Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Don't you start as a new character in every game? So you aren't really catching them all ,you(the new character), are just an asshole stealing someone else's Pokemon by transferring them.

Only way you will ever truly be able to catch them all is if they make an mmo with every continent/island.
    I've been wanting that since Gen 3, damnit. Make it happen Nintendo!

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    There's still random encounters.
    Not from what I've seen and read. Even in tall grass where the pokemon's model doesn't show up, there's an exclamation point that will let you dodge the fight if you want.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    That thing is taller than a dragonite (2.2m); i very much doubt this is our base bird from the beginning of the game.

There is a reason why the 1st route/s are usually swarmed with normals. That way they kind of ensure nobody gets stuck on route 1...
    Just imagine getting trough route 1 of kanto if it was swarmed with steel pokemon, who usually come with higher defense, while your pokes only got scratch/tackle...
    I mean, there IS a starter Pokemon that is a fire type, in literally every game.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    Not from what I've seen and read. Even in tall grass where the pokemon's model doesn't show up, there's an exclamation point that will let you dodge the fight if you want.
    Sun and Moon had something similar though as well as it's random encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    quick i have an appointment for this game tomorrow and i have never played any pokeman game ever help what do i need to know

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    quick i have an appointment for this game tomorrow and i have never played any pokeman game ever help what do i need to know
    misread, rewriting

- - - Updated - - -

Pokemon is best summed up as feeling like you're on vacation with your magical pets.

Pokemon is set in an utopia. The world is divided into regions. You play as teenagers (ranging from 10 to 16 years old) who set out from their home on their birthday on a ritualistic journey as Pokemon Trainers. Pokemon Trainers are given one of three starter Pokemon of their choosing from the region's resident Pokemon Professor. You can then use that Pokemon to battle other Pokemon and catch additional Pokemon, which become stronger through battle. The objective of your journey is to travel around the region and collect Eight Gym Badges, earned by defeating Gym Leaders in their Gyms. Once you have the Eight Gym Badges, you then proceed to the Pokemon League, where you pass a gauntlet against the strongest trainers in the game, culminating in a battle against the regional Champion. When you defeat the Champion, you become the next Champion of that region and the game ends. You get caught up in shenanigans along the way, usually fighting a recurring group of hostile Pokemon Trainers called a "Team", who want to use the power of a powerful Pokemon only now spoken of in legends to advance their agenda.

If you want to play, I would recommend that you either play Ruby/Sapphire or Heart Gold/Soul Silver, as they are the most well designed and the most feature complete. HG/SS is considered to be the best in the series.

If you want a story, Black & White is your go to. It doesn't have the stellar design of R/S and HG/SS but it's still a very good game, the sequel too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fake being ill.....

- - - Updated - - -

Well, they could just add 2 regions where you can go after you defeated the champion. There they could add the pokemon from the older gens, since apparently you cant transfer all your mons to shield and sword. Kinda pointless to have the catch phrase "Gotta catchem all! Pokemon!!" if you cant catch them all. It would be fine if you could transfer your mon, but they dont do that.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Well, they could just add 2 regions where you can go after you defeated the champion.
    That implies GameFreak is capable of actual effort.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    That implies GameFreak is capable of actual effort.
    Hey hey hey, take it easy mang. Drawing different types of Sheep inbetween office yahtzee isnt as easy as it looks
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

I was interested in this game since it seemed to be a normal pokemon game. However the super restictive pokedex is a major turn off. Looks like I'll be skipping this one like the last one. Thanks for saving me money gamefreak.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Might be cool to hate on this game on a forum but 90% of users with a switch is still gonna buy this game.

Because it still beats another mario go kart/fighting/puzzle game/late port majorly downgraded like witcher 3 for example.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Even if there isn't a national pokedex, according to this Famitsu interview with Masuda, there will still be 1,000 pokemon in the game including variations.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwi...3%A9mon_sword/
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

"alternative forms" inb4 shiny and dynamax are considered alternative forms

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Even if there isn't a national pokedex, according to this Famitsu interview with Masuda, there will still be 1,000 pokemon in the game including variations.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwi...3%A9mon_sword/
    Its misstranslation. There are gona be less.

People acting like the game can't be patched of any changes.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    People acting like the game can't be patched of any changes.
    Pokemon games never get patched. Only if there is some bugged ability that can cause game to crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Pokemon games never get patched. Only if there is some bugged ability that can cause game to crash.
    They're acting like it can't be patched, though. That's what I'm saying.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

At least the interview on Famitsu stated "no decision" on patching unavailable pokemon in. It makes sense to do it via raids, which would help for the long-term playability of the games.

That would mean they need to cut down on the yearly releases though, but they are going to HAVE to have "dlc" in some fashion or another with raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Know what I wanna see? A flying type bird at the beginning of a game that isn't also Normal.
    might have to play a randomizer and hope for a Lugia at the beginning of the game lol, that'll sort those fighting types out for you.

What I really hate about Pokemon games now a days is that every game you start in a new region with a new character and a new story. I wish they would have a continuation or even a good story. I loved red mystery dungeon, one of my fave games to this day just because of the story and playing as a pokemon