Poll: Should WoW have a WoW 2 1.x?

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Fresh start WoW 2 1.x

Wouldn't it simply be nice if WoW started over, on even ground with your peers?

WoW has simply become a "collection" game these days, and it isn't very fun. Play /Pay to collect "rare" mounts, or "rare" pets.

This isn't why we used to play, IS IT?

People will say, just play Classic (Vanilla). What if I would rather just play WotLK? TBC .. or, curse me later, Pandaria?

It's in most peoples general interest to just start over. There are too many variables.

And the "retail" version is quite dumb.

So, onto the poll!

CLARIFICATION:
    This is not about old games being relaunched, but rather a NEW WOW ... which is why it was always referred to as WoW 2 1.x
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-06-13 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post

WoW has simply become a "collection" game these days, and it isn't very fun. Play /Pay to collect "rare" mounts, or "rare" pets.

People will say, just play Classic (Vanilla). What if I would rather just play WotLK? TBC .. or, curse me later, Pandaria?

It's in most peoples general interest to just start over. There are too many variables.

So, onto the poll!
    Considering "WoW 2 1.x" would be classic, even though you're classifying "WoW 2" as a relaunched WoW, that is exactly what people will say... just play classic. You're starting over on even ground with your peers.

Then you go on to say "What if I want to play WotLK, or TBC, or Pandaria"... so which is it?

So, onto the poll!
    And you have hope of a WoW 2 why? It would be the same people working on Retail that would be working on WoW 2. Just go back to the Classic forums and Classic WoW the "true" game if all you're going to do is just stir the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Considering "WoW 2 1.x" would be classic, even though you're classifying "WoW 2" as a relaunched WoW, that is exactly what people will say... just play classic. You're starting over on even ground with your peers.

Then you go on to say "What if I want to play WotLK, or TBC, or Pandaria"... so which is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    And you have hope of a WoW 2 why? It would be the same people working on Retail that would be working on WoW 2. Just go back to the Classic forums and Classic WoW the "true" game if all you're going to do is just stir the pot.

poll added my man / madam. Men / Ladies, as it were.

The only way it could work if they scrapped everything EXCEPT: mounts/pets/transmogs/achivements.

WoW 2 1.x is no WoW we've ever seen. It is not released.

poll added my man / madam. Men / Ladies, as it were.
    To your edited clarification, as well as the question(s) posed, you still asked "People will say, just play Classic (Vanilla). What if I would rather just play WotLK? TBC .. or, curse me later, Pandaria?" So if you're talking a WoW 2 why would you even bring up playing WotLK, TBC, Pandaria, etc? In other words, DO you actually want to play a whole new WoW, or WotLK, TBC, or Pandaria?

Either way, a WoW 2 might be interesting, but apparently Blizzard thought it wasn't a worthwhile endeavor to attempt so they killed it. I would be very curious the reason(s) they decided it wasn't worthwhile, but yea.

I would be happy if they just made a "fresh" WoW run again. As in it starts in classic and just rolls all the way though from the beginning to current. Sure, I loved some, mostly the early ones, more than others but a fresh restart would be fun for me. In particular this go around because you could do it without the 12 to 18 month content gaps at the end of expansions that honestly made me hate some expansions a lot more than they actually deserve. Not to mention a lot of the bigger issues ironed out from the start of the expansions so the first 6 months are clipped is problems of new expansions. Granted I would likely ditch out completely about the time the WoD conversation got rolling. I would also want it to be a clean separation from live. So while your live account would still exist as it is, in the reset you would not retain any of your achievements, gear, mogs, pets, and anything else that links you to your other account outside of the btag.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeDog View Post
    I would be happy if they just made a "fresh" WoW run again. As in it starts in classic and just rolls all the way though from the beginning to current. Sure, I loved some, mostly the early ones, more than others but a fresh restart would be fun for me. In particular this go around because you could do it without the 12 to 18 month content gaps at the end of expansions that honestly made me hate some expansions a lot more than they actually deserve. Not to mention a lot of the bigger issues ironed out from the start of the expansions so the first 6 months are clipped is problems of new expansions. Granted I would likely ditch out completely about the time the WoD conversation got rolling. I would also want it to be a clean separation from live. So while your live account would still exist as it is, in the reset you would not retain any of your achievements, gear, mogs, pets, and anything else that links you to your other account outside of the btag.
    I think(?) that's what most people hope happens with classic. It would be a natural progression through to a certain point. I know I would definitely love to do classic->BC->LK again. At least I would know to stop caring at the end of LK. :P

With no real way to measure how many people are subscribing because (or for) classic alone outside of those that play classic more than retail, there's no way for Blizzard to gauge if it's worthwhile to get BC, and then LK progressed to. Because the flip-side is that someone comes back for classic, and then slowly but surely transitions to retail. So the numbers will always be vague as both are a single sub. I hope they don't introduce any variation of a cash shop on classic but meh if they did so be it.
    Last edited by alturic; 2019-06-13 at 02:42 AM.

WoW will NEVER 'reset' to the base game. One of the things that keeps long time players playing is the 'sunk cost' fallacy, that or the fact that the game is comfortable. They know the ins and outs of it.

Could there be a WoW 2? Maybe. But it is unlikely. It would cannibalize their own fanbase. It would only come when WoW was on it's last legs and even then, maybe not. MMOs are very expensive to make and a great risk. Most of them fail.

---
    EDIT
    ---

They COULD do the EverQuest route of 'time locked progression servers'. Start a server in Classic. When X number of people have defeated Naxx, a server message goes out, X months until TBC opens. Then when Sunwell is defeated by X, it happens for WotLK and so on. Until the server catches up with live. Then it is 'merged' into a Live server.
    Last edited by Nelaphim-EX; 2019-06-13 at 02:43 AM.

To your edited clarification, as well as the question(s) posed, you still asked "People will say, just play Classic (Vanilla). What if I would rather just play WotLK? TBC .. or, curse me later, Pandaria?" So if you're talking a WoW 2 why would you even bring up playing WotLK, TBC, Pandaria, etc? In other words, DO you actually want to play a whole new WoW, or WotLK, TBC, or Pandaria?

Either way, a WoW 2 might be interesting, but apparently Blizzard thought it wasn't a worthwhile endeavor to attempt so they killed it. I would be very curious the reason(s) they decided it wasn't worthwhile, but yea.
    It's a topic that obviously bothers you. Let some others have room.

So, onto the poll!

CLARIFICATION:
    This is not about old games being relaunched, but rather a NEW WOW ... which is why it was always referred to as WoW 2 1.x
    What an absolutely TERRIBLE blog post with an even more biased and just plain terrible poll. This site deteriorating by the day.

It's a topic that obviously bothers you. Let some others have room.
    It bothers me? More-so your question is all over the place, sorry.

'I have a F150 currently, but I'm thinking about getting a Dodge, and I think I will. But what if I want to get an F350, or F550?"

Anyway, I'll bow out now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always makes me laugh when people go on about how it would be amazing if WotLK servers got made and when you look you'll notice that they are the same people that say how stuff like gearscore and dungeon finder ruined the game.
    Speciation Is Gradual

I think(?) that's what most people hope happens with classic. It would be a natural progression through to a certain point. I know I would definitely love to do classic->BC->LK again. At least I would know to stop caring at the end of LK. :P

With no real way to measure how many people are subscribing because (or for) classic alone outside of those that play classic more than retail, there's no way for Blizzard to gauge if it's worthwhile to get BC, and then LK progressed to. Because the flip-side is that someone comes back for classic, and then slowly but surely transitions to retail. So the numbers will always be vague as both are a single sub. I hope they don't introduce any variation of a cash shop on classic but meh if they did so be it.
    Well the OG trilogy would be my first love of course. But I could probably enjoy Cata and MoP (maybe) without the (no other way to put it) bullshit content gaps that totally plagued them mid-run. Mostly because you could actually long run with people you did it with in from the beginning of the reset. I do hate how Cata crushed the old world. I really do. But do work some of that raid content again with friends would be fun. It would certainly become raid loggy as hell for me of course. MoP in a lot of ways would be the same way for me. WoD of course would be end of the damn road for sure for me. But yeah, Classic > TBC > Wotlk would be the dream run for me personally (even though I do feel WotLK is where the troubles really started, they just werent as strong yet).

Again though, just personal thought.

retail wow sucks
    i don't want classic
    but they would do awesome with wow 2!

I just don't get this logic.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    The only way it could work if they scrapped everything EXCEPT: mounts/pets/transmogs/achivements.
    Why? We need a complete wipe anyway. Leave that stuff in the past and start from scratch.

A new WoW engine/storyline isn't going to put out this modern game development dumpster fire.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like how you left out the simple "No". I'm not resisting change and I'm not calling you crazy, but still I feel like it's a big fat no.

Collecting shit might not be fun.. for you. But I know a shit ton of other people, including myself, that love doing it.

Also if they shut down WoW and made WoW 2, what would happen to the years of effort people put into their mounts? How about the money some people spent on their TCG stuff? Those haven't been cheap for quite a lot of years due to being discontinued so many years ago. Oh wait, I forgot. It's not your problem since you don't enjoy those things, so it's "fine".

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No at this point Blizzard has proven that it has no soul they could never re-create the experience that we got in classic again which is why they are re-releasing classic and not a new game