Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trash decision, Glad I've moved to FFXIV fulltime now.

I'm not against a level squish, but alone won't solve any problem. Leveling isn't fun, you don't really have anything to "chase". I think we need an abilities tree to fill level after level, like the old talent system. Even if is something that's relevant only during the leveling process and it's forgotten at max level. Gaining a level should always be exciting and rewarding, now most levels don't give you nothing worth the hassle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just get rid of levels altogether if you're going to do anything with them, squishing just seems like the worst of both ends

Is this an early PR stint? Smells of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Exxord View Post
    I'm not against a level squish, but alone won't solve any problem. Leveling isn't fun, you don't really have anything to "chase". I think we need an abilities tree to fill level after level, like the old talent system. Even if is something that's relevant only during the leveling process and it's forgotten at max level. Gaining a level should always be exciting and rewarding, now most levels don't give you nothing worth the hassle.
    Thats bascially what Artifact in legion and HoA in BfA has been. "talents" after you reach max lvl.

I dont mind a lvl squish, and I hope they slash it down to lvl 50/60. Imagine leveling from 1 to 60 on retail and getting all the abilites/talents along the way. Makes much more sense. Right now from lvl 100 to 120 you gain nothing.

I wouldn't mind a level squish where talents and character progression are redistributed evenly.

Right now character progression basically ends at level 80 and it gets SUPER boring. You get another talent at 90 and 100.... but the things that make the last few expansions meaningful are gone.

You no longer spend time building up your WoD garison.

You aren't able to upgrade your artifact weapon anymore.

And trust me, as soon as BFA is over, this shit-show of a Azerite Necklace will get the same fate.

When the next expansion shows up, you really won't want to go from level 80 to 120 with nothing but two talents to show for it.

Bring on the level squish. Max level 60 with steady gear progression from classic through BfA.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop catering to stupid people.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about change the way the Sub works?

I buy 30 Days of Gametime for 15 Bucks, and whenever i play timer starts counting down... instead of letting it count down while i'm not online?

Untill then nothing can bring me back.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    How about change the way the Sub works?

I buy 30 Days of Gametime for 15 Bucks, and whenever i play timer starts counting down... instead of letting it count down while i'm not online?

Untill then nothing can bring me back.
    Yeah. Lets just pay rent for the minutes you actually spend in your home too... dream on mate

OnT:

Wouldn't mind a level squish. Dont see any reason not to and I haven't seen a single serious argument against it either.

Looking forward to it
    Last edited by Appelgren; 2019-06-14 at 10:07 AM.

Ya so get ready for half your skills to be gone and relearning them and you level up again...

I don't get why people are so up in arms about a level squish? Doesn't affect any of us at end game.

It is intimidating for someone new, I think they should just squish it back to 60.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    Stop catering to stupid people.
    Which is why they are changing it.

I like the way Blizzard is handling this, it is definitely a good start in bettering communication.

Hopefully they will integrate these surveys into battle(dot)net int the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Oh okay. How come you don't have any special rank?
    lol, dude. Don't be so nosey.

i mean i have every class over 110 (thank god) so i dont mind leveling that mutch but i can understad newer player/bilzz, leveling right now is a pain in the ass and need to be cut in half

LOL, a level squish? fuck this game

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Level squish is such a horrible bandaid fix.
    It isn't the amount of levels that makes new or returning players leave, it's that leveling is fucking boring. And this is due to snowballed designs.
    New players are thrown into a world of hand-holding and zero risks, of course they get deterred. Imagine not being particularly interested in WoW but giving it a try, and this kind of leveling is what you're thrown into for over 100 hours?

Hell, I used to love leveling alts before it became utterly pathetically easy and more like a hack-and-slash instead of the RPG it used to be.
    An RPG where you don't care about gear upgrades, where getting new abilities doesn't really make any difference, where consumables and resource-management is almost completely irrelevant.

To make it abundandtly clear: A level squish does not solve leveling's problems.
    Levelings problems are:
    Too easy, even without heirlooms;
    -Creates a leveling experience where gear upgrades doesn't feel impactful.
    -Devalues class' abilities that doesn't merely deal damage or increase your speed.
    -Reduces the social aspect since you rarely have a reason to group up.
    Mob scaling means that you are essentially on the same exact player:mob player ratio throughout the entire thing, with some minor spikes here and there.
    New talent system is godawful anywhere but at maxlevel. There are plenty of specs that gain next to NOTHING interesting for 30+ levels if the talents in that range are pointless during leveling.
    No reason to do any side-stuff what so ever, next to nothing that is worth some "side-progression" will make a difference at 120 anyway.
    Professions being stuck at 5 skill / level, coupled with an insane level/hour, means it's more or less impossible to level professions at a reasonable pace and keeping up with your level.

In short, leveling is a soulless husk devoid of RPG gameplay, it's a hack-and-slash where you are just automatically placed in Blizzards perfect template, as you faceroll your way to maxlevel.
    Players aren't deterred by the number 120, they are deterred by the gameplay that is goddamn awful throughout the entire process!
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-06-14 at 09:26 AM.

What fucking morons they are! I hate every squish! I will never ever touch the game again with this level squish! Such idiots...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    Just get rid of levels altogether if you're going to do anything with them, squishing just seems like the worst of both ends
    How do you expect them to sell level boosters then? Or you mean that they should instead give BACK the players the means to level faster, the ones that they're taking away each expansion? HAH, that's preposterous.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Big level squish with the same amount of time to level up.
    We have to many "empty level" that only bring a new number on your character.
    That way a new level will bring a new talent or a new skill. It will feel better.