Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So, bit late to join the party but I wanted to wait if more evidence appears. I call bullshit on this. This smells like Iraq all over again. If this doesn't escalate into a full blown war, we'll have to thank Iran for that. Quite the plot twist... let's all hope Iran keeps a cool head to maintain peace in the region instead of the US. Well, a plot twist for some... others are not so surprised after all.

What was it someone once said to me... watch US presidents... whenever they suck in domestic politics, they distract from it with a good war. And Americans love nothing more than a good war.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    This reeks of false flag.
    I normally don't subscribe to conspiracies, but yeah.

With the Democrats getting closer to impeachment. I would not put it past Trump to start a war to take some of the heat off of his back.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I suspect this is another Gulf of Tonkin event.

I can't think of any reasons to invade Iran save for two, and these aren't it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

https://twitter.com/PhilipinDC/statu...46296341508096

Oh wow. Iran made this really easy for us. What a bunch of retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post

WTF is that? Video from the 1950s? Can't see shit.

The timing really makes one question it. But alas, getting to know the actual truth, that's going to be damned hard.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    WTF is that? Video from the 1950s? Can't see shit.
    I was waiting for Tom Servo and Joel to crack some jokes and tell me how terrible this movie was.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    I was waiting for Tom Servo and Joel to crack some jokes and tell me how terrible this movie was.
    Apparently this video was legitimately released by the US:
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/13/polit...ine/index.html

Yeah, something's not adding up with this one. The only video they have is super blurry black and white where you can't see shit. But they have a clear picture of the damage and "likely mine" on the side of the ship?

How about some evidence from a party that isn't masturbating over the thought of an Iranian-USA war?

Looks like fairly standard footage as taken by aircraft - all bomb strike footage always seems to look like that.

I was listening to an interview with a Japanese man who was head of the company whose ship was hit and he was saying that the ship was hit by a shell and the crew saw other ships being fired upon before an explosion a few hours later made them to decide to abandon ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I doubt it's "highly unlikely". We can debate whether it makes sense or not, but we're also all looking in from the outside. Just because Iranian forces may have done this, does not mean the Iranian government ordered it, or that the religious leaders did, we'll never know the results of any internal investigation.

But, why isn't it good timing with the Japanese Prime Minister there? Abe might be the intended audience for the message. Are you assuming that Iran gives a shit what USA or the international community (that is currently sanctioning it) thinks about their actions?

I think it's more likely that some forces connected to Iran did this to show the imperialists that they can hit anyone in the Gulf, behind that would be a Saudi/Israeli plot. Doesn't mean the government of Iran ordered it done, but why would we assume they care what the rest of the world thinks?
    They still haven't broken the deal that suggest they do care about the international community and they did care about the USA until Trump decided to fuck them over.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, something's not adding up with this one. The only video they have is super blurry black and white where you can't see shit. But they have a clear picture of the damage and "likely mine" on the side of the ship?

How about some evidence from a party that isn't masturbating over the thought of an Iranian-USA war?
    Have you never seen any military strike footage? its all aircraft or naval FLIR footage and it all looks like this.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

YouTube various USA aircraft videos and you’ll see similar black/white videos and I wouldn’t call the picture of the mine/damage HD, they are similar quality.
    Not saying Iran is guilty or innocence and I wouldn’t be surprised if the USA did fake an attack

I don't know, it all looks like some ridiculous conspiracy plot from a GI Joe movie.

What has Iran to gain by sinking or damaging other countries' oil tankers? They are still under embargo and there are general oil quotas in place. They won't sell a barrel more, and the damage from delaying that oil deliveries easily balances out the cost for that military operation, and the actual damage is covered by insurance.

On the other hand we have the US and Isreal attempting to present the evilness of Iran to the world for over year now, especially to their european partners who still hold onto the anti-nuclear treaty with Iran. Then they present evidence that - even if genuine - doesn't show any real proof.

But then that false flag operation would look so ridiculously obvious that it makes you wonder if the US after Iraq thinks the world is still that gullible, or it was really done by Iran to blame the US. Or it was the Russians to stress the NATO structure even more. Or it was just some big insurance fraud.

All in all I think we can agree that we don't know anything and whatever we learn about it from whatever side is most likely forged, fabricated or at least important facts are omitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I don't know, it all looks like some ridiculous conspiracy plot from a GI Joe movie.

What has Iran to gain by sinking or damaging other countries' oil tankers? They are still under embargo and there are general oil quotas in place. They won't sell a barrel more, and the damage from delaying that oil deliveries easily balances out the cost for that military operation, and the actual damage is covered by insurance.

On the other hand we have the US and Isreal attempting to present the evilness of Iran to the world for over year now, especially to their european partners who still hold onto the anti-nuclear treaty with Iran. Then they present evidence that - even if genuine - doesn't show any real proof.

But then that false flag operation would look so ridiculously obvious that it makes you wonder if the US after Iraq thinks the world is still that gullible, or it was really done by Iran to blame the US. Or it was the Russians to stress the NATO structure even more. Or it was just some big insurance fraud.

All in all I think we can agree that we don't know anything and whatever we learn about it from whatever side is most likely forged, fabricated or at least important facts are omitted.
    Or Saudi Arabia trying to sabotage Iran's talks with Japan about opening up oil trade again.

There's just no conclusive proof of anything. Just the US saying Iran did it with only a shitty video where you can't make out anything to "prove" it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    1-We already dealt with Alqaeda and it's now almost non-existant.
    I never even mentioned them, i'm talking about how the spread the same sect of islam that 90%+ of all islamic terrorists follow.

Even if you disagree with me on all these points, the least you could do is do "something" to stop Iranian terrorists. What do you do instead? You spend effort and time defending Iranian terrorists on a forum instead! This is why you and I are worlds apart.
    Iranian terrorists are not a thing that actually exist, unless you have sources to back up all of your claims.

Iran is a huge dick to own populace, but nobody ever invaded a country over that.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Convenient. What is the chances of someone pointing cameras at random tanker, from something look like super old military drone.
    Also, if you look through special filters, side of the boat says "Iran". But those filters are super secret. Same as those jumping mines, which makes holes above sea level.
    Duh.

You folks should talk more about this conspiracy theory of the US faking an attack by Iran. Its astounding!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/14/w...imes&smtyp=cur

Yeah.. your fascist shit aint gonna work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    You folks should talk more about this conspiracy theory of the US faking an attack by Iran. Its astounding!
    Yeah because the US never faked attacks to justify wars.

Gulf of Tonkin.
    USS Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Kotuthan View Post
    Yeah because the US never faked attacks to justify wars.

Gulf of Tonkin.
    USS Maine
    Sure they have, humans understand deceit as a tactic of encourage social change. But this is now and here and you folks are just cheering for it to be a false flag because..idk..brown ppl? Orange man bad?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."