Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeDog View Post
    I was a smoker for about 8 years. Mostly social / drinking situations in high school and college when I had a few to many drinks and it helped enhance the mood for me. Of course the habit grew from those few weekends to a few times away from those situations to packs a week. Funny how it sneaks up on you of course.

The last 2 years I tried to quit at least a 4 or 5 times before it stuck. The gum and patches were always just a temporary solution. Cold turkey was a nightmare. What finally got me off it completely was vaping. I started out with really strong e-juice. Every couple weeks I dialed the strength down. I eventually got down to the lowest level and just stuck with it for about 2 months. It kept my hands busy and took a little bit of the edge off when I needed it still. Then I started tricking myself my pulling the labels off e-juice bottles. Some had the lowest levels and some had none. So I had no idea if I was hitting stuff with or without the goods. Eventually I just bought juice without any nicotine and kept on that for a few months just to keep the side habits of hands busy, inhaling, and other out door social events I was used to going. Over time I just got sick of dealing with it and stopped doing that and without and dependency it was a lot easier.
    A painful process to get out of it, now I try to jogging after work to ignore the existence of cigarettes.

I don't know what you're going through. I've never been a smoker, and I'm sure there are folks here who are better equipped... but if you need someone to talk to, send me a message. I check MMOC most days even if I don't post. I'll cover your back if you need it.

Best of luck friend.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

I started vaping instead. Works very well. You get your nicotine smoke without most of the hazards. Oh and it's way cheaper.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    I don't know what you're going through. I've never been a smoker, and I'm sure there are folks here who are better equipped... but if you need someone to talk to, send me a message. I check MMOC most days even if I don't post. I'll cover your back if you need it.

Best of luck friend.
    Thanks, mate, I'll try to find ways out.

5+ Year Old Account
    Who's this ominous leader?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Hmmmm, I might not know, the tobacco company?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Oh, I misunderstood your meaning, it's my leader in-direct,I must make her happy, or my job will be at risk

15+ Year Old Account
    I quit 4 years ago, smoked for 15.

Just do it, you will not regret it.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I don't understand how you start smoking. I tried a cigarette once in my late teens, it was horrible. Took one tiny inhale and threw it away and washed my mouth out.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I don't understand how you start smoking. I tried a cigarette once in my late teens, it was horrible. Took one tiny inhale and threw it away and washed my mouth out.
    I start smoking mainly for better social relations, and in the early stage, it really worked well, bringing my first steady job for 3.5yrs and a small group of good friends, who will really help you when you needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I quit 4 years ago, smoked for 15.

Just do it, you will not regret it.
    Yep, I'll try to achieve it, although it is hard for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Smoking, eating, getting high, hell even coffee can be a vice and anything in time will have some effect because everyone is mortal. My only problem with smoking is second hand smoke.

If someone knows the risks and wants to risk themselves with the sound mind to do so. Well then that is on them.
    Secondhand smoke huh? Just how dangerous is this secondhand smoke in reality? I guess this is a discussion for another thread, but I do recommend you take a few minutes to read some of Michael J. McFadden's work. Just do a quick google search and find some enlightenment. He's already done a lot of the digging around the "scientific" studies put forth by the anti-smoking crusade and found their "science" extremely wanting.

As far as to answer this question, I recommend rolling your own smokes if you can't seem to stop yourself, at least you will save money that way. People will always do what they want to do, you smoke because you want to keep smoking. If you didn't want to keep smoking than you would throw down the cigarettes and stop this very instant. There might be all sorts of reasons you can think of to keep smoking, but until you make that choice naturally and honestly with yourself, you will find it rather hard to quit smoking. If you can't stop smoking because it makes your leader happy to see you smoke, you are still making the choice to make your leader happy by smoking. In the end, what you do with your own life is your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try hypnotism :-) No really, it can do wonders....

If its not anything that's available for you, then try to gradually reduce it. Make 20 cigarettes a day into 19. then 18... 17... You can do this :-) Does it get too hard at one point? Try to changing to lighter cigarettes and go up MAXIMUM 3 cigarettes a day.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlesocks View Post
    Secondhand smoke huh? Just how dangerous is this secondhand smoke in reality? I guess this is a discussion for another thread, but I do recommend you take a few minutes to read some of Michael J. McFadden's work. Just do a quick google search and find some enlightenment. He's already done a lot of the digging around the "scientific" studies put forth by the anti-smoking crusade and found their "science" extremely wanting.

As far as to answer this question, I recommend rolling your own smokes if you can't seem to stop yourself, at least you will save money that way. People will always do what they want to do, you smoke because you want to keep smoking. If you didn't want to keep smoking than you would throw down the cigarettes and stop this very instant. There might be all sorts of reasons you can think of to keep smoking, but until you make that choice naturally and honestly with yourself, you will find it rather hard to quit smoking. If you can't stop smoking because it makes your leader happy to see you smoke, you are still making the choice to make your leader happy by smoking. In the end, what you do with your own life is your choice.
    All right~

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    Try hypnotism :-) No really, it can do wonders....

If its not anything that's available for you, then try to gradually reduce it. Make 20 cigarettes a day into 19. then 18... 17... You can do this :-) Does it get too hard at one point? Try to changing to lighter cigarettes and go up MAXIMUM 3 cigarettes a day.
    Yep, I'll try to make it. Now around 2 days/a pack of 20.

Just vape tbh. I started 3 1/2 weeks ago and never bought or touched a cigarette since. Sometimes I want to smoke one but at this point in my life I'm just to cheap to buy new cigarettes. That shit is really expensive. I went from 23 cigarettes a day to 20ml of liquid (3mg/ml of nicotine) a week. Which is about 8 euros a week compared to 8 euros a day for cigarettes.

My motivation was money but health also works for vaping. Go for it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiyano View Post
    Just vape tbh. I started 3 1/2 weeks ago and never bought or touched a cigarette since. Sometimes I want to smoke one but at this point in my life I'm just to cheap to buy new cigarettes. That shit is really expensive. I went from 23 cigarettes a day to 20ml of liquid (3mg/ml of nicotine) a week. Which is about 8 euros a week compared to 8 euros a day for cigarettes.

My motivation was money but health also works for vaping. Go for it.
    Thanks for your advice~I'll do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've smoked for 22 years now. I used to smoke 1 pack a day when I first started smoking but after about 4-5 years I was down to 1/2 a pack. I have tried multiple times to quit. I've tried the gum, patches, lozenges, inhaler (before e-cigs were a thing), vaping, Chantix the quit smoking drug, and cold turkey. Gum made me throw up every time I used it. Patches never satisfied my cravings EVER. Lozenges were almost as bad as the gum but left a horrible after taste in my mouth too. Inhaler made my lungs hurt (odd because I've also smoked cloves on occasion which are harsh on your lungs & my cig of choice is a menthol). Vaping gave me the nicotine but didn't do shit for me because when I was done with the vaping I'd want to light up a cigarette because it didn't feel like I had even smoked. Chantix helped at first but then I started having the very vivid dreams that either wake you up at night or prevent you from getting a restful night's sleep which is a common side effect of the drug. With cold turkey I was extremely irritated & irritable at everyone and felt like I was going to rip people's heads off. My boyfriend who wanted me to quit & has brought up when I'm going to quit smoking actually told me to START BACK after I had been cold turkey for 2 weeks because it was causing a strain in our relationship because of how I was feeling & reacting to everyone.

The way I see it, I'm going to eventually die of something. Everyone does. I don't smoke around other people unless they are smokers too. I am respectful of non-smokers. I don't smoke in my house. I will smoke in MY car with the windows rolled down but not anyone else's car unless they too are a smoker. I never smoke with someone in the car that is a non-smoker. I don't have any smoking-related health problems. If I get lung cancer then I'll deal with that when/if it arises. I don't smoke that much compared to some people. A lot of smokers smoke a pack a day (20 cigarettes). I smoke around 10-12 per day. If its my time to go, so be it. I'm going to enjoy something that makes me feel better in the mean time.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I've smoked for 22 years now. I used to smoke 1 pack a day when I first started smoking but after about 4-5 years I was down to 1/2 a pack. I have tried multiple times to quit. I've tried the gum, patches, lozenges, inhaler (before e-cigs were a thing), vaping, Chantix the quit smoking drug, and cold turkey. Gum made me throw up every time I used it. Patches never satisfied my cravings EVER. Lozenges were almost as bad as the gum but left a horrible after taste in my mouth too. Inhaler made my lungs hurt (odd because I've also smoked cloves on occasion which are harsh on your lungs & my cig of choice is a menthol). Vaping gave me the nicotine but didn't do shit for me because when I was done with the vaping I'd want to light up a cigarette because it didn't feel like I had even smoked. Chantix helped at first but then I started having the very vivid dreams that either wake you up at night or prevent you from getting a restful night's sleep which is a common side effect of the drug. With cold turkey I was extremely irritated & irritable at everyone and felt like I was going to rip people's heads off. My boyfriend who wanted me to quit & has brought up when I'm going to quit smoking actually told me to START BACK after I had been cold turkey for 2 weeks because it was causing a strain in our relationship because of how I was feeling & reacting to everyone.

The way I see it, I'm going to eventually die of something. Everyone does. I don't smoke around other people unless they are smokers too. I am respectful of non-smokers. I don't smoke in my house. I will smoke in MY car with the windows rolled down but not anyone else's car unless they too are a smoker. I never smoke with someone in the car that is a non-smoker. I don't have any smoking-related health problems. If I get lung cancer then I'll deal with that when/if it arises. I don't smoke that much compared to some people. A lot of smokers smoke a pack a day (20 cigarettes). I smoke around 10-12 per day. If its my time to go, so be it. I'm going to enjoy something that makes me feel better in the mean time.
    hmmm, I got similar smoke volume as you, sometimes feel uncomfortable on throat, at the time I stopped for a day and things will be better. Same as you, I won't smoke in public without smokers around/ not in the open air with no one around.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Vaping gave me the nicotine but didn't do shit for me because when I was done with the vaping I'd want to light up a cigarette because it didn't feel like I had even smoked
    I never had this feeling and I smoked a lot more cigarettes than you. Maybe it's an issue with the amount of nicotine in your liquid or just some psychological thing. The nicotine is there, it is just a difference in taste.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilTrigger1989 View Post
    I'm a smoker of 10 years. Once quit the smoking twice for average period of 3 months. However, back to tobacco again with various reasons.

Summarized the reasons, I found 2 kinds of occasion which make me back to tobacco:1):Having chat with leader who is smoker. 2): Bad moon push one back to tobacco.

How's your experience on this issue?
    It's hard to quit but the only way is that you really want to quit and you need to really want it, otherwise all will be for nothing.
    I smoke for over 18 years and had a year break. But that time i did want to spot smoking so i quit for a year.
    In my opinion you need to have that mindset that you trullly want and have to stop it.
    Good luck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlesocks View Post

If you understood pyrolysis at all, you would know any smoke, whether first-hand or second-hand, is extremely dangerous. Even in marijuana smoke there are carcinogenic compounds created by the intense heat. This is why vaporizing specific drugs is safer than burning them.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Your current "leader"? Wtf are you talking about?
    Yes, I am an employee, and generally got a leader in direct.