Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the TBC-through-WoD PvP gearing system because an alt was never too far off of being extremely competitive in battlegrounds. Now, to be at the top of the battleground power curve you've just got to be exceptionally geared in general, which takes way more effort than a few days dedicated to battlegrounds to get Near-BiS with just a bit of arena farm for full BiS for PvP. I used to spend more than half of my time on this game playing random bgs on alts that I'd get geared in honor gear but now I barely even bother to do them on my main because I'm not able to be at the top of the PvP power gear curve with just random BGs. Somebody who only gets gear from BGs is just fodder for anybody who does any remotely high level PvE content.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    But at least you wouldn't get obliterated by outgeared but unskilled players.
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Which is really bad in a skill based content, people should get skill instead of getting gear, that's how it should be in PvP.
    and this

Idea of gear progression in PvP should be scrapped completely for this game to be somehow someday see fun and balanced enviroment. Even relatively small (for instance 5%ish) differences of given character output can mean a world of difference especially in 1v1 situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Lately (partly in Legion and definitely in BfA) there is simply no reason for me to do random BGs, and I used to do them a LOT before. There is just no carrot whatsoever, be it cosmetics, gear or the feeling of dominance. In Legion you had the Honor to grind at least, in BfA the honor amount earned compared to what’s needed is so stupidly low that’s not worth it either anymore.
    Well, I enjoyed the crap out of random BGs even when there litterally was no/close to no real "rewards" off that. So long as its fun... people will do it. The moment it stopps being fun... it becomes a chore, nevermind the rewards. PvP stopped being fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    For me the sense of badassery when you were as good as you could possibly be barring skill in random BGs and was therefore a force to be reckoned with vastly outdid the sense of wimpyness you felt before you reached that point, and was always something that made the BGs give that sense of progression PvP so sorely lacks outside of ratings these days.
    I always felt more "badass" when I was defeating people that had perfect chances of beating me. Beating people that didn't stand a chance in the first place always felt scummy AF.
    Besides people lacking gear usually also lacked the skill, so it very much double dipped.
    Also the situation of being undergeared was not quite fairly distributed among the classes where even as green geared rogue or hunter you could do something usefull in rBG where as a healer or caster that gets focused and shut down easily was a dead weight, mostly completely useless.

As for the disproportions of healers in BGs... wouldn't it just be easier and justified to have a system that actually keeps teams in a fair spot composition wise?
    I mean I endured too many WSGs with 4-6 healers to close an eye on this. Its broken, retarded and unfun for both sides.

I miss battlegroups and seeing more peopel from my same server in battlegrounds. Also no mercs. It felt a lot more personal running into the same people.
    Working on my next ban.

I mean they took away systems that felt very organized and replaced them with the clutter we have now. In WoD and before: Log in, spam some bgs, buy some gear with currency. Now it’s: Log in, do a warfront or some arenas and hope/pray for good titanforges+sockets.

The benthic gear in 8.2 is a good step forward because it’s 1 step closer to a currency gearing system. They can add the upgrade system from MoP to replace titanforging so people don’t quit when they’re done gearing and have more goals to work towards. Would be much more enjoyable imo than what we have now.

So yeah, I miss that for sure. I was pretty casual in WoD (barely finished normal raids) so I spent a lot of time doing random bgs for pvp gear. It felt really good as a gearing system. It was an obvious increase in character progression because you could set goals and reach them. It was also just really fun to do bgs and buy shit with currency, that’s my preferred system in most mmorpgs. I miss the currency upgrading system we had in MoP as well considering titanforging is what replaced it.

Titanforging removed, vendors/currency added back and ilvl upgrades through currency added back would be my ideal version of gearing in both pvp and pve. At least compared to what we have now.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-06-13 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I mean they took away systems that felt very organized and replaced them with the clutter we have now. In WoD and before: Log in, spam some bgs, buy some gear with currency. Now it’s: Log in, do a warfront or some arenas and hope/pray for good titanforges+sockets.
    Actually theres more as doing both hi end PvE AND PVP is the only path for "BiS" gear. This game used to be pretty damn relaxed about whole grinding. Not its mad.
    Also WoD titanforging system felt the best.