Page 1 of 24
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Survey] Level squish IS coming per Blizzard

So today I got a survey that Blizzard sends out once in a while about how you feel about different things. One of the questions was "Did you know there is a Level Squish coming?" and then the next question asked how I felt about that.

That's new, isn't it? I've seen discussion about whether or not they will, but I didn't know it was actually decided. Did I just miss that?

Edited in photos from reddit thread (Not my thread):

Last edited by Rathwirt; 2019-06-13 at 03:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    So today I got a survey that Blizzard sends out once in a while about how you feel about different things. One of the questions was "Did you know there is a Level Squish coming?" and then the next question asked how I felt about that.

That's new, isn't it? I've seen discussion about whether or not they will, but I didn't know it was actually decided. Did I just miss that?
    Not going to believe it until there is an official post where everyone can read it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

It's a survey. Not a done deal, although if it happens it's not really that big a deal.

I'd give far more likelihood though that if Classic does extremely well that they'll extend the leveling experience of the next expansion to 20 or even 30 levels and introduce leveled zones again to give the world a more dangerous feel for a longer time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I should have gotten a screenshot, but I'm sure other people got that survey (I got mine about half an hour ago) so hopefully somebody else that got the survey can confirm too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    It's a survey. Not a done deal, although if it happens it's not really that big a deal.

I'd give far more likelihood though that if Classic does extremely well that they'll extend the leveling experience of the next expansion to 20 or even 30 levels and introduce leveled zones again to give the world a more dangerous feel for a longer time.
    If its in a survey. atleast they think about it. Meaning if enough people are positive, it will happen. The last part tho. 20 or 30 levels. Just won't. you want us to go from 120-150 ? knowing how many new skills and talents blizzard have gone lately, then from 100 to 150. 50 levels with nothing ?

Don't think a squish would be in order.
    it would ruin allot of the leveling flows.
    + some ppl just love leveling.

instead the could give ppl a option to start at higher levels.
    like demon hunters and the new allied factions.

What id prefer is that the take the never used talents and redo em.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

i'll admit i kind of expected a level squish at some point. just like how some people are afraid of big numbers, some people are daunted by having to get 120 levels. my only question is how far will they take the squish. i feel like if they set it back to 60, levels will take forever and might turn people off anyways. i'm guessing they'll go to about 80-ish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated OP with images.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    If its in a survey. atleast they think about it. Meaning if enough people are positive, it will happen. The last part tho. 20 or 30 levels. Just won't. you want us to go from 120-150 ? knowing how many new skills and talents blizzard have gone lately, then from 100 to 150. 50 levels with nothing ?
    Level squish is something they've been discussing for the past 5 years at least. The game itself is incredibly dense at this point in time and a level squish would even out a lot of the old content.

My weird idea is just based around all the virtue extolling currently going on about Classic. With one of the biggest things being talked about is that the open world is dangerous. You can't just walk everywhere because a skull level target could be right around the corner waiting to kill you. Without adding in random +4 level enemies that are more than just bullet sponges there's not a lot Blizz can do to make the world more dangerous and interesting, but one of the easiest things they can do is just add more levels to the leveling experience of the next expansion.

Skills and talents?

They really just need to add one or two more tiers - straight up if they don't have another talent tier next expansion I'm not buying it. Beyond that they just need to add some razzle dazzle to leveling up. Easiest way is make the next expansion's maguffin gain talent points upon leveling up, so pretty much heart of azeroth or artifact weapon style except have the first part of the leveling tied to character level.

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    Don't think a squish would be in order.
    it would ruin allot of the leveling flows.
    + some ppl just love leveling.

instead the could give ppl a option to start at higher levels.
    like demon hunters and the new allied factions.

What id prefer is that the take the never used talents and redo em.
    things can be rebalanced (see prior item squishes) and just because a level squish would reduce the amount of levels wouldn't ruin the fun of leveling. these really aren't thought out reasons why a level squish is bad. also, the class design team and the world design team don't do the same things. to change useless talents would be another teams job.

Updated OP with images.
    Where's the part that the red asterisk is linking to?

This is good for business HOWEVER it cannot be slow paced and it needs to be released in a patch in THIS expansion not part of the NEXT expansion inc. prepatch.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I personally would go for a prestige system, or "elite levels." A player would hit max level and then start over at 1 with an extra symbol. This is kinda a best of both worlds scenario. Still has its problems though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    This is good for business HOWEVER it cannot be slow paced and it needs to be released in a patch in THIS expansion not part of the NEXT expansion inc. prepatch.
    there is no way something this big could happen mid expac. it's either pre-expansion patch or we're waiting another 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Look at how badly the game got broken by squishing the itemlevels in bfa. So many things broke. You think this is something they can just throw together and release in a patch ? when squishing itemlevels bugged out so many things, squishing the levels will make the game burn. Thats not something they can do in a middle of a expansion, they need to make a new one based around it, so you can play the new current content while they still run around putting out fires in the old content which is not so much played anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Where's the part that the red asterisk is linking to?
    I'm assuming the red asterisk is just a question that is mandatory to answer.

How could I be aware if they never officially announced it? The question is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    I'm assuming the red asterisk is just a question that is mandatory to answer.
    I would assume it's a thing that says it's speculation.

7+ Year Old Account
    As long as they don't fuck up the leveling, I don't really care if it happens. I enjoy making new alts and leveling them to max, but it isn't very nice if it sucks due to something like this.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone