Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    ! I was SO happy when I saw I could select the beta stress test on my client again... Been checking every day to see if I got beta. Then I went here and found out It was only so I could uninstall it.... Biggest letdown of my life. eurgh, my day is good and ruined now. The sadness is real.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    This is exactly why they will launch the patch the week of the 25th. Blizzard LOVES to push updates the same time their competition releases them. They will want to fight the FFXIV Shadowbringers early access with an 8.2 launch.

Otherwise they're looking at July 2nd which is a no-go because you wouldn't have much staff around that week to fix any potential issues. Waiting until the 8th gives FFXIV too much time to get attention.

It's totally going to be the 25th.
    Better than seeing 50% of players using only the water strider at all times. It killed mount variety in the world. This fixes that. I don't like seeing water-striders everywhere, I like mounts being more cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Yup we can fly, but we don't need go anywhere.
    dont need to fly to come post garbage on the forums!

18/19th patch day. Its about time!

Quote Originally Posted by dhru2 View Post
    Too little, too late. Even after the patch you cannot fly for 3-4 weeks and it will be a daily grind to earn it... I should use that 3-4 weeks to rest and enjoy the summer.
    QFT. I don't think i'll renew my sub even for the summer and most likely won't come back after summer because I won't have a raid spot anymore and I'll be too far behind to catch up.

Release dates of patches in BfA just made a weak expansion even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    So? Then don't get them, if looks mean nothing to you. They look different, so they are still distinguishable from other mounts.
    And don't worry; you can attach the water walking item to all your mounts but still keep changing to the old water walking mounts whenever you want to run over a patch of water. Enjoy <3
    I think he meant that in order to restore the strider to what it was, it must use up an entire mount equipment slot that could otherwise be used for something else. Switching mounts at the water's edge was never really an issue for me. Swapping the equipment out seems far more distracting

Now the question is whether it means the patch will be out next week or the week after.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Now the question is whether it means the patch will be out next week or the week after.
    It's 25th June. Otherwise patch or season release would collide with 4th July week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It's 25th June. Otherwise patch or season release would collide with 4th July week.
    July 8th, June 25th is in the middle of the Midsummer Fire Festival ingame event.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardedfreak View Post
    July 8th, June 25th is in the middle of the Midsummer Fire Festival ingame event.
    ..and?

/10ch

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    One thing being overlooked....They already said there will be a 2 week end of season announcement, which has yet to occur..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tevaran View Post
    One thing being overlooked....They already said there will be a 2 week end of season announcement, which has yet to occur..
    Not always the case, if you read the first page it is mentioned that they announced 7.2, 5 days before it went live and 7.3, 6 days before it went live..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Not always the case, if you read the first page it is mentioned that they announced 7.2, 5 days before it went live and 7.3, 6 days before it went live..
    Yea but they were churning out content in legion. Here they are taking their sweet time doubling the gaps between content drops almost. I have a strong suspicion we wont get 8.2 till the week of july 8th because of how long its taken.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tevaran View Post
    You mean this?

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    While this is very true they did announce a date for end of season 1....it is assumption at this point but pvp has always been on a 25 week cycle for seasons...that would put 8.2 july 16th...i for one hope its sooner but not getting hopes up at this point...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Better than seeing 50% of players using only the water strider at all times. It killed mount variety in the world. This fixes that. I don't like seeing water-striders everywhere, I like mounts being more cosmetic.
    Except you see far more sky golems than you ever do water striders.

Striders are ONLY seen in abundance on 'gasp' WATER.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I do mythic, im just done and over with bfd.
    Again, once you are done with this content in a month or so you will be back complaining for more content. Blizzard has conditioned many in this player base to need an endless and constant stream of content to keep them satisfied and content. I am not sure how many of these types of people will be able to handle playing Classic WoW in the coming months. God forbid they will forever have to play the exact same content over and over again until their eyes bleed.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2019-06-15 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reacher View Post
    I think he meant that in order to restore the strider to what it was, it must use up an entire mount equipment slot that could otherwise be used for something else. Switching mounts at the water's edge was never really an issue for me. Swapping the equipment out seems far more distracting
    You only put the ability in the slot on your mount select page and it applies for all your mounts until it is replaced, but who is going to replace it? At least that's how it worked in beta. If you have a water strider you get mailed the water-walking glyph in the mail so you don't have to buy/make one. Unless something changes between now and launch.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    So by this logic, even the Sky Golem should not be the only mount that is capable of herb farming as well. The Striders have and had but one purpose, the fact that the lazy people refused to farm out the necessary rep or coins to get one of them speaks volumes about the player base in this game. I use the Strider to cross water ways, then switch back to to a ground mount on dry land, if I am flying then I am literally using neither to cross land or water. So by this same logic, any and all mounts that can be used for flying also can have the same claims strapped to them in saying flying mounts killed any variety with the use of ground mounts. By the way, I see far more Sky Golem running around than I do Striders in the world, so your post literally does not hold water, pundit intended.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2019-06-15 at 04:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Theres a lot of speculation for what date it will be released and each has a good reason for why it could be that date. From what I have heard, the 18th/19th is likely because Method and Limit are both going to be doing large stream events for the mythic race and they will need to know when the raid will be released so they can plan it all, therefore, they know the patch release already. Someone from limit (dunno who, a friend told me) claimed very confidently on stream that it would be released on the 18th/19th.

I would have thought the 25th/26th would be when it gets released, but that conflicts with the Midsummer holiday and apparently, they never release a patch midway through a holiday, making the 18th/19th again more likely.

The 2nd/3rd is when FFXIV expansion gets released, what better way to keep players from jumping games by releasing the patch when the expasion gets released, although this is very close to the 4th July. If something goes tits up in the game, noones gonna be around to deal with it during the week.

That leaves the 9th/10th, which imo is too long away, but does Darkmoon Faire count as a holiday event?