Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I think a book of colorful pictures would be better. I doubt he'd want to put in the effort of coloring a picture himself.
    Why not? He has been colouring himself for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Candiman View Post
    You have to follow the quoted tweets until you get to https://twitter.com/CuomoPrimeTime/s...18224143216640 then it all makes sense. Why he felt the need to be the grammar police for such an obvious mistype I have no idea.
    His reply to being accused of not leaving office “is he loses the election in 2020”, is to make sure we know it’s ‘if’ he loses? lol... oh wait... that’s not funny...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post

You should check out his Twitter feed right now. He's spamming tweets to defend this.

Fun note, he met with the Prince of "Whales"...
    He went to SeaWorld and met with Shamu?

CNN: In letter to Trump, Special Counsel Henry Kerner says Kellyanne Conway had “numerous” violations of the Hatch Act and recommends she be removed from federal service.

“Ms. Conway’s disregard of the restrictions the Hatch Act... is unacceptable.” https://t.co/NDjhXUiG6N
    https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/11...351789056?s=19

Of course nothing will happen, since this administration ignores the rules. Remember Trumpkins do not say jack when some other President does this.

Oh best replies in Twitter are: 'I wonder if George Conway is going to retweet this'.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/11...351789056?s=19

Of course nothing will happen, since this administration ignores the rules. Remember Trumpkins do not say jack when some other President does this.

Oh best replies in Twitter are: 'I wonder if George Conway is going to retweet this'.
    In a bit of irony watch Trump try to fire the special counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth C. McLaughlin
    I have just gotten off the phone with a friend who is a legal volunteer in Border Patrol facilities. Don't look away.

My friend has done two tours now volunteering as a legal advocate inside CBP facilities. She passed along information about what is happening there that indicates that the Trump Administration is violating every basic human right, and is moving toward military "solutions."

So that folks understand the process: CBP has outposts on the border. Refugees seeking asylum travel hundreds of miles on foot, including with infants and small children, and turn themselves in at these outposts *on foot.* Here's what happens next. Don't look away.

CBP then transfers these human beings to a facility called "the Dog Pound." (Here, my friend started crying.) The "Dog Pound" is comprised of cages, outside and on dirt, with no protection from the elements. Don't look away.

There are dozens of teen moms there. There is no baby food. While there, my friend saw a CBP agent take a baby from her teenage mother, strip the baby of its clothes, hand the baby back to the mother, and send them outside to the "Dog Pound" to sleep in the dirt.

The "Dog Pound" has no running water, no covers, no tarp, no care, no safety from the elements. It is freezing at night, and deathly hot during the day. Everyone is sick. My friend said she saw a baby on this trip that was so sick "I thought it would be dead by morning."

Toddlers in the "Dog Pound" who had been eating solid food are given only infant formula. Moms are trying to start breast feeding again so their children don't starve. These moms are dehydrated, sick, & have walked miles through desert with no water. CBP gives them nothing.

It gets worse. Don't look away. From the "Dog Pound," these human beings are moved to an area called "The Freezer." The Freezer is kept at 55 degrees. Some of the refugees who are moved there are still wet from their journey, and are put in The Freezer wet.

CBP is keeping human beings in "The Freezer" for weeks at a time. WEEKS. Including critically ill people, disabled people, sick children, teenage mothers with babies. The floor of The Freezer is made of dirt or very rough concrete. There are no beds. Keep reading.

From "The Freezer," refugees are supposed to be moved to ICE facilities that are designed for residential care. They have beds, food, bathrooms. However, (keep reading) THOSE FACILITIES ARE EMPTY. ICE IS SHUTTING THEM DOWN. Don't look away.

What our government is doing instead is moving refugees to MILITARY INSTALLATIONS. The announcement about Fort Sill, which was used as a Japanese internment camp, is only the start. So why would our government be doing this?

Here's why. These concentration camps (let's call them what they are) will be under the control of the Department of Homeland Security, but within the Department of Defense.

Unlike ICE facilities, which allow site inspectors inside, there will be no inspection of military-run camps. The military will be able to deny access to anyone it chooses. No media. No oversight.

Lawyers will not be allowed in. Human rights monitors will not be allowed in. The camps will also be protected airspace, meaning that no drones can fly over them to take pictures of what's going on inside.

The Trump administration will be able to conduct itself in whatever way it wants to without anyone knowing what's going on inside. Think about what that means. Think about why they would want that. This is happening RIGHT NOW.

ICE facilities with beds and food are EMPTY, because the Trump administration is moving refugees into military-run concentration camps where they can do ANYTHING THEY CHOOSE without oversight, media scrutiny or advocate access.

This administration is already committing atrocities at CBP facilities. Border Patrol agents at the facility where my friend was working refer to these human beings as "bodies." Not people. "Bodies." They are denying medicine, toilets, beds, food, shelter and clothes.

My friend said that "Flores is on very tenuous ground." We're days away from being met with "we're not going to let you in, no matter what."

What is coming is crimes against humanity. America is already perpetrating mass human rights violations, and this administration is setting it up so they can do far worse, in secret, under military supervision.

Military forces are already been shifted to CBP. My friend saw *coast guard agents* (read that again) working for CBP at this facility. If we do nothing, there will be blood on our hands.

If Pelosi does nothing, there will be blood on her hands and the hands of every Democrat who refuses to act to end this administration's reign. Fascism is here.
    https://twitter.com/ECMcLaughlin/sta...92167501484033

So when the next holocaust begins, think Fox News will become the 24/7 Panda Breeding Frenzy Network? Lumpy Hannidy explaining why it's all Hillary's fault? Fox & Friends reassuring Trump that everything will be okay as Allied Forces approach the White House?

Since Trump is so buddy-buddy with Putin and Kim, I wonder if the US-Russia-North Korea will go down in history as the second major Axis of Evil.

I dunno. This just seems like as good of time as any to reflect on where we're headed as a nation, and how we'll all be remembered.

I am a huge supporter of Robert Reich but I saw him re-post this on social media in the last hour (original video was made a month ago) and I am once again seeing liberals tell themselves things to make themselves feel better and are retreating to their safe spaces (not to pick on liberals--conservatives are just as bad if not worse). America has not "fired" Trump, his approval rating is low but is not so low that he is not re-electable. There is a 10% difference in approval versus disapproval ratings at current. Democrats should not AGAIN be assuming that Trump is so horrible that he can't possibly win another four years, that is how the general election was lost. Language is important and liberals should be encouraging people to take the fight to the polls, not act like the fight is already won.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

I am a huge supporter of Robert Reich but I saw him re-post this on social media in the last hour (original video was made a month ago) and I am once again seeing liberals tell themselves things to make themselves feel better and are retreating to their safe spaces (not to pick on liberals--conservatives are just as bad if not worse). America has not "fired" Trump, his approval rating is low but is not so low that he is not re-electable. There is a 10% difference in approval versus disapproval ratings at current. Democrats should not AGAIN be assuming that Trump is so horrible that he can't possibly win another four years, that is how the general election was lost. Language is important and liberals should be encouraging people to take the fight to the polls, not act like the fight is already won.
    Yep, those statements are dangerous. He's not fired until he's gone.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    This guy just admitted he would take information from a foreign government.
    Not to worry. There's a bill in the House now, one that would require campaigns to go to the FBi when a foreign national aaaaaaand the bill was blocked by a Republican because it would be too much work for people to call the cops when someone commits a crime.

We are all for free and fair and honest elections. ... These reporting requirements are overbroad. Presidential campaigns would have to worry about disclosure at a variety of levels. So many different levels. Consider this: vendors that work for a campaign, people that are supplying some kind of voter service to a campaign. ... It would apply to door knockers, it would apply to phone bankers, down to any person who shares their views with a candidate
    -- The Republican who blocked the bill

How disgraceful it is that our Republican friends cower before this president when they know that the things he does severely damage democracy.
    -- Schumer, about the Republican who blocked the bill

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Huckabee Sanders is leaving

Guess she finally found a place to land

(She's wanted out for months but couldn't find another job)

10+ Year Old Account
    actions against Kellyanne Conway are deeply flawed and violate her constitutional rights to free speech and due process
    The White House, defending Conway's routine violations of the Hatch Act.

I wonder how many times direct, proven violations of the law can be handwaved before you just --

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    Well Huckabee-Sanders is leaving
    Hmm. Got a link for that?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, wait, it was this Trump tweet:

After 3 1/2 years, our wonderful Sarah Huckabee Sanders will be leaving the White House at the end of the month and going home to the Great State of Arkansas....
    Now class, what's wrong with this tweet?

I'll give you 3 1/2 guesses.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Where is she going? Do they allow people who openly and admittedly lie doing their job on a daily basis?

Wonder what the new lying sack of filth will look like. I hope the new one hides from reporters in bushes again.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

After 3 1/2 years, our wonderful Sarah Huckabee Sanders will be leaving the White House at the end of the month and going home to the Great State of Arkansas....

Lol - unbelievable. Trump so close to the end of his first term.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Where is she going? Do they allow people who openly and admittedly lie doing their job on a daily basis?
    What? You think the right wing think tanks are going to care that Sarah HuckaGoebbels spent three years lying to us?

She did her duty as propaganda minister well.
    Putin khuliyo

Probably Fox News contributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Probably Fox News contributor.
    I mean the Minister of Propoganda is perfect for Fox News.

She will land on her feet, likely a nice six figure plus somewhere. Yes, Fox News, but also I could see some company so with enough people so hard for Trump or more likely they loved their multi-millions, perhaps billion dollar tax cut that they will float her a job.

So boys and girls the story here is be a complete, lying asshole, who has destroyed our democracy for an authoritarian President and you will get paid.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

"it's been the honor of a lifetime to serve my country" - SHS

Bitch, please, if you served the country you'd be telling us the truth, not spitting out propaganda for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Hmm. Got a link for that?

- - - Updated - - -

Hate to rain on your mutual masturbation parade but 3 1/2 years is about right. It says 3 1/2 years in the whitehouse, not 3 1/2 years as Press Secretary.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Hate to rain on your mutual masturbation parade but 3 1/2 years is about right. It says 3 1/2 years in the whitehouse, not 3 1/2 years as Press Secretary.
    Trump hasn't been in the White House for 3 1/2 years. Math is hard.