Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    Criminals resent those that enforce the law. That isn't something new
    and again my post isn't aimed at criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Being civilized usually does not enrage racists, but rather makes them feel more powerful, since an enemy that does not fight back is perceived as weak.
    Black people being violent is sure to go down well ...

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Nope, they're not. There's a strong enough justification to prosecute every single member of those departments under RICO statutes.
    I disagree. You are free to disagree. I will keep my stance until I see the police in general being convicted of what you think is abuse. There are however, ex. police officers who are serving prison time as we post this. And one at least that I saw the video footage of his crime, deserves it.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2019-06-13 at 11:49 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post

snitches get stiches

Not exactly the mindset for normal law abiding citizens
    its also not exactly relevant to my post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    A mob gathering to battle with police who shot a criminal attacking them with a deadly weapon is a fairly good indicator that the community in that area is garbage.
    the fact that it got to such a point is the problem but that seems to be flying over peoples heads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    The institution isn't a person, you can't hold it morally responsible. Like I said, they just needed a target to unleash anger. They all look the same, so why not.

The cops aren't "dirty" - interesting you use the same phrasing as racist anti-semites would, implying they are "unclean". Again, why should the cops trust the community that is bigoted towards them? The faults lie in the individuals causing harm. That's what a fault is.

What do you mean "whitest"?
    Institutions take on the moral characteristics of the people who make it up. If the institution is responsible for bad acts then the people who make up the body of the institution are held accountable.

Same if a company does bad, those who work for the company are held accountable.

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

-- Albert Einstein
    Please miss all the 'it's not the institution' talk. In any other profession, education, medicine, even retail, if you know someone is doing wrong and don't act least report it you're getting in trouble too. No such as a good person who gives a bad one space to operate.

Yet the law enforcement, those who should be held to the highest standards and those who we should be the most proud of, are treated like they are doing the best they can do. "Aw, he was just a little heavy handed because he was stressed out." "We can come down on cops for every infraction because they are all we have." Pathetic excuse after excuse.

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2017...-public-views/

Strange how the people view police vs the way police view themselves.

I find interesting that cops even debunk the argument that they are heavy handed across the board because they are afraid of guns and understaffed. According to the poll most feel safe on the job, that numbers are adequate, and fine with more people owning guns - even in favor or less restrictive laws. So whats their excuse?
    Last edited by PACOX; 2019-06-14 at 12:04 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Institutions take on the moral characteristics of the people who make it up. If the institution is responsible for bad acts then the people who make up the body of the institution are held accountable.

Same if a company does bad, those who work for the company are held accountable.
    No, they actually aren't. The management is usually the entity that's held accountable. The janitor at Enron just isn't culpable.

Please miss all the 'it's not the institution' talk. In any other profession, education, medicine, even retail, if you know someone is doing wrong and don't act least report it you're getting in trouble too. No such as a good person who gives a bad one space to operate.
    Or when the higher-ups are the ones punishing speaking out about it, in which case they aren't getting in trouble. Even if it isn't, a doctor at one hospital is not the least responsible for another hospital's staff making a mistake of some kind.

Not sure why you said "miss all the" - why do you say "miss"? Miss it? I don't get it.

Yet the law enforcement, those who should be held to the highest standards and those who we should be the most proud of, are treated like they are doing the best they can do. "Aw, he was just a little heavy handed because he was stressed out." "We can come down on cops for every infraction because they are all we have." Pathetic excuse after excuse.
    Uh, okay? This doesn't really do anything here.

Media portrayal interaction with race can do that. Although it's interesting black people were less likely to see the police as solely enforcers, and the 5% difference for them seeing them as protectors really isn't much to write home about. This wasn't the pew article to bring up.

When protests break out again and again over murderous thugs being killed, it's not really showing us their greater anger against the police is warranted.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I find interesting that cops even debunk the argument that they are heavy handed across the board because they are afraid of guns and understaffed. According to the poll most feel safe on the job, that numbers are adequate, and fine with more people owning guns - even in favor or less restrictive laws. So whats their excuse?
    I would think those officers who are actually doing the job of enforcing the laws out in the streets, know more about what is needed than the public in general do. Having more officers would certainly make their jobs primarily safer.

I would not argue against better training however. And the police's job is not to protect the public, but to enforce the laws which can help protect the public. This was made clear by the Supreme Court's decision which stated the police are not legally required to protect the public. Their job is to enforce the laws.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    It's irrelevant. As long as these retards see it's a black man, they'll take issue even if it's a serial child rapist murderer the police shot dead.
    Especially since more white people die to police annually and you don't see them upset about that. BLM is supposed to be about cop violence yet it only seems to be them being racist ignoring white deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    and again my post isn't aimed at criminals.
    Yet that is the practical result of it. Why would a law abiding community despise a active police force?

Yes when racist black people and racist white people supporting racist black people make them have this need to be stressed out to where they are made to feel they can't even pull a black person over without cries of racism. "MAN THAT RACIST COP PULLED ME OVER AND GAVE ME A WARNING FOR A TAILLIGHT BEING OUT!"

You can blame the racist black community for the current state of cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Yes when racist black people and racist white people supporting racist black people make them have this need to be stressed out to where they are made to feel they can't even pull a black person over without cries of racism. "MAN THAT RACIST COP PULLED ME OVER AND GAVE ME A WARNING FOR A TAILLIGHT BEING OUT!"

You can blame the racist black community for the current state of cops.
    Repeatedly saying, 'racist black community' doesn't make it true all of a sudden.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yet that is the practical result of it. Why would a law abiding community despise a active police force?
    go back to my very first post for a few reasons. the people don't trust the police for many reasons some key ones being the polices fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    No, they actually aren't. The management is usually the entity that's held accountable. The janitor at Enron just isn't culpable.

Or when the higher-ups are the ones punishing speaking out about it, in which case they aren't getting in trouble. Even if it isn't, a doctor at one hospital is not the least responsible for another hospital's staff making a mistake of some kind.

Not sure why you said "miss all the" - why do you say "miss"? Miss it? I don't get it.

Uh, okay? This doesn't really do anything here.

Media portrayal interaction with race can do that. Although it's interesting black people were less likely to see the police as solely enforcers, and the 5% difference for them seeing them as protectors really isn't much to write home about. This wasn't the pew article to bring up.

When protests break out again and again over murderous thugs being killed, it's not really showing us their greater anger against the police is warranted.
    I wish I was at my desk so I could properly quote stuff.

When you're at work and see someone doing something they aren't supposed to be doing, you better have a good reason for not reporting them.

If you're a doctor at a hospital and know that another doctor is abusing their patients, that's your ass too if you don't report them and the powers that be find out you knew about it.

Hell if your a teacher you held accountable for reporting on stuff you think is happening while your student is at home. We say, 'wtf was the rest of the hospital/school while X was going on?'

Bad cop at a PD? Oh just one bad egg, nothing see here.

Also you can just blame those poll on the media. We have to stop using the media as a scapegoat.

I love where this country is going, whether or not it's justified you can't touch people of a certain color without a riot.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The statement was "don't break the law". If someone is going 10 miles over the speed limit the penalty should be a death sentence? No.
    That was my point the simple "breaking of law" doesn't mean a death sentence.

I see though that with the last sentence you are either really young, drunk/high, and/or not really capable of rational discussions. Maybe you are just having a bad day. You need to see that anger and aggression checked into. Might be worth it one day.

- - - Updated - - -

The cops get to defend themselves of course!
    no, you keep the strawman. i have a feeling you'll need it later anyway.

you're just another yokel trying to equate being "black and committing a violent crime" with "not being perfect" even though nobody said anything about "kill everyone who breaks any law"

stay on topic

go back to my very first post for a few reasons. the people don't trust the police for many reasons some key ones being the polices fault.
    I am not as... charitable as you are.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am not as... charitable as you are.
    or you just haven't actually looked into policing at all and the relationship they can and do have with community's.

or you just haven't actually looked into policing at all and the relationship they can and do have with community's.
    I believe it is something akin to a death spiral. The community is extremely impoverished and is turning to crime to cope. The police are then seen as a ever larger threat as they attempt to wrestle back control from the gangs that provide a vital revenue stream to the community.

The sicker the community gets the faster this spiral occurs. The only way to fix it is to nearly overload the area with a massive police presence till the community can expunge its criminal element for those obeying the law.

Damn imagine the amount of riots Raylan Givens would have caused in this age.

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Damn imagine the amount of riots Raylan Givens would have caused in this age.
    I miss Justified.