Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Excellent, we finaly arrived to this part, consequences. What exactly are the consequences of this war. Other than some hippies trying to overthrow their government, ironicaly without consequences.
    Beyond the scores of the dead, homes burnt, rightful kings assassinated, leaderships questioned, and the looming threat of both the world's death (being pointedly ignored by those in power) and the manipulations of a third party using the inattention of the two superpowers to enrich itself? Not sure who you're referring to as "hippies," but I assume it is those who are increasingly against Sylvanas? The ones who point out the fact that while the Horde and Alliance fight their world is essentially going to hell.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Beyond the scores of the dead, homes burnt, rightful kings assassinated, leaderships questioned, and the looming threat of both the world's death (being pointedly ignored by those in power) and the manipulations of a third party using the inattention of the two superpowers to enrich itself? Not sure who you're referring to as "hippies," but I assume it is those who are increasingly against Sylvanas? The ones who point out the fact that while the Horde and Alliance fight their world is essentially going to hell.
    Is it ? Because all we see is pretty much free unobtanium popping out left and right. If anything it seems like golden era of azeroth.

Also, its hard to be impressed by "scores of dead" if they are all no names with no effect on their race. Look at nelves, for a "dying race" they are doing great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Is it ? Because all we see is pretty much free unobtanium popping out left and right. If anything it seems like golden era of azeroth.
    "Unobtanium" that constitutes the lifeblood of the world, that taking is part and parcel of removing it from the system and killing the world in question? Azerite isn't "free," and the technological boom it is causing is a parasitical one.

Also, its hard to be impressed by "scores of dead" if they are all no names with no effect on their race. Look at nelves, for a "dying race" they are doing great.
    Perhaps one day one civilization will get a similar treatment by the next species to wear the crown of self-awareness, who can say. I don't think a dead person requires a name to matter, though; they *all* had names even if we were never privy to them. As for the Night Elves specifically, I don't think they're doing so great in having to fight off an enemy occupation to reclaim their own ancestral lands in the wake of their primary city having been put to the torch. They don't even have a home at current, living as refugees in an allied city. That's not what I'd call "great" by any stretch.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

telling us that faction war is bad and we should feel bad.
    Because it is. War is objectively bad. Anyone who says otherwise is some kind of neanderthal edgelord.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Unobtanium" that constitutes the lifeblood of the world, that taking is part and parcel of removing it from the system and killing the world in question? Azerite isn't "free," and the technological boom it is causing is a parasitical one.
    But that only if some random bum is sucking it. Magni and co are totally fine with alliance and horde industrial scale operations. Hell they shake PCs hand despite PC strip mining islands left and right.

Perhaps one day one civilization will get a similar treatment by the next species to wear the crown of self-awareness, who can say. I don't think a dead person requires a name to matter, though; they *all* had names even if we were never privy to them. As for the Night Elves specifically, I don't think they're doing so great in having to fight off an enemy occupation to reclaim their own ancestral lands in the wake of their primary city having been put to the torch. They don't even have a home at current, living as refugees in an allied city. That's not what I'd call "great" by any stretch.
    I dunno, if they weren't doing great they couldn't "get their revenge" few weeks later after loosing all that population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    But that only if some random bum is sucking it. Magni and co are totally fine with alliance and horde industrial scale operations. Hell they shake PCs hand despite PC strip mining islands left and right.
    The Heart of Azeroth is designed to return the bulk of the power back to Azeroth as opposed to it being hoarded, leaving a portion over for the Champion to make free use of. As for the Alliance and Horde's operations, well, that's the bad part and Magni doesn't really have the power to stop them (especially since he needs their help).

I dunno, if they weren't doing great they couldn't "get their revenge" few weeks later after loosing all that population.
    The loss of Teldrassil has roused them from their long-term indolence and finally brought them completely into the war. And it required Tyrande to delve into a forbidden ritual to empower her and her forces as well as involving the usually aloof and neutral Malfurion as well. They lost a great deal and what remains of them is now even more driven and vengeful.

This entire expansion exists because Afrasiabi was pissed that Kosak killed his orc warchief. How is that not spiteful.
    Honestly that is a pretty accurate description of the current disease that is infecting the horde, afrasiabi is just shitting in the horde because he is still upset for Garrosh being killed. I am sure his feeling for Sylvanas can be resumed with the dialogue between her and Garrosh in Silverpine

Bold claims require bold evidence, otherwise anyone can say anything and expect it to be treated as objective fact.
    The ma'ghar questline is about Garrosh was the greatest hero in the history of the Horde, how awesome are the ma'ghars from AU because Garrosh industrialized their society and Exarch Hellscream being a male son of Gromm that curiously has the same age as garry(totally fits the timeline), heck I bet 1000 dollars the name of that orc will be Garrosh, the bias of Afrasiabi is at the same with Golden(just like 1 character, the rest of the race/faction be damned)

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Because it is. War is objectively bad. Anyone who says otherwise is some kind of neanderthal edgelord.
    We are playing a game that is about WAR it's counterproductive to give a message against the core of the game and franchise.
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-06-13 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    The ma'ghar questline is about Garrosh was the greatest hero in the history of the Horde, how awesome are the ma'ghars from AU because Garrosh industrialized their society and Exarch Hellscream being a male son of Gromm that curiously has the same age as garry(totally fits the timeline), heck I bet 1000 dollars the name of that orc will be Garrosh, the bias of Afrasiabi is at the same with Golden(just like 1 character, the rest of the race/faction be damned)
    That's pretty far from the takeaway I got from these quests. Anachronos quite literally says that "In countless potential timelines, he was seen as a great hero of his people. Some called him the Horde's greatest warchief," but that the version we had in our timeline was "one of his worst possible incarnations. A waste." So no, Garrosh definitely wasn't the greatest history of the Horde - he was deeply flawed, made even worse by the fact that in other potential timelines he actually turned out to be successful. The Mag'har also aren't presented as awesome by any means, they're necessary to the Horde war effort but on arriving on AU Draenor your party is immediately accosted by Lantresor and detained by Geya'rah on suspicion of being Lightbound spies.

No idea what the name of AU Grom's son might've been, but given that he knew Garrosh personally and was likely told his story by more impartial sources it seems unlikely he'd name his child the same thing - and even if he did, like Geya'rah isn't Thrall, it's highly unlikely they'd be the same people. Unsure how any of this relates to the whole idea that this is somehow bias on Afrasiabi's part.

Danuser wrote that one, and that the Mag'har have yet to feel the long rod of muh honor and are a callback to the Garrosh days are the only good thing I can say about both Danuser and the Horde's non-Zandalari roster in general.

Afrasiabi is more in the noblesavage bend and even then Garrosh was always an imperfect vessel. Saurfang was always his sadorc of choice hence why in Stonetalon, which was otherwise a good zone you still had Garrosh calling back to Saurfang despite their icy relationship in general being a constant thing in all other appearances. I have no doubt that his Garrosh would be less Iron Horde with the bad guy tag removed and more a younger, balder version of current Saurfang.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

That's pretty far from the takeaway I got from these quests. Anachronos quite literally says that "In countless potential timelines, he was seen as a great hero of his people. Some called him the Horde's greatest warchief," but that the version we had in our timeline was "one of his worst possible incarnations. A waste." So no, Garrosh definitely wasn't the greatest history of the Horde - he was deeply flawed, made even worse by the fact that in other potential timelines he actually turned out to be successful. The Mag'har also aren't presented as awesome by any means, they're necessary to the Horde war effort but on arriving on AU Draenor your party is immediately accosted by Lantresor and detained by Geya'rah on suspicion of being Lightbound spies.

No idea what the name of AU Grom's son might've been, but given that he knew Garrosh personally and was likely told his story by more impartial sources it seems unlikely he'd name his child the same thing - and even if he did, like Geya'rah isn't Thrall, it's highly unlikely they'd be the same people. Unsure how any of this relates to the whole idea that this is somehow bias on Afrasiabi's part.
    That "what a waste" is Afrasiabi talking directly to the player, since his vision of Garrosh didnt come to pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    That "what a waste" is Afrasiabi talking directly to the player, since his vision of Garrosh didnt come to pass.
    Its funny since now that you brought my attention to it, it really feels that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    And how do you know this? How do you even know Afrasiabi is writing the dialog for Anachronos? Afrasiabi is a Creative Director now, which means it's unlikely he's directly writing quest text or NPC dialog anymore - his role would be more managerial or executive.

And how do you know this? How do you even know Afrasiabi is writing the dialog for Anachronos? Afrasiabi is a Creative Director now, which means it's unlikely he's directly writing quest text or NPC dialog anymore - his role would be more managerial or executive.
    Because that feels like him.

You seem awfuly protective of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I don't know, I think they have a pretty good grasp of Baine's character. He cared objectively less about his dad's death and his city's takeover than he cared about the brother of his human masters being raised from the dead. After all his reaction to the former was to let the first party responsible go and be the second's defense attorney without even considering how his dad's poor decisions got him there. On the other hand, when it comes to those who dared harm Jaina's anointed bloodline they are killed on the spot.
    So in other words, Baine's motivation is being an Alliance character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Because that feels like him.

You seem awfuly protective of him.
    I don't even know him, outside of general recognition of the name. It just seems odd to read in a given developer in a random quest - I can't help but to see it as projection. WoW has over a dozen writers and it could be any of them, really; I highly doubt *any* given quest or piece of NPC dialog in WoW has a single fingerprint on it when all is said and done.

Excellent, we finaly arrived to this part, consequences. What exactly are the consequences of this war. Other than some hippies trying to overthrow their government, ironicaly without consequences.
    Tell that to all the Forsaken that Sylvanas killed during the meeting with Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Tell that to all the Forsaken that Sylvanas killed during the meeting with Anduin.
    What was it, 10 no-names Golden invented for some shitty drama and accidentaly retconed Forsaken society because, as she admited, she doesnt know jackshit about them?

Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    I absolutely loved the tropical tileset and now worry about this also. I could have sworn broken isles was retconned to never have actually been sunk, to explain why its noe a populated continent with a 10000 year old city of nelfs and a society of tauren who originated from azshara region.

I cannot honestly see them removing the entire tropical tileset though as its also used for the echo isles so at worst case it will most likely be just the temple itself that sees (if any) changes.
    Its easy to retcon and claim that the Tomb's isle was bigger and it was Tal'Dranath Before cataclysm Hit and sunk Half of the isle and damaged the Tomb's complex.

all of the broken isles is tattered with LITERAL broken and sunken terrain

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Danuser wrote that one, and that the Mag'har have yet to feel the long rod of muh honor and are a callback to the Garrosh days are the only good thing I can say about both Danuser and the Horde's non-Zandalari roster in general.

Afrasiabi is more in the noblesavage bend and even then Garrosh was always an imperfect vessel. Saurfang was always his sadorc of choice hence why in Stonetalon, which was otherwise a good zone you still had Garrosh calling back to Saurfang despite their icy relationship in general being a constant thing in all other appearances. I have no doubt that his Garrosh would be less Iron Horde with the bad guy tag removed and more a younger, balder version of current Saurfang.
    He did that in collaboration with Afrasiabi, there is an interview with both talking about that questline and the chance to see Yrel again.
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-06-13 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    He did that in collaboration with Afrasiabi, there is an interview with both talking about that questline and the chance to see Yrel again.
    So Danuser wrote the quest and dialog working in collaboration with Afrasiabi? Do you have a link to this interview?