Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The hard option would have reward bonuses, just like War Mode does.
    Game is alredy overflowed by bonus rewards, boots and all that crap. And we have saw many times that artificial bonuses like +5% to exp for doing harder content are not appealing. It is same thing when would you try give players rewards as bonus for grouping during quests in hope it will create community feel. it will never work becouse doing easy mod solo is just way too covinient.

The leveling rewards would probably be bonus XP to make up for the extra time spent in combat and then perhaps bonus gold/rep. At max level I'd suggest that Heroic mode offers higher ilvl rewards for world quests than non-heroic.
    As for people being resentful, WoW is full of optional difficulty settings. People are resentful that Mythic raiding drops better rewards than Normal, doesn't mean that rewarding challenge is bad. Give better gear to the people who do content where better gear actually matters.
    So you would make hard mode levelling faster then?
    Sounds like this argument is going in circles, levelling will never be as difficult as Vanilla unless the classes are reverted to be closer to what they were, if you make levelling in hard mode take just as long as easy mode, then everyone will probably choose hard mode, as it will be percieved as faster.
    And even with that, one of the 2 will be theorycrafted to be fastest, meaning we end up with only 1 of the being run.

You realize challenge is not for everyone right? You could make the world actually punishing with such an option, were you need to crowd control, interrupt and do decent damage or otherwise you spend more time on corpse runs. Not everyone is up for it.
    It isn ot really about challenge. It is about what is most efficient. Very few people level because they enjoy it. For the few that do, making things more difficult is a boon, sure. But for the rest, they will mostly just think about what is most efficient. And suddenly we are back to square one.
    Because you could make it more difficult, but if you add rewards, then you either make it dead or the only viable solution.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It hasn't. Classic has basically 0 content devs, they all work on live.

And you don't remember it because it never really did.
    So a game with no content dev is doing better on beta than another game? Holy smoke

War Mode is no where an hard mode.

Also it is even flawed by design the cause Blizzard had to listen to a minority crying and ruin it for both

You can't add a switch like in Diablo3 it isn't a singlet player game.

You have to make it like it was in Vanilla-TBC, some content is harder and reward better and other is easier and with normal reward.

People choose what to do, but you cannot then hard catch-up like LFR and TF or M+ Pinata Loot.

Because you create a Top Level ultra hard and Bottom Level ultra easy of the same stuff and people in the middle getting bored trying to find something worth
    Last edited by Porcodio; 2019-06-13 at 11:10 AM.

Then you'd just get people complaining about "having to" play on hard.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Then you'd just get people complaining about "having to" play on hard.
    In the end, people will complain, more or less, so blizzard is fucked in retail no matter what they do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    No people are interest in classic becouse as mmorpg it is far superior game. People just know Blizzard wont change live fot be more like classic. Actualy you can definitly expect moder wow become even more about instant gratification, ingame shop and quitck in quitck out playstyle becouse for those what will want actual slower mmorpg there is classic. I would also rather play live than classic but live is just sooooo boring.
    It isn't a superior game, not even close. We've moved on for a very good reason and your arguments are no more new or even constructive then a typical wow forum shitposter. At least with one poster here who went into detail about what to do, I can respect.

Instant gratification.... ingame shop(Dear god it has not nearly as much influence on Blizz's game design as people think). Old arguments I've seen not even related to WoW.

So a game with no content dev is doing better on beta than another game? Holy smoke

It isn't, it's popular because of memories much like any old game.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-06-13 at 05:34 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    And just like with LFR and other easy mods. Players will pick easyest way to do content no matter if it is fun or not becouse you know path of least resistance. Efficienty will always beat fun.
    And that's why (repeated) levelling needs to be its own reward.
    It doesn't become more "fun" if you add specific rewards, that many will see as more of less mandatory to acquire at some point.

Make questing fun, then you don't need to throw rewards at players to get them to do it.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post

Who exactly are you to tell people why they like something.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    It quite literally has.
    It quite literally hasn't. There's been a lack of news, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Memories from people that never played it?

Denial is the hardest step to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Who exactly are you to tell people why they like something.
    Somebody who is RP on a forum with Name and Surname I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    And that's why (repeated) levelling needs to be its own reward.
    It doesn't become more "fun" if you add specific rewards, that many will see as more of less mandatory to acquire at some point.

Make questing fun, then you don't need to throw rewards at players to get them to do it.
    To me the leveling becomes more fun in WoD. You have modern quest mechanics where you can earn XP from bonus objectives, treasures, rares, the questing is efficient and interesting and tries to vary itself to not be all about killing X and collecting Y.

Can't help but laugh at the crowd pretending it's all about "difficulty" though. Even on a tank leveling character in BfA, you'll die from not pulling carefully.. When doing Incursions, you'll die like a fly to the elite mobs if you don't have some serious self-healing. In Argus back in Legion, there were areas that remained dangerous and mobs that remained much easier to kill in a group even as we geared.

It's not difficulty though, it's tuning. Pulling 2 mobs at most each pack and making sure to have a group for elite mobs is not mechanical difficulty. But yeah, we've had plenty of world content that kills players. And that content, kills players of today, not players of 2004. Players of today encounter world mobs with more mechanics than entire raid bosses back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    In the end, people will complain, more or less, so blizzard is fucked in retail no matter what they do
    Just you wait, they'll be fucked with Classic too in a matter of months beyond its release. The WoW fanbase is only slightly less toxic than the Star Wars fan club.

I would really love to see a video of a tank in BfA diying while levelling for having pulled too much.

Until then..

" below average player dies while not pressing spell " for 50$ Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Porcodio View Post
    I would really love to see a video of a tank in BfA diying while levelling for having pulled too much.

Until then..

" below average player dies while not pressing spell " for 50$ Alex
    The vast vast majority of players are below average, FYI.
    True now, even more true back in Classic. If they die due to lack of skill now, you can bet your ass they died because of a lack of skill back then.

Meanwhile, people with even an inkling of what to do in Classic leveling, afk talk to viewers whilst auto-attacking mobs down. Wow, such skill!

Now back to something more interesting than 15 year old content which belongs in its own forum anyway:
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ __________

Level Squish for Future Expansions - Blizzard Survey

https://www.wowhead.com/news=292286/...lizzard-survey

This'll probably show up on the front page, but interesting nonetheless.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-06-13 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    The vast vast majority of players are below average, FYI.
    True now, even more true back in Classic. If they die due to lack of skill now, you can bet your ass they died because of a lack of skill back then.

Meanwhile, people with even an inkling of what to do in Classic leveling, afk talk to viewers whilst auto-attacking mobs down. Wow, such skill!

Now back to something more interesting than 15 year old content which belongs in its own forum anyway:
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ __________

Level Squish for Future Expansions - Blizzard Survey

https://www.wowhead.com/news=292286/...lizzard-survey

This'll probably show up on the front page, but interesting nonetheless.
    I just had to butt in here, because my pedantic side has to object here. It is impossible for a majority to be below average. And i feel it necesary that everyone knows that.

- - - Updated - - -

Other than that, yes. Vanilla levelling is not really "difficult" it is tedious, going fast takes skill. Which is an important distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I just had to butt in here, because my pedantic side has to object here. It is impossible for a majority to be below average. And i feel it necesary that everyone knows that.
    You right, you right.
    The vast majority are bad players then, either way there's a reason why only a small percentage ever manages to tackle content of actual difficulty whilst the rest becomes convinced that content from 15 years ago was more difficult than Mythic raiding of today.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    This seems to be false because leveling from 116 to 120 was dangerous and you could not pull a lot of mobs or you would die and more than one time you had to use CD's.

Guess what? people complained a LOT (yes it was because they felt less powerful leveling to 120) but for me it was something new, having to use CD's because I pulled more mobs than needed or I would die.
    Just wondering what class were you playing? 116-120 for me was no different then earlier levels Mabye even a bit faster where I could pull 5-7 mobs and aoe them down as a survival hunter without using things like misdirect.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Just wondering what class were you playing? 116-120 for me was no different then earlier levels Mabye even a bit faster where I could pull 5-7 mobs and aoe them down as a survival hunter without using things like misdirect.
    Happened to me with every class I rushed (monk dps, paladin dps, fury, elemental chaman), except hunter. The thing was, for me it was easier pre 166 than after, but I don't whine about it, instead I like it a lot, that I had to be careful and I used my CD's more often than not while leveling.