Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Wasn't it just a few lines that got changed? Hardly ruins the game.

Did i use the word ruin or did i use the word change which you just confirmed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Ok, so they're not dead naming in the credits...and? Does this impact the game itself? Does anyone really read all the credits for a game anyways?

As with the criticism of the Cyberpunk marketing, this seems grossly overblown.
    Theyre also changing lines. Like, youre moving the goalpost of “just ignore them they dont affect anything” to “soooooo its just a few things”

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Theyre also changing lines. Like, youre moving the goalpost of “just ignore them they dont affect anything” to “soooooo its just a few things”
    This is better taken to DM's if you want to continue this conversation as it's straying off-topic. Let's not get this thread off-topic by discussing other games too much, happy to keep chatting over DM.

Did i use the word ruin or did i use the word change which you just confirmed?
    Everybody who has brought up the deadnaming thing seems to certainly act as if the change ruins it. Figured by the way you phrased the comment you share that mindset.

More OT:

Apparently, you will be able to play as trans and non-binary in Cyberpunk. Neat.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2019-06-14 at 07:33 PM.

Like what, in Catherine? The western version hasn't come out, and I'm unaware of any confirmed changes in response to criticism.
    Well the Catherine shit if it go's down like what people are expecting based on the VAs comments is pretty big. It's not just the dead naming in credits which no one gives AF about but the fact Vincent is supposed to be a flawed character not an high standard of morals.

In the OG Catherine Vincent makes rude comments to the trans character on multiple occasions- and he's supposed to. He's not supposed to be some perfect nice guy. If they change these they are directly changing the character and even the point of the entire story and character development with him.

So yea... that would be a pretty big deal if it happens. Games like Cyberpunk and Catherine should keep their vision. Not every character or idea portrayed in the game is going to be rainbows and unicorns- bad shit happens and bad shit is part of artistic visions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Everybody who has brought up the deadnaming thing seems to certainly act as if the change ruins it. Figured by the way you phrased the comment you share that mindset.
    I would be just as peeved if a movie had a gay mc and screechers got it changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Games like Cyberpunk and Catherine should keep their vision.
    Except the criticism for Cyberpunk seems more focused on their marketing rather than the game itself from what I've seen, no? So if anything did change, it would just be how CDPR approaches their marketing for the game, not anything within the game itself.

Except the criticism for Cyberpunk seems more focused on their marketing rather than the game itself from what I've seen, no? So if anything did change, it would just be how CDPR approaches their marketing for the game, not anything within the game itself.
    I mean I guess you could say it only effects marketing lol, but a major part is the fake marketing inside the game. Do you not see the shit storm over that in game advertisement which people are jumping to conclusions about?

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-20...ys-the-artist/

I mean I guess you could say it only effects marketing lol, but a major part is the fake marketing inside the game. Do you not see the shit storm over that in game advertisement which people are jumping to conclusions about?

>Massive real life corp using your identity to sell products and turning your life style into a sellable commodity
    WOOO Happy pride month yall!
    >Video game does it as a story telling device
    F U C K I N T R A N S P H O B E

Yes, and IMO it's a tempest in a teacup. Most of this drama flairs up for a day/week and then disappears once the next outrage or two hits and folks move on and forget.

IMO it's a fair point if some out-of-context in-game advertising makes it into marketing materials, folks don't know the what's/why's, and given the issues with the historical portrayal of the trans community it's fair that a lot of folks are concerned that it will continue in Cyberpunk. But again, because there's no context surrounding that image to help folks understand why it exists.

Do I think this is largely an overreaction, personally? Absolutely. But I can understand where a lot of these folks are coming from, and I'm looking forward to CDPR launching an awesome game that folks enjoy, where they hopefully handle these topics well and people end up looking foolish for their earlier raging.

7+ Year Old Account
    What are "most"? I've seen a handful of articles, but again...so what? Has drama like this ever actually impacted your decision to purchase a game you're interested in? They're welcome to their opinions, and at least for me, if I think they're dumb/disagree with them I generally will give them a read but not put much stock in them.

Folks that hate "SJW's" sure seem to spend a lot of time paying attention to and talking about them. Not sure why, seems like it's just another headache and unnecessary time/effort following this stuff.
    It's all about hate clicks. Peeps post dumb shit to cause outrage and get attention, and then the opposite does it as well with covering that.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-06-14 at 08:07 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It's all about hate clicks. Peeps post dumb shit to cause outrage and get attention, and then the opposite does it as well with covering that.
    Its also to “expose” them to put pressure on the devs/publisher to change it since these activists align themselves with resetera.

Yep, drama drives clicks, so media are going to cover what drives traffic, and consequently ad revenue, so they can keep the lights on and pay their staff (who are largely paid jack shit to begin with). It sucks, but it's the natural consequence of purely ad-revenue driven media. There's a financial incentive to cover garbage just because it drives clicks, and minimal financial incentive to do things like huge deep dives on games as those both take FAR more time and often drive far less traffic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Welp, looks like CDPR is working on implementing a transgender option. I'm afraid we will see more outrage going on. Also they spotted this in-game poster:
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Transgender and gender neutral. Just more gender options for players, which has largely received a positive reception from what I've seen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Transgender and gender neutral. Just more gender options for players, which has largely received a positive reception from what I've seen.
    I wonder if its faithful to the source material. They augment peeps willy-nilly, gender swap shouldn't be too hard.

But we have unstable individuals, who got assm@d when a game has female protagonist, so they will be flippin shit. Fortunately it's a smaaaaaal minority. This game and this dev have too much hype and good press. W/e shit they will try to throw, it won't stick.

This game and this dev have too much hype and good press. W/e shit they will try to throw, it won't stick.
    Pretty much, especially after Keanu functionally won E3 for them : P

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if its faithful to the source material. They augment peeps willy-nilly, gender swap shouldn't be too hard.

But we have unstable individuals, who got assm@d when a game has female protagonist, so they will be flippin shit. Fortunately it's a smaaaaaal minority. This game and this dev have too much hype and good press. W/e shit they will try to throw, it won't stick.
    I mean thats what im hoping, but i dont underestimate reeeeeeeeeesetera

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean thats what im hoping, but i dont underestimate reeeeeeeeeesetera
    From what I see, outrage game journalism sites are going down. Kotaku got sold with major loss, some big site (Vox?) closed it's gaming sections etc. I think peeps are tired of mixing agendas and politics with gaming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Sadly this is how it works nowadays, I just wonder for how long... publishing such trash over and over is bound to affect their reputation, and there are reports that some of these websites are already losing traffic possibly over such bullshit strategies.
    Like I said in the previous post, those sites are loosing traffic, and some are getting closed. I think it may also be a general shift from journalism to YouTube/Twitch for gaming info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honest question, but how are they going to tell the difference in a video game?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity