Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Personaly I don't mind level squish. It will most like change nothing but numbers.
    Thought it will take some resources to make it done. Resources that could be used somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    If its true I bet those fuckers would keep the lvling exp grind making leveling even worse. But if they don't then it would probably be better to wait on leveling any allied races until after the squish.
    There's no real reason to expect this to be the case. As with the damage/ilvl squish, the goal is likely to be a leveling experience that's more or less the same speed. There was a dip in leveling speed after the most recent squish, but they addressed that and now it's back to being completely reasonable. Even pure dungeon grinding is perfectly serviceable once more until you get to high levels (up to WoD or so).

Given that we have scaling tech now anyway, there's little they would need to do except adjust values. That's easy to fix if they get it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level squish? No thank you. As in... Please don't. There's something satisfying leveling up(I am one of the guys who enjoyed reading about how much your stats increased every level, but now they've taken that away from us too... Please don't let it be amounts of level), and if it "feels disheartening", then make it enheartening in a different way. Perhaps better milestones? I know we have a talent-tree right now, but could it be an idea to include the old talent-system too? A path-of-titans(artifact talents)-system?

Squish

OP isn’t lying, I just did the survey too. Took screenshots:

Ugh I registered cause I was surprised by this and wanted to share but damn forum won’t let me post images until I’ve “made a few posts”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arashin View Post

Ugh I registered cause I was surprised by this and wanted to share but damn forum won’t let me post images until I’ve “made a few posts”
    Alrighty then, let's chat :P Where did you get the survey? On e-mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    So today I got a survey that Blizzard sends out once in a while about how you feel about different things. One of the questions was "Did you know there is a Level Squish coming?" and then the next question asked how I felt about that.

That's new, isn't it? I've seen discussion about whether or not they will, but I didn't know it was actually decided. Did I just miss that?

Edited in photos from reddit thread (Not my thread):
    Looks fake. The "Blizzard Entertainment" logo looks too blurry while the rest of the image seems crisp enough.

Plus I fail to see the accuracy of a survey given to only a small minority of their playerbase, and not just give it to everyone.

On top of that, I doubt Blizzard would give out future expansion features just willy-nilly like that, like the first image saying that the stat squish "will happen".

Again, this looks real fake to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Looks fake. The "Blizzard Entertainment" logo looks too blurry while the rest of the image seems crisp enough.

Plus I fail to see the accuracy of a survey given to only a small minority of their playerbase, and not just give it to everyone.

On top of that, I doubt Blizzard would give out future expansion features just willy-nilly like that, like the first image saying that the stat squish "will happen".

I dont know the OP so i cant vouch for him

But i absolutely trust the user @The Dark One and his post (first post of this page)

So i can assume is true? Unless ofcourse is someone pretending to be Blizzard...sending the mails?

15+ Year Old Account
    My doubts come rather from the UI than the logo
    I think - no battle net app opened currently - that the UI looks different in battle net desktop and website
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Cool, more regressing from Blizzard. Is anyone even surprised at this point?

I'm so tired of this idea that somehow making numbers smaller fixes core issues with the game that could easily be solved by other means. Unless you're just of the mentality that 130+ is too big of a number for your brain to handle, functionally this serves no purpose. They turned leveling into a slow mire of boredom and then their solution to fix it, instead of making classes deep and interesting again, is to just reduce levels until it seems like you're rewarded more when in truth the game is still as dull as it ever has been.

It just feels like a huge waste of time and a "can't see the forest for the trees" situation. I don't completely oppose the idea of a level squish, even though the last number squish feels like it really fucked with the game's power progression, but they've already expressed it won't be a small feat. I'd rather they focus their development time on shit that actually matters instead of big number phobia. I'm not huge on being dragged back to level 60 or whatever number they choose.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The levelling grind for most of those levels was removed years ago ... 1-90 is super fast now. You don't even have to do all the expansions (BC or LK, then Cata or MoP). I got from 60 to 80 by doing half of the LK content.
    It was increased when they claimed they did it for the lvling story experience. I haven't leveled anything recently but I know it took a shitton longer on my nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    things can be rebalanced (see prior item squishes) and just because a level squish would reduce the amount of levels wouldn't ruin the fun of leveling. these really aren't thought out reasons why a level squish is bad. also, the class design team and the world design team don't do the same things. to change useless talents would be another teams job.
    the only bad thing about a level squish is the length of time it takes to get a level. Overall, leveling will take the same time but if level squish was to go to say 120 to 60 then each level takes twice as long and I don't like that. Why does it matter? "Ugghhh, time for bed. I'll just finish this level..."

- - - Updated - - -

The first question is a dead give away that it is hackers. Blizzard has not announced a level squish but the question is posed as if it has. This points to a poorly educated native speaker or an international whose first language is not English. Russians, Chinese and North Koreans don't have English as their first language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I dont know the OP so i cant vouch for him

But i absolutely trust the user @The Dark One and his post (first post of this page)

So i can assume is true? Unless ofcourse is someone pretending to be Blizzard...sending the mails?
    I don't assume this is true.

I actually assume this is false because I honestly doubt Blizzard will simply reveal important expansion features in a simple survey like that. They'd announce such features during Blizzcon as part of the expansion pitch, not just casually toss it out there like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    The first question is a dead give away that it is hackers. Blizzard has not announced a level squish but the question is posed as if it has. This points to a poorly educated native speaker or an international whose first language is not English. Russians, Chinese and North Koreans don't have English as their first language.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by arashin View Post

Sounds like someone has had their email stolen and a hacker is trying to get your details. You didn't login to fill the survey in did you? Or maybe it is the hackers trying to make people think it is Blizzard with the old "It's real, happened to me too" except it didn't cause you're a hacker bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I don't assume this is true.

I actually assume this is false because I honestly doubt Blizzard will simply reveal important expansion features in a simple survey like that. They'd announce such features during Blizzcon as part of the expansion pitch, not just casually toss it out there like that.

- - - Updated - - -

My thoughts exactly.
    AH ok, it could be hackers, i forgot about that no way im opening that mail then, godam.

My major issue with current leveling system is that it feels very unrewarding. It takes couple of levels to get new spell (or better rank of the spells) and you get talent every 15 levels and all those "blank" levels just feel terrible. On top of that after lvl100 you won't get anything.

So if level squish will fix this I'm all for it, maybe reinvent talent tree along side with the current talent system? I understand that current talent system is a lot better for endgame but there's something about that "old" talent tree which gave leveling that special feeling of reward.

I hope it's true, this game NEEDS a level squish

I have never ever received ANY survey from blizzard other than the one you get when you unsub yet i see people talking about new surveys every expansion or so now. I've never received an email about getting into any betas either and always just have to check launcher.

Yet i get the order confirmation emails and gm ticket emails no problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't we talk about that already?
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    This is good for business HOWEVER it cannot be slow paced and it needs to be released in a patch in THIS expansion not part of the NEXT expansion inc. prepatch.
    for business maybe

but for people who enjoy leveling and alts its disaster because they will be robbed out of all the hard work they put over the years.

and for what ? so that only number of levels changed ? because blizzard wont speed up the process else they wouldbt be able to sell boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Ya it's funny, I have a few friends who got all anxious when I floated the idea past them, but after a few things like "honestly what do you get from level to level now?" or "Do you really enjoy filling that bar 119 times to hit max?" all of them have actually came around and said they actually wouldn't mind a level crunch.

- - - Updated - - -

how would it be that bad? Just make the "All old content" cap at 60 (1-30 for old wow 30-60 for all the old expansions), then just implement a system that cuts all level reqiuerments in half, and round the odd numbers up. make the new expansion add 10 levels then squish it again when the prepatch for the next launches.
    Because old Wow has much more than the expansions and just from the trouble they have with number squishes there would be a good chance of hogger one shotting a lvl 60 in the new system

How would you handle raids??
    What about new abilities?? Would you batch the abilities so say instead of learning abilities between 20-25 you get 5 at lvl 21??

Why Nerf the original ones