Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Worst suggestion for a fix I've ever seen here.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Worst suggestion for a fix I've ever seen here.
    If you have a better one, you're welcome to share it with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Enable 2 talents per row, instead of 1 + enable PvP talents inside dungeons and raids. Shouldn't cause a class imbalance since all can do the same and it would give players a more interesting and fun game play rotation.

Is Blizzard {removed} for not having thought of this, and instead trying to come up with new ways and {removed} at it? Can't find a better explanation other than {removed}.

Edit: I know this is not enough to truly fix BfA, as this has nothing to do with content, but GAMEPLAY is what makes or breaks it IMHO. Maybe for more content, they could just scale the whole world including raids and dungeons to max level as an option to turn on for challenge and rewards or off for the ability to faceroll solo old content.

Edit: Felt sorry for all the awesome devs working at Blizz and removed the negativity! Love this game!
    Wow, what a great solution. Thanks for fixing BFA i guess?

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo whole idea of PVP talents is just horrbile. This make no sense for me at all. Why do my class could use some traits or abilities only vs other player ? Just remove all those dumb PVP talents and made talents great again.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    DISCLAIMER: Full on opinion down yonder. If you get offended by people disagreeing with you, just stop here.

Talents are useless.
    Here, pick 1 of 3 things that may or may not affect anything you do on a regular basis, change dto pick 2 of 3? Meh, just more passives (yawn) or suddenly some specs become godlike.
    Cool balance, guess we gotta neuter them so picking 1 and 2 isn't so much better than 1 and 3 or 2 and 3. Meh.

Even the old trees wouldn't help a damn thing.
    What, spending 5 points to get +5% crit? So immersive.
    Picking talents I don't want to get to the ones I do? Stellar.

Some classes simply play like horseshit, which is why I and most of my raid team got bored.
    It's not the content; BoD was pretty fun actually.
    Dungeons are what they are, about middle of the road as far as design and such.
    But playing some classes just...yuck.

How to fix quickly in a patch?
    Remove the CD/GCD change so several specs aren't clunky and ugly to play.
    - Too many specs have dead time in their rotations that break the flow, just feels bad.
    Give Legion artifact abilities to all specs BASELINE, then add back the talent they took away to fit it on talent rows, where applicable.
    - These were crucial for some, nice to have for others, and rounded out rotations while making playing more fun.

Those two alone are minor implementations.
    Would balance get haywire? Maybe.
    Is it haywire now? Yarp.
    Does it feel like "more talents" to some whose artifact ability is a talent already? Probably.
    But most specs are a mess, spending multiple GCDs in their rotation doing nothing because they need to activate more crit, like "FURIOUS ATTACKS WOOOOO .... hold please ... OK MORE FURIOUS ATTACKS WOOO".
    It didn't slow gameplay, it made it clunky.

I mean, the story is still awful, but there's really no fixing that.
    Warfronts and IEs fell flat, but *maybe* heroic Warfronts can be a fun organized activity (instead of the LFR snoozefest they are today).
    But it won't matter if they made them the best content ever if people feel awkward playing their favorite class.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Exactly. The talents before were more MMO-like, and were even more exciting, because you could upgrade them each level.
    No they were not.

Yay +3% spell damage.... Wow.. Exciting

It's easy making 1min fixes if you don't really care to think about
    "shouldn't be unbalanced because everyone can do the same" when it comes talent picks...what the fuck is that retarded sentence?

If so the game is perfectly balanced because everyone have same amount of talents to pick... Game is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It's easy making 1min fixes if you don't really care to think about
    "shouldn't be unbalanced because everyone can do the same" when it comes talent picks...what the fuck is that retarded sentence?

If so the game is perfectly balanced because everyone have same amount of talents to pick... Game is fixed.
    Balance is not an issue at the moment, we can talk about that when that becomes an issue. The problem is how boring the gameplay is. Have a better suggestion? Do share!

Well... i really loved that legendary ring in Legion that let me have 2 talents in the same row.

I'm gonna be honest, that would totally work for me. I dunno if it would fix others problems, but it sure would make classes more fun to play.

Classic trees are not interesting what so ever. There's so much garbage in those trees and cookie cutter is cookie cutter, if you want to do anything meaningful in classic cookies are the only way, if you want to fuck around fine, but that's only for that.

There's 2 things in the classic trees the choice of if you go down this row you won't get that from over there. Basically what exists in the current talents, if you pick this you won't get that. It is the exact same thing, whether you get pick up 1% crit and 0,5% parry and some other nonsense on the way is irrelevant.

The other thing is actually getting a talent point to spend every level, it's the fact that you have a thing you click to place somewhere, but most of the choices don't make it interesting, only that point of putting it somewhere. Which could be achieved in retail without filling up old trees full of stat boosting garbage.

Implement the level squish and add few more rows of meaningful talents( things that actually change gameplay whether it's active ability or passive), and on top add a system to morph existing abilities. Every level doesn't need a reward or alternating system of 3 where every 3rd level you get a talent point to spend, every other 3rd level you gain a unlock a new ability from baseline and every third 3rd you gain a morph point to change what a baseline ability does, squish the levels so that 50 is the new cap or 15. Spread normal talents along the way and morph talents between. What morphing does is it gives existing abilities another choice in to them, basically abilities will have their own talent trees, where they become "enhanced" versions of them via 2 choices.
    Make every class only start with auto attack at level 0 and limit the core dps rotations at baseline to max 4-5 buttons variation can occur we all love 1 button spams on too ( and complexity over 4-5 can be added more via active/passive talent choices) at max level including a major cd, everything else is utility and on demand abilities.

Then for first time players, like seriously first time wow players enhance their journey, by tripling the xp needed for max level.
    Then boost heirloom xp bonus by 500%, so that existing max levels can level their alts in 1/4th or faster of that time.

Then remove all gear based progression from the game and make it character based instead.
    No azerite traits, no tier set bonuses, no nothing.
    You gain stat points as you level, either making you stronger by levels or active distribution where you decide which stat you want to boost up.
    Number don't sky rocket at any point. HP is same baseline for all 100 hp at level 0 and max level.
    Character power builds up with levels and some more minor gain at max level via prestige or paragon like system, but it's a fraction power gain compared to regular levels.
    Numbers remain small, pvp is easier to balance across the map since hp is standard for all.
    Only thing that can then exist in gears are 'on use' or proc based trinket items and same for enchants proc or 'on use' enchants.
    Making trinkets basically extra abilities active or passive based on 'proc or on-use', they just are loot based rather than character based.
    Same thing for enchants, but they are not class based abilities but profession based shared by all classes, via professions.
    There's no other stats in gear and it's cosmetic at best. Characters beneath the gear get all the progression mechanics from the game.
    Removing the stupid treadmill of resetting gear every patch from the game.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2019-06-14 at 01:35 PM.

Enable 2 talents per row, instead of 1 + enable PvP talents inside dungeons and raids. Shouldn't cause a class imbalance since all can do the same and it would give players a more interesting and fun game play rotation.

Is Blizzard {removed} for not having thought of this, and instead trying to come up with new ways and {removed} at it? Can't find a better explanation other than {removed}.

Edit: I know this is not enough to truly fix BfA, as this has nothing to do with content, but GAMEPLAY is what makes or breaks it IMHO. Maybe for more content, they could just scale the whole world including raids and dungeons to max level as an option to turn on for challenge and rewards or off for the ability to faceroll solo old content.

Edit: Felt sorry for all the awesome devs working at Blizz and removed the negativity! Love this game!
    A better and faster fix wold be to revert back to legion and delete bfa.

Balance is not an issue at the moment, we can talk about that when that becomes an issue. The problem is how boring the gameplay is. Have a better suggestion? Do share!
    If I don't have a better suggestion, it's not an argument that yours is good.
    You retracted and said it's now of no concern when it comes to balance which is different from the sentence in the OP.

5+ Year Old Account
    This thread was more constructive than I was expecting but actually doesn't solve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    That would fix almost nothing I have a problem with. Unless they add my artifact ability as a pvp talent.

I wouldn't do the argent tournament grind again with a gun to my head.
    i said classes and skills. Not world content

10+ Year Old Account

Wouldn't fix the game, would make it more wonky.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    This is perfect fix.

Alt + F4.

We really needed one more thread like this

BFA is completely rotten at its core, NOTHING is going to fix it. It requires some RADICAL changes and I doubt Blizz is going to do that. They rather keep the few Thousand Subs they have left, that only farm Transmog and Mounts 24/7 happy.

How to fix Bfa in 1 minute
    rd C:\World of Warcraft\_retail_ /S /Q

(this will fix it permanently)

If people just played more gnomes. That would fix the community.