up and watch it fall when I give it back” (paraphrasing). You just said the other account is a friends that he let him play and he stated he hasn’t fallen. 300 games or not, by your account, he should have fallen. He even stated it’s been here doing steady.
    You can say what you want, but other than your anecdotal evidence vs other’s anecdotal evidence, there is nothing more than 1 side going “uh huh” with the other side going “nuh uh.”
    Bottom line is no one really knows how SR works because Blizzard has never come out and explained it. There’s every bit as much of a chance of it not being as great as people say as there is a chance of it being a perfect system.
    So do you not believe GM players are better than plats? If this argument is anecdotal vs anecdotal then the vast number of people whose skills correlate with their SR surely cant exist right, since that would constitute evidence against these screeching kids who wish their number would go up.