Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    So far nobody seems to have clicked the link or read the article lol?
    Is liveleak.com blocked in France?

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    What's far right in Europe is not always so in America. I'd say you may be able to find Red State Democrats with similar rhetoric. You know, the ones that have to keep proving they're tough and half their campaign videos show them shooting their guns.

So she'd be in the republican party, maybe in the far right part.

Yet, she believes in free health care and many other social benefits which would make her a far left wing democrat.

Sort of interesting.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Man, that is downright Kafkaesque. A nation is beset by people that want the residents of the nation dead or forcibly converted and the crime is showing what that looks like in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post

Yet, she believes in free health care and many other social benefits which would make her a far left wing democrat.

Sort of interesting.
    Her only concern (as is it with alot of far-right European politicians) is their racist views. The promises of great healthcare and help for the elderly is only something to spiff her racist shit so it'll appeal to more (yeah she hates muslims but she'll increase our pension payouts!), and where would she find the money to increase payouts? well by kicking out all the "leeching" immigrants, so it makes sense for the simple-minded.

Your Trump is also a racist shitbag who's also got the motive of making a buck on his presidency it seems. He's also selling himself with promises left and right, jobs for coal-miners etc. etc. It's lies to win voters for his true agenda.

In the end her policies of tax-paid healthcare is nowhere near the crazy ideas the far-left would suggest. The far-left in Europe has suggestions such as taking over private companies and make the workers the owners of the company, which going forward should run the company through an employee based democracy, yes it's /Facepalm worthy.

Remember this the next time you somehow think that Nazi's are "left wing" orientated.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2019-06-13 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    "A nation is beset..." nice scaremongering there.
    Beset:
    (of a problem or difficulty) trouble or threaten persistently.
    Wiki for France terror attacks since 2000 link
    Do you disagree with the verbiage or is it just improper to notice that France has a bit of a problem with people that want the French dead or converted?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Speaking of cause and effect:

Difference is, in Europe people are educated and don't fall for the obvious bullshit people everywhere else around the world fall for.

Marine Le Pen doesn't care about immigration. She cares about her political career and money. She cares about her bank account. Fearmongering about immigrants is just a way to achieve those. Immigration won't stop when you elect far right wing politicians to office, because immigration is the lifeblood of the sacred cow called the economy. Yes, even unskilled unemployed immigrants keep the economy afloat by making the market expand.
    It's funny how you think immigration has to come from those countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Anyone standing for Charlie Hebdo should consider standing for Le Pen... but damn, she made her bed.
    Nope.

Charlie Hebdo is about putting everybody's nose in their own shit of paradoxes. Satire and such.

Le Pen is about inciting hate to further her political career.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrundi View Post
    Nope.

Charlie Hebdo is about putting everybody's nose in their own shit of paradoxes. Satire and such.

I admit to knowing little of Frances politics besides the amusing yellow vests. Is she lying or is this another case of hate facts making people uncomfortable?

Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    I admit to knowing little of Frances politics besides the amusing yellow vests. Is she lying or is this another case of hate facts making people uncomfortable?
    She's not lying, but that's not the issue. She is not simply stating what happened.
    She did share the gore content (ie photos/videos of beheading and such), which is the issue. And is/would be with anybody no matter what agenda is being pushed by such publications.
    Not that she is silenced because she tells uncomfortable truths or whatever victimization card she may pull.

Now ofc we can discuss the pertinence of this (still, if she's dragged to court, it's the law, and she knows it. Or she's inapt as a politician

But I don't see why broadcasting gore content on twitter (aren't there platform rules to prevent this, too ?) should be a good thing.
    Not to hide the truth bullshit. But you don't need an image to tell that so and so have been executed and that's it's horrible.

Nope.

Yeah, that's about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Man, that is downright Kafkaesque. A nation is beset by people that want the residents of the nation dead or forcibly converted and the crime is showing what that looks like in practice.
    Not like she runs a racist political party right? Oh wait...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post

Sort of interesting.
    There is nothing "far left" about health care and benefits, in the rest of the world the issues aren't polarizing.

She's not lying, but that's not the issue. She is not simply stating what happened.
    She did share the gore content (ie photos/videos of beheading and such), which is the issue. And is/would be with anybody no matter what agenda is being pushed by such publications.
    Not that she is silenced because she tells uncomfortable truths or whatever victimization card she may pull.

Now ofc we can discuss the pertinence of this (still, if she's dragged to court, it's the law, and she knows it. Or she's inapt as a politician

But I don't see why broadcasting gore content on twitter (aren't there platform rules to prevent this, too ?) should be a good thing.
    Not to hide the truth bullshit. But you don't need an image to tell that so and so have been executed and that's it's horrible.
    I don't know if I agree with this. I think our culture of trying to sterilize the information we receive plays a large part in how apathetic people are. Its one thing to tell a person about a execution another to show them it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Consider how many mass murderers were inspired by how broadly televised others were. Violence begets violence and in a world were our youth is trained from a young age to be desperate for attention, any form of fame will be sought after. By broadcasting ISIS you are both doing their work AND possibly radicalizing islamophobes who may target honest Muslims just going about their lives (and in France, honest Muslims whose countries the French destroyed and people they tortured and are now trying to live their lives).
    That said, as much as I detest FN and loathe how successful Le Pen has been at obfuscating the bigotry that lies at the roots and heart of her party, they are NOT comparable to ISIS and trying to make such a comparison is defamation. And she has a right to try to defend her name because it's just not in the same level of evil that ISIS is. But giving a stage to ISIS is not the best way to do it.
    Do you feel the same way about publishing the action of white nastionalits or nasiz groups? As in, does showing those events created more nazis and encourage folks to attack innocent white folks?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Where is the evidence that she is inciting violence through those tweets? It might make sense if she supported ISIS but obviously she doesn't and being anti-ISIS doesn't incite violence or harm human dignity.

If it's something as violent as what ISIS does, sure.
    So the video of the car driving into the crowd of protesters in charlottesville seems kinda like an ISIS thing right? you think that should never have been shown to the public?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Where is the evidence that she is inciting violence through those tweets? It might make sense if she supported ISIS but obviously she doesn't and being anti-ISIS doesn't incite violence or harm human dignity.
    Such evidence would be in a trial i would think?

Though if she is convicted she should, imo and if possible, try to get it tested as a violation of article 10 of the ECHR. On general principle. How far are countries allowed to restrict the freedom of expression kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Such evidence would be in a trial i would think?

Though if she is convicted she should, imo and if possible, try to get it tested as a violation of article 10 of the ECHR. On general principle. How far are countries allowed to restrict the freedom of expression kind of thing.
    I don't see how there could be any evidence besides the tweets themselves unless they bring in witnesses who testify that they are part of a long pattern of attempting to incite violence against Muslims. That is still circumstantial evidence. I also don't know anything about European law.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't see how there could be any evidence besides the tweets themselves unless they bring in witnesses who testify that they are part of a long pattern of attempting to incite violence against Muslims. That is still circumstantial evidence. I also don't know anything about European law.
    I am no lawyer. I am assuming that one cannot convict people without proving the allegation true

My comment on the European Convention on Human Rights is more based on that i think we need a clearer definition of wether article 10 has any meaning left. Especially in an environment were it looks like almost everyone wants to silence everyone else on some ground

Consider how many mass murderers were inspired by how broadly televised others were. Violence begets violence and in a world were our youth is trained from a young age to be desperate for attention, any form of fame will be sought after. By broadcasting ISIS you are both doing their work AND possibly radicalizing islamophobes who may target honest Muslims just going about their lives (and in France, honest Muslims whose countries the French destroyed and people they tortured and are now trying to live their lives).
    That said, as much as I detest FN and loathe how successful Le Pen has been at obfuscating the bigotry that lies at the roots and heart of her party, they are NOT comparable to ISIS and trying to make such a comparison is defamation. And she has a right to try to defend her name because it's just not in the same level of evil that ISIS is. But giving a stage to ISIS is not the best way to do it.
    I am afraid that at least to me that seems rather close to insanity. Portraying the evil of the world for what it is does not grant it strength...