Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What is that honestly suppose to fix?

You realize how many different sizes and shapes the pokemon come in?

You can't just "code" the clouds in that case, because half of them would be clipping through models, or just janky.
    Just put the clouds above the Pokemon's model. It ain't that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I want to know his sources. Because people can say any old bullshit and some dumbasses will believe them.
    https://twitter.com/Slowflake1601/st...99552207163394

He literally has none, and has no idea what he's even talking about.

Literally right after that tweet, this is conveniently left out for max internet outrage again due to someone talking about something they don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Ah yes, just throw it above a Pichu's head, and watch it clip through the body of a Gyarados because they have completely different body shapes. What could go wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd be surprised the janky shit that goes into AAA games. This one is not that bad considering.

Ah yes, just throw it above a Pichu's head, and watch it clip through the body of a Gyarados because they have completely different body shapes. What could go wrong.
    Fucking hell. You think every single WoW PC character armor combination exists as a separate model in the game files? Of course it doesn't.

The model's skeleton has a center point. Tie the clouds location to that in XYZ -axis. Adjust per Pokemon (it is a numeric value!). Save it in a database.

You don't need to make four different, nearly identical models for every fucking pokemon to achieve that. You need one model per Pokemon form, and one particle effect for the clouds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Majora's Mask would like a word with u.
    Majaro's Map is completely different than OoT.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Glad people judge before we see the full scope of this sequel.
    I am fine with using that map so I am not judging at all. Proof
    "One of the reasons we wanted to create a continuation was because I wanted to revisit that Hyrule again and use that world again, while incorporating new gameplay and new story,"

https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-2019...for-the-sequel

Fucking hell. You think every single WoW PC character armor combination exists as a separate model in the game files? Of course it doesn't.

The model's skeleton has a center point. Tie the clouds location to that in XYZ -axis. Adjust per Pokemon (it is a numeric value!). Save it in a database.

You don't need to make four different, nearly identical models for every fucking pokemon to achieve that. You need one model per Pokemon form, and one particle effect for the clouds.
    Says who?

You? Again, the person you posted literally admitted to talking about something they have no idea about, it's just a "Well I heard...", so it's not even applicable to this.

And no, you can't compare it to WoW because there's a reason armor doesn't work outside of playable races. That's why Nightborne were screwed over, because playable race models are different.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post

I am fine with using that map so I am not judging at all. Proof
    "One of the reasons we wanted to create a continuation was because I wanted to revisit that Hyrule again and use that world again, while incorporating new gameplay and new story,"

https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-2019...for-the-sequel
    Majora's Mask used a metric tonne of OoT art assets which clearly enabled them to make the game so much quicker then a traditional zelda sequel.

Game Freak is by no teams technical wizards or anything but some of this Pokemon fandom is being absurd to them. Reading some comments about them you get the impression these fans would see game freak devs locked in their offices until they finish the game they want. Tough shit, you're getting the game they made and it's still gonna push 15 million units.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Literally just an alternate reality of the same world. Literally everything was re-used. They just re-organized it in clever ways. There where very few original models or assets used in MM which is why they where able to turn around a sequel in 2 years.

Says who?

You? Again, the person you posted literally admitted to talking about something they have no idea about, it's just a "Well I heard...", so it's not even applicable to this.

And no, you can't compare it to WoW because there's a reason armor doesn't work outside of playable races. That's why Nightborne were screwed over, because playable race models are different.
    Okay, fucking here:

Each model has ground reference point, (0,0,0), seen here between Pichu's legs and way below Gyarados with the Red, green and blue axises. That is the reference point you can use when you plonk the clouds way above the model. Just use proper numbers when setting their location.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2019-06-13 at 07:18 PM. Reason: added word "reference" before "point"

I have never seen someone get pwnt so hard on these forums before, good job @Lahis.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndion View Post
    I have never seen someone get pwnt so hard on these forums before, good job @Lahis.
    Except there's no proof that those are the assets from the game?

Thanks for proving my point I guess though that people just see things and believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndion View Post
    Indeed. It’s pretty sad really.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Indeed. It’s pretty sad really.
    Jesus this is just silly.

"Here's some 3D models from who the hell knows where, obviously it's proves I'm right even though there's absolutely no proof this is how it works in the game nor did I show how this is the superior way to do anything".

The amount of blind reactions with no actual proof is pretty crazy.

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks for proving my point I guess though that people just see things and believe it.
    Even if not gf is known for being bad since iwata had to bail them out for g/s.

Im gonna keep saying they should let monolith make a gen till i get it.

Those models are ripped from Sun and Moon. The same things they use in Sword and Shield.

Those models are ripped from Sun and Moon. The same things they use in Sword and Shield.
    You know what they say about leading horses to water...

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Even if not gf is known for being bad since iwata had to bail them out for g/s.

Im gonna keep saying they should let monolith make a gen till i get it.
    I'm not denying that it's possible, I'm just looking for actual proof rather than again "here's vague claims from someone who admitted they had no idea what they're talking about".

Because that's just faux outrage at that point over something.
    Which is almost as silly as just blindly claiming "lol gj pwning that post" despite a discussion not even being about "who wins" lol

If they used the same models from sun and moon they'd be able to implement all the Pokemon.

It's obviously not the same models. So again, where's proof it's as simple as you claim?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    You know what they say about leading horses to water...
    Again, obviously not the same models nor does it prove that he's right that it's as simple as that, OR that it doesn't work that way already.

We literally still have NO proof that there's 4 models for each Pokemon lol

The pokemon fandom is being ungratful brats honestly.

How butthurt do you have to be to do a deep dive analysis on the amount of clouds and tech behind it used in a freaking pokemon game just cause you aint getting pokemon #1 through #10000.

If they used the same models from sun and moon they'd be able to implement all the Pokemon.
    Excatly. Every single old pokemon model seen so far is the same one they have been using since X and Y. They had no reason to not implement every single Pokémon into Sword and Shield.

But now we know how terribly ass backwards their way of implementing three fucking clouds is, and it starts to make sense why they suddenly weren't able to use them.

Excatly. Every single old pokemon model seen so far is the same one they have been using since X and Y. They had no reason to implement every single Pokémon into Sword and Shield.

But now we know how terribly ass backwards their way of implementing three fucking clouds is, and it starts to make sense why they suddenly weren't able to use them.
    Again, all you have is a post from someone who admitted he has no idea if it's true or not.

He doesn't even source it himself.
    It's just a CLAIM that's how it would.

And it's also not the same exact models, they didn't copy and paste them into the new games.