Blizzard won't add private server "bugs"

I find it sad Blizzard won't add things that are "bugs" in private servers. For example wand speed is increased by quivers in a lot of private servers but it was not a thing in vanilla. Many are used to these "bugs" and getting rid of these is a slap to the face.

As private servers are de facto the correct version of vanilla nowadays because thats what people are used now, I think Blizzard should bring some of these features to the Classic version of WoW.

But you still have the option to continue playing them, no?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    I find it sad Blizzard won't add things that are "bugs" in private servers. For example wand speed is increased by quivers in a lot of private servers but it was not a thing in vanilla. Many are used to these "bugs" and getting rid of these is a slap to the face.

As private servers are de facto the correct version of vanilla nowadays because thats what people are used now, I think Blizzard should bring some of these features to the Classic version of WoW.
    private servers are not vanilla
    fuck off mate, we dont want classic to have the bugs private servers had, because those wernt vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Private servers are not VANILLA WoW. VANILLA WoW is the base game that came out so many years ago not a fake free version filled with bugs. This thread is stupid on so many levels my eyes are bleeding

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    3 posts above , all got baited into this very obvious troll post

15+ Year Old Account

The defacto correct version of vanilla is the official version 1.12 build that Blizzard is remastering.

Expecting them to create new bugs which didn't even exist in the original game because some un-official servers which can't emulate correctly is fucking stupid.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

What kind of rationale does it require to actually convince yourself that Blizzard should copy rip-off, private servers to cater to the players who are "used to it"?

This is wrong on so many levels it's hard to even think this post is serious.

Saddest attempt of a shit post i've seen recently.

Worth the effort, i guess?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not as sad, as the amount of people who got baited by it

Quote Originally Posted by HoodKazekage View Post
    Private servers are not VANILLA WoW. VANILLA WoW is the base game that came out so many years ago not a fake free version filled with bugs. This thread is stupid on so many levels my eyes are bleeding
    It's not vanilla, but people are used to these small things.

If you don't like it, don't play Classic. There's still private servers around, so use them.

maybe they should add the cash shop that many private servers have too. just cause people are used to it. i'm sure bobby kotick will agree.

7+ Year Old Account
    people playing illegally are, and that is not vanilla wow.

should they also add a cash shop? item dupes? corrupt gms? a random wipe of all charecters every 3-18 months without warning cause "servers got shut down randomly, so we need to replicate that"?

no?
    then fuck off mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    a random wipe of all charecters every 3-18 months?
    wouldn't be surprised at all if they did seasons or something.

Classic is a paid service so the lack of suort on rivate servers is not acceptable.

As private servers are de facto the correct version of vanilla nowadays

Wait, what??

10+ Year Old Account
    Private servers are still the illegal version of WoW. As such threads discussing them are still against site rules.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."