Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Looks like the sort of place where you can't get back to your corpse if you drown. Guaranteed resurrection sickness!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I LOVE to swim, but thats going to be a "no" from me dawg.
    Lol, my thoughts precisely. When swimming, I don't want to be in an environment where when the first thing that goes wrong means I die.

Anyone taking book on how long before the 1st death, I put a Fiver on the first Friday night after opening it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Funny, cuz my first thought was "I'd hate to be that poolboy".

Seriously, I'm not a big fan of infinity pools to begin with, but a pool without a deck is even stupider, imo. Just because you can make a car with square wheels doesn't mean that you should.
    lol, Mythbusters did make Square wheels for a truck once... once you get to a certain speed it did smooth out... until you shear all the Lugs off and the wheel falls off. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    would be such a shame if a hailstorm were to hit it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Looks cool. Not sure who would ever want to swim in it though.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    "a spiral staircase that rotates and rises through the water provides access for swimmers." What does this even mean? I still don't get how you enter the pool.

It doesn't mean that you shouldn't either and as such, here we are.
    Sure it does, if it seems illogical and unnecessary, but to each their own.

I think if they made the central staircase permanently extended (so like a column in the middle) and put drains around the edges of the pool, it could solve a lot of the concerns people have.

Keep in mind this is not going to be accessible to plebs anyway, so cleanliness shouldn't be a huge problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I think if they made the central staircase permanently extended (so like a column in the middle) and put drains around the edges of the pool, it could solve a lot of the concerns people have.

Keep in mind this is not going to be accessible to plebs anyway, so cleanliness shouldn't be a huge problem.
    A pleb has to clean it somehow- probably by getting in. Oh wont someone think of the millionaires?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I can tell you haven't been around rich people if you think they are somehow cleaner than other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I can tell you haven't been around rich people if you think they are somehow cleaner than other people.
    at least it won't have draenei stinking up the pool.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    The absolutely worst idea I've ever heard in my goddamned life, but you're the men so . . . .

Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I unironically hope that anyone who buys this building or uses this pool dies after being stabbed by a homeless veteran.
    wow so angry about a simple pool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I unironically hope that anyone who buys this building or uses this pool dies after being stabbed by a homeless veteran.
    Seems extreme, you must be mad because the Bruins just shit the bed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    https://edition.cnn.com/style/articl...cli/index.html

I guess they want to do a submarine type thing, where they open and close a hatch at the bottom of the pool, to enter.
    I like to believe that they just never thought of that when designing it..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I like to believe that they just never thought of that when designing it..
    It's a concept, there is no way they would build a pool like that without guard rails, for example. It will look nothing like that when/if it is built.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    It's a concept, there is no way they would build a pool like that without guard rails, for example. It will look nothing like that when/if it is built.
    I know but I like to think about people being dumb enough.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    "a spiral staircase that rotates and rises through the water provides access for swimmers." What does this even mean? I still don't get how you enter the pool.
    They have watched Harry Potter one too many times apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Looks like a death trap.
    Kinda like "The Sims" swinpool traps.

Another thing is due to how scary it is the pool will be constantly filled with piss and shit lol.
    Last edited by Nefastus; 2019-06-13 at 03:37 PM.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I read it on Yahoo news the other day at work and thought it was both funny and stupid. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. It's just a PR nightmare waiting to happen when/if people fall to their deaths.
    It appears that a lot of people are unaware that infinity pools located high enough above ground to kill from a fall have been pretty popular for quite a long time. This isn't new. The only unique part about this pool is that it covers the entirety of the roof with no deck on any side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    They have watched Harry Potter one too many times apparently.
    It just means that a hollow tube with a spiral stairway can rise through and above the water for people to go in and out, like a hatch. My question is how they manage to do that without the water levels changing, considering the water level in this type of pool needs to stay constant.
    Last edited by Squeezus; 2019-06-13 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    One break anywhere and you would just wash out over the edge.
    Yes, because we all know they will use thin glass... And not a few mether thick plexiglass

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Looks sketchy, but I kinda wanna pee in it.
    Weird flex, but ok.