Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Find a way to connect your databases with Wowhead, there's no reason why you can't be friends.

Also, bring Chaud back.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Man if you can't grasp how idiotic and infantile your "solution" is then no amount of arguing will get the point across. I give up, you win. Do your little victory dance.
    The irony in your posts.

./dance

As others have said, a dark mode for the site would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicFind View Post
    An Update on the Future of MMO-Champion

If you have any suggestions or issues you’ve identified on the website, now is definitely a great time to let us know about them!
    Quite honestly.. fire almost all of the moderating staff. most are just self serving egoists who push their own agenda onto proceedings. this is especially prevalent in the OT sections.. also get a mod who knows how to move political posts into the political section so we can avoid that crap if we want to!
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Does it spill over? I haven't seen that happen personally so I am curious.
    The amount of times I've seen someone randomly start talking about Racism or Sexism or something to do with Trump in some random game thread is staggering. Sometimes the Threads devolve into such Off-topic trash you end up forgetting it's even a Thread about something trivial and irrelevant to those topics before a Mod comes in and shuts it down or threatens bans.

ALL the time mate. there is several on the first page already. sometimes they try and conceal it.. but its blatantly political in nature.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Just kill all the politics posts. They make the site look bad, like it’s a refuge for every racist internet boy.

Yeah, one guy recently told me that it's Putin's fault that Nintendo sells their games for 80USD in Russia.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Getting rid of the Old moderators would go a long way. Getting rid of the politic OT would go even further. Too many mods have agendas and bias. Rules are not enforced evenly. I have seen posters get banned for being racist, while others go on antisemitic rants that last for pages. A poster will get banned for telling someone to shut up, while another goes on a tangent that includes violent threats and nothing happens. Then you have Mods who tolerate nation bashing, Posts bashing the USA, but if you dare say anything negative about the EU, Banned. Same with religion. Its ok to Bash Christians, but say one word about the religion that shal not be named, Boom, you are banned . So just get rid of GEn OT and stick to Video games, pop culture and entertainment/hobbies
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2019-06-13 at 12:07 PM.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

If you start posting about other games(like some people are requesting you do), please make it OPTIONAL. If I have to read about other games on the front page that I have no interest in, I'll stop using MMO-C as a news site and only use Wowhead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Also, bring Chaud back.
    He's not going anywhere.

It does.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I'd like to see MagicFinds official webpage. Who is the owner, who is in charge of what, where does the money come from?

But it appears the new owners want to keep their true identities in the dark. That seems very ominous to me. Not very trustworthy. What's your agenda?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I'd like to see MagicFinds official webpage. Who is the owner, who is in charge of what, where does the money come from? But it appears the new owners want to keep their true identities in the dark. That seems very ominous to me. Not very trustworthy. What's your agenda?
    So did you know every bit of information about Curse? About Twitch/Amazon? About Fandom?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    ALL the time mate. there is several on the first page already. sometimes they try and conceal it.. but its blatantly political in nature.
    it's not just that, it's that even if someone like that posts about the game, the attitude tends to seep through because it's the same person. End of the day, there's no reason to have a politics or off topic forum here. People can go to reddit etc if they want that. Focus tends to equal success.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So did you know every bit of information about Curse? About Twitch/Amazon? About Fandom?
    No, and thats a bad thing.

Cant even find anything by googling magic find family.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Do NOT get rid of the general off-topic section, it's a significant part of the site. It contains almost twice as many posts as the WoW class forums, almost three times as many as the video games section, and almost as many as WoW general discussion. Bottom line = people like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some thoughts in no particular order:

• A genuine dark toggle would be nice.
    • Please keep the focus on WoW. That's what I come to this website for.
    • I miss the days when MMO-C offered comprehensive data-mining news more often. Anymore it's mainly number changes, which I don't have anything against... but it holds very little interest for me. It seems things like NPC dialogue (when a build includes it) has been ceded to the unsightly and bloated Wowhead.
    • Anything on the WoWDB front? It's much more of a community problem in terms of usage, but being developmentally dead in the water sure doesn't help. (Or should I abandon all hope on this.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Find a way to connect your databases with Wowhead, there's no reason why you can't be friends.

Also, bring Chaud back.
    MMO-C tried to during the early years of this decade, but ZAM rebuffed them. I have little reason to believe that ZAM/Fanbyte's attitude has changed since on the matter.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    No, and thats a bad thing.Cant even find anything by googling magic find family.
    Why is it a bad thing though? You use plenty of things with out knowing much of anything about it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    Quite honestly.. fire almost all of the moderating staff. most are just self serving egoists who push their own agenda onto proceedings. this is especially prevalent in the OT sections.. also get a mod who knows how to move political posts into the political section so we can avoid that crap if we want to!
    Just use your filters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buying and selling forums must be as big a stock trading.