Page 1 of 2
LastLast

GOP Rep. Duncan Hunter’s wife changing plea in criminal case

Rep. Duncan Hunter’s wife, Margaret — facing a slew of federal criminal charges along with the California Republican lawmaker over allegations of diverting more than $250,000 in campaign funds to personal use — is set to plead guilty Thursday in federal court in San Diego.

How much does anybody want to bet that he is going to throw his wife under the bus during the jury trial which is set for September?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post

Rep. Duncan Hunter’s wife, Margaret — facing a slew of federal criminal charges along with the California Republican lawmaker over allegations of diverting more than $250,000 in campaign funds to personal use — is set to plead guilty Thursday in federal court in San Diego.
    How much does anybody want to bet that he is going to throw his wife under the bus during the jury trial which is set for September?
    No bet. This will be a Good 'ol Boy plea deal agreement wherein she will get zero jail time (and no trial at all - that's what the plea prevents initially). I'm sure it was all negotiated before she changed her plea. If I had to go out on a limb, the penalty will be a stiff fine and possibly community service, along with HUGE probation (which is meaningless when it comes to white privilege).

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    No bet. This will be a Good 'ol Boy plea deal agreement wherein she will get zero jail time (and no trial at all - that's what the plea prevents initially). I'm sure it was all negotiated before she changed her plea. If I had to go out on a limb, the penalty will be a stiff fine and possibly community service, along with HUGE probation (which is meaningless when it comes to white privilege).
    Either she is taking the fall for him or she is offered a deal. We'll have to see. I assume she probably has all the accounting books.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Either she is taking the fall for him or she is offered a deal. We'll have to see. I assume she probably has all the accounting books.
    I'm guessing it's both - taking the fall for him by accepting a sweetheart deal.

I'm guessing it's both - taking the fall for him by accepting a sweetheart deal.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/af...cid=spartanntp

The wife of a U.S. representative pleaded guilty on Thursday to federal charges alleging misuse of $250,000 in campaign funds and agreed to cooperate with prosecutors who are also bringing charges against her husband.
    Ouch!

The plea agreement recommends a five-year prison sentence, five years probation and a fine of up to $250,000, according to U.S. Attorney's office. No sentencing date has been set.
    Double Ouch!

10+ Year Old Account
    Federal charges though...

All she has to do is;
    1. Write a flattering OP-ed of Trump in any newpaper tweet something nice a bout Trump.
    2. Buy a few hundred of Ivanka's shoes
    3. ???
    4. Pardon

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/af...cid=spartanntp

The wife of a U.S. representative pleaded guilty on Thursday to federal charges alleging misuse of $250,000 in campaign funds and agreed to cooperate with prosecutors who are also bringing charges against her husband.
    Ouch!

The plea agreement recommends a five-year prison sentence, five years probation and a fine of up to $250,000, according to U.S. Attorney's office. No sentencing date has been set.
    Double Ouch!
    Yikes - well, there goes my theory. I have to say I'm thrilled to be wrong. Jesus, they are throwing the book at them both.
    Last edited by cubby; 2019-06-13 at 11:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder how long until the divorce is announced. Doubt she is happy that he tried to throw her under the bus and pin all the blame on her.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account

he did that a while ago, was on Fox a few monthes ago saying she had control of his finances when he was deployed and when he was campaigning

rather sure there was a thread here about it

Yikes - well, there goes my theory. I have to say I'm thrilled to be wrong. Jesus, they are throwing the book at them both.
    Can't wait till I go to the country club this weekend. I want to see how those old die hard republicans will put a good spin on this development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait till I go to the country club this weekend. I want to see how those old die hard republicans will put a good spin on this development.
    I'm going to bet on the Deep State hired the notorious hacker 4Chan to funnel the funds into Duncan's private account. Obviously this was orchestrated by Hillary and Obama with a touch of Soros for good measure.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

I'm sure there will be pardons for the very fine people who are being unfairly treated by deep state.

My district will be the first to be represented by a congressman who is serving his time in jail.

Make it happen!

I guess he regrets throwing his wife under the bus during a Fox interview right about now.

Good, from everything I've seen of him including bragging about taking pictures to dead enemy combatants and killing civilians, he's a fucking terrible human being. I'm still ashamed that he won his Congressional race with this dishonest, racist smears of his opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I guess he regrets throwing his wife under the bus during a Fox interview right about now.

Good, from everything I've seen of him including bragging about taking pictures to dead enemy combatants and killing civilians, he's a fucking terrible human being. I'm still ashamed that he won his Congressional race with this dishonest, racist smears of his opponent.
    He should have learned the lesson from Al Capone.

If you are going to throw your accountant under the bus, you better run him over real good. Otherwise, he, in this case she, is liable to turn state evidence to the Feds.

On top of that, the multiple instances of infidelities likely did not endear him to his wife either.

5+ Year Old Account
    Must be true love.

Federal Prosecutors have accused Rep. Duncan Hunter of improperly using campaign funds to pursue numerous romantic affairs with congressional aides and lobbyists, according to a new court filing https://t.co/VnjFyboEJD
    https://twitter.com/politico/status/...961697793?s=19

Well first off, if his wife was talking the bullet for the misuse of funds to cover his ass, I bet she feels real stupid atm.

A good pattern of corruption with this guy.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

Well first off, if his wife was talking the bullet for the misuse of funds to cover his ass, I bet she feels real stupid atm.

He's also apparently doubling down on the 'This is all a Deep State plot to punish me for supporting Trump!' nonsense.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

Here is a copy of the plea agreement from Times of San Diego.

http://timesofsandiego.com/wp-conten...-Agreement.pdf

Her plea agreement threw Duncan Hunter under the bus and then ran him over multiple times for good effect. On top of that, she promised to testify before any trial or post-trial proceedings “as deemed necessary by the government.”

The plea deal says the government has determined Hunter’s cooperation merits a "five-level downward departure … contingent on her continuing to cooperate and provide a truthful and accurate recounting of all relevant events up to and including the time of her sentencing.”

Notice her sentencing date is set to be 6 days after the scheduled start of her husband's trial.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2019-06-25 at 10:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a copy of the plea agreement from Times of San Diego.

http://timesofsandiego.com/wp-conten...-Agreement.pdf

Her plea agreement threw Duncan Hunter under the bus and then ran him over multiple times for good effect. On top of that, she promised to testify before any trial or post-trial proceedings “as deemed necessary by the government.”

The plea deal says the government has determined Hunter’s cooperation merits a "five-level downward departure … contingent on her continuing to cooperate and provide a truthful and accurate recounting of all relevant events up to and including the time of her sentencing.”

Notice her sentencing date is set to be 6 days after the scheduled start of her husband's trial.
    I mean, he tried to throw her under the bus first when he said she made all the financial decisions. That in conjunction with the fact that he apparently cheated on her multiple times is probably what got her to decide to look out for herself instead. Any prosecutor would let the spouse go if it helped bag a crooked Congressman.

I'm just wondering how long it will be before the GOP starts calling her a traitor to her husband for not taking the fall for him. Also wondering when she will file for divorce and how much of his money she'll get, assuming he has any left by the end of this.