10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Prove it then.

Show me how many people are actively working on this game, what their work hours a week are, what where the main focus of the game direction and how much time it would take for them to do what you ask.

You seem to be just assuming a lot. Sorry I don't take your feelcraft as fact. You know about as much of how game development is handled at gamefreak as any other random western person knows- nothing. Stop making claims in absolutes that you can't back up it's quite silly and if we wanted to reference ancient memes you seem like a walking billboard of "u mad bro".
    You can check the game credits and see how many people work on pokemon games.

As for time, its impossible to know. However recent nintendo news that they are pushing back that village game made some investors un-happy.
    They said something abauth not overworking. However, it could also just be a company propaganda. And we realy dont know how they work in game-freak.

Also--- Japan is known for overwork culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Also--- Japan is known for overwork culture.
    Actually Japan is passing laws at the federal level preventing this and Nintendo in general only has an average work day of 7 hours per employee in Japan so about that.

Bowser even said at e3 AC was delayed because Nintendo doesn't do crunch.

Your post is basically out dated shit you heard on the internet if this is what you're gonna claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Game Freak has 150 employees. 300 different people worked on Sun and Moon, so it is clear they do much outsourcing.
    Not all employees actively work on game development and usually less then half of a credits roll in a game was active developers. So you're basically showing me you know less then I even assumed you did.

Actually Japan is passing laws at the federal level preventing this and Nintendo in general only has an average work day of 7 hours per employee in Japan so about that.

Your post is basically out dated shit you heard on the internet if this is what you're gonna claim.
    I find it more silly honestly that they're implying that it's fine to overwork them because it's Japan's culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I find it more silly honestly that they're implying that it's fine to overwork them because it's Japan's culture.
    Yea it go's back to what I assumed a few pages ago, these hardcore pokemon fans would be absolutely fine with game freak having 100 hour work weeks if they got the game they wanted. Meanwhile the same people probably join Jim Sterling in outrage when the typical AAA games get called out for game crunch.

Too bad Pokémon can't be delayed, so they just have to cut content then.

Too bad Pokémon can't be delayed, so they just have to cut content then.
    Content is only cut if it was planned to be in the game from the start.

You have no proof otherwise so you can't call it "cut content" but "cut content" is another typical video game outrage buzz word. Not shocked to see it brought up here, we're basically creating a glossary of all of them in this thread.

Content is only cut if it was planned to be in the game from the start.

You have no proof otherwise so you can't call it "cut content" but "cut content" is another typical video game outrage buzz word. Not shocked to see it brought up here, we're basically creating a glossary of all of them in this thread.
    Okay, sure, let's dig back into 2018.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ni.../1100-6462481/

Asked whether Game Freak was looking at allowing Pokemon to move between Let's Go and the next core entry, Pokemon director Junichi Masuda assures that the development team is working to make that possible.

"We're definitely always thinking of that kind of forward-moving functionality, especially since we've introduced Pokemon Bank," Masuda told GameSpot through an interpreter. "Now, up to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, you're able to store your Pokemon, and we know they're very important to everyone. I mean, obviously, people would be very sad if they couldn't use their Pokemon in a future game. So, it does get complicated when you talk about the details and we're still figuring it out, but we do have plans to find ways to let players use their Pokemon in the next game."
    Back then they were all about getting old pokemon into these games, but not anymore it seems.

^ If anyone ever doubts Game Freak's incompetence

I have seen this series for the last 20 years. I know how these fucking games operate.
    No one likes a backseat developer.

^ If anyone ever doubts Game Freak's incompetence
    Again, I feel the need to reiterate this. V

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I want to know his sources. Because people can say any old bullshit and some dumbasses will believe them.
    Stop posting crap from Twitter and Imgur unless you have a credible source for this stuff.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2019-06-13 at 11:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone with a background in programming, who went to school for game design, and currently works in game development: You don't become a programmer for a well known developer by being an idiot. There are likely a lot of factors that go into why they make seemingly weird decisions that even people like myself who have made games may not fully understand at first glance.

Gamefreak is making a huge mistake by not including all the Pokemon in Sword and Shield, but that doesn't mean you need to go on an ignorant tirade about stuff that is completely irrelevant, especially when programming has absolutely nothing to do with it.

My switch list keeps getting larger and larger

Pokemon
    Fire emblem
    Dragon Quest
    Links awakening (played that so damn much on my gameboy!!)
    Maybe astral chain (need more info!)
    Ni no kuni
    Trials of mana (and the collection!!! such a great co-op game I played when I was little)

Feels like I am forgetting 1 or 2! And this doesn't even include the couple I want for the PC/Ps4

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I forgot what I came here to post. Watched Some Astral Chain gameplay and that shit actually looks hella good. I don't really like the art style but that gameplay is looking sexy as hell.

Do you know that they made the models futur proof in Sun and Moon ? They created the models with a huge amount of polygons specifically to be used later and save time...

https://www.smogon.com/forums/thread.../#post-6923129

"AFAIK, The gen 6 models have a massive amount of polygons because they're designed to be used with higher specs for later games in the series. I imagine that once gen 8 probably comes out on the 3DS successor, the models will be the same but still look noticeably better.

For example, here's a higher quality Noivern model that was shown at E3 3 years ago. Its possible gen 8 may look a bit like this!"

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Do you know that they made the models futur proof in Sun and Moon ? They created the models with a huge amount of polygons specifically to be used later and save time...

https://www.smogon.com/forums/thread.../#post-6923129

"AFAIK, The gen 6 models have a massive amount of polygons because they're designed to be used with higher specs for later games in the series. I imagine that once gen 8 probably comes out on the 3DS successor, the models will be the same but still look noticeably better.

For example, here's a higher quality Noivern model that was shown at E3 3 years ago. Its possible gen 8 may look a bit like this!"

Your image didn't load.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Your image didn't load.
    I'm seeing it with no problem. (it's in the posted link either way.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    I'm seeing it with no problem. (it's in the posted link either way.)
    its not loading there either.