Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Interesting how you'll always seem to say whatever you can to deflect any criticism at people who happen to be black.
    None of that is actually a deflection of criticism, a deflection of attention sure but not criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    so you just have some bull shit theory.

- - - Updated - - -

no group is being blamed for the actions of another.

police/community degradation is built upon by both sides the question is rather either side will take steps to try and course correct. as it is now the police have pushed things further into ruin with things like the war on drugs and some less then legit shootings. instead of actually looking at the problem that lead to break downs like riots people want to just blame criminals even though the problem isn't limited to the criminal element and instead effects the whole community the police have to interact with.

police need to have a level of trust and respect within the community they operate to avoid things like this. steps can be taken by both sides to help build that but neither want to take those steps.
    Do you think the scale is balanced or are you willing to admit that criminals cause a LOT more death and damage than police?
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    None of that is actually a deflection of criticism, a deflection of attention sure but not criticism.
    Congratulations on your post that changes absolutely nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black lives matter hurr durr we waz kangs etc obviously this is the evil white man at fault once again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Do you think the scale is balanced or are you willing to admit that criminals cause a LOT more death and damage than police?
    Yes they cause more death/damaged but this isn’t about that it’s about community police relations and the degradation of them. A criminal causing deaths isn’t gonna to make a riot happen but many of the things the police have done to lose trust can and will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Congratulations on your post that changes absolutely nothing.
    So just like every post on here?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Why don't you organize it? Get your left wing buddies together and donate YOUR pay. Lead by example. I do not want to be taxed for UBI. Let the bums riot and be dealt with.
    It doesn't matter what YOU want. If society wants UBI, we will get it. Ya know, we're a democracy. If you want a different form of government, perhaps you should move to Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Black lives matter hurr durr we waz kangs etc obviously this is the evil white man at fault once again.
    So instead of trying to understand the issue revert to racist jokes?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    Well I have a helpful solution to this problem!

It's almost like we have a system in place for dealing with people who break the law. Cops are suppose to arrest people, not be judge, jury, and executioner.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Cops are suppose to arrest people, not be judge, jury, and executioner.
    And citizens are not supposed to break the law.

Reality is often disappointing
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    And citizens are not supposed to break the law.

Reality is often disappointing
    1 is supposedly held to a higher standard. As you said reality (police) is often disappointing.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    The police and criminals have always had an adversarial relationship.

I like how you place all the blame on the cops and not the people dealing drugs, assaulting people, shooting people, stealing, destroying property, etc, etc, etc. As if the adversarial relationship started because of the police, ROFL!
    So true, I am not a fan of our legal system because of the parasitic level they have fallen to but so many black people in the ghetto have a vicious attitude towards anybody that would require them to be honest in society. This is what keeps some minorities down and until they go the other direction they will continue to be discriminated against.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    typical crap they will spew that's all irrelevant to the actually shooting
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    To most people these communities are the epitome of irrationality. Not only are they rioting and destroying their own neighborhoods, but they are also doing it for unjustified reasons seeing as how most of these incidents turn out to be the legal and justified use of police force.

I don't understand why the black community keeps doing this. They are making themselves look terrible and losing support of wider society. Why were the civil rights protests effective--they were both non-violent and justified. The US was 75%+ white during the civil rights era and to enact change civil rights leaders like MLK Jr. understood that they needed to convince a majority of white people that the discrimination against minorities was immoral and they succeeded because they were clear in their obvious grievances and non-violent. Violence, even justified violence, is looked down upon as a means to force societal change in a democratic state and unjustified violence is especially frowned upon.

While the US has had large demographic changes since then, the black community is still a minority and needs to convince the wider society that their problems either economically or with police need to be addressed and they are doing a terrible job convincing with this type of behavior.
    Even when the black community protest non-violently, people still have a problem with it. And it's not all black people behaving violently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    typical crap they will spew that's all irrelevant to the actually shooting
    What Typical crap? The news seems to be reporting stuff about the guy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Yes, but much to the sorrow of do nothing's like yourself it isn't law. Once again... take some of the money your mom gives you and donate it to some UBI go fund me... lead by example.
    and what will you do if it is? also my mom doesn't pay me nothing but good job making yourself look foolish.
    you also didn't address the point. so i restated it again.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2019-06-15 at 04:12 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Still don't know why we have to shoot people when there are non-lethal alternatives available to incapacitate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Still don't know why we have to shoot people when there are non-lethal alternatives available to incapacitate.
    the police actually have non lethal riot gear here......
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll need video before I cast my vote.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    Yeah but everyone wants to be knocked out no one wants to be dead. That is why one is a effective deterrent the other less so.

Though this is rather off topic.
    >everyone wants to be knocked out

No...? Especially not the hacking and coughing and burning eyes of tear gas, the serious bruises from bean-bags and rubber bullets, the serious pain of tasers, broken teeth or bones from batons, being knocked on your ass and freezing from water cannons, or being riddled with god-damn splinters.

You're right, people LESS want to be dead, but none of those things are good either.