Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I do mythic, im just done and over with bfd.
    yeah... BFD was great
    but sadly CoS was too short (which is fine if....) it was also too hard for the items it gave. its only a few ilvl over BoD while being harder then the hardest boss in BFA.
    so CoS really wasnt worth doing more then once...
    BFD needed to end about a month and a half a month ago, if CoS had more ilvl, or was easier it would be fine but its not so.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Strikeywikey View Post
    Theres a lot of speculation for what date it will be released and each has a good reason for why it could be that date. From what I have heard, the 18th/19th is likely because Method and Limit are both going to be doing large stream events for the mythic race and they will need to know when the raid will be released so they can plan it all, therefore, they know the patch release already. Someone from limit (dunno who, a friend told me) claimed very confidently on stream that it would be released on the 18th/19th.

I would have thought the 25th/26th would be when it gets released, but that conflicts with the Midsummer holiday and apparently, they never release a patch midway through a holiday, making the 18th/19th again more likely.

The 2nd/3rd is when FFXIV expansion gets released, what better way to keep players from jumping games by releasing the patch when the expasion gets released, although this is very close to the 4th July. If something goes tits up in the game, noones gonna be around to deal with it during the week.

That leaves the 9th/10th, which imo is too long away, but does Darkmoon Faire count as a holiday event?
    Well then they better hurry announcing it, 3 days till the 18th. I wouldn't mind it, though it feels unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    whats this about loosening Tmog rules?

I don't seem to remember it.
    They're expanding the number of slots that you can hide. You'll be able to hide all slots except the pants. (Which is really odd considering players can just unequip their gear or use a toy like Moroes' Famous Polish to show their undies.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    So by this logic, even the Sky Golem should not be the only mount that is capable of herb farming as well. The Striders have and had but one purpose, the fact that the lazy people refused to farm out the necessary rep or coins to get one of them speaks volumes about the player base in this game. I use the Strider to cross water ways, then switch back to to a ground mount on dry land, if I am flying then I am literally using neither to cross land or water. So by this same logic, any and all mounts that can be used for flying also can have the same claims strapped to them in saying flying mounts killed any variety with the use of ground mounts. By the way, I see far more Sky Golem running around than I do Striders in the world, so your post literally does not hold water, pundit intended.
    ^ This person gets it.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    Again, once you are done with this content in a month or so you will be back complaining for more content. Blizzard has conditioned many in this player base to need an endless and constant stream of content to keep them satisfied and content. I am not sure how many of these types of people will be able to handle playing Classic WoW in the coming months. God forbid they will forever have to play the exact same content over and over again until their eyes bleed.
    Mythic will have only been out for 2 weeks and i need neck 65 so no.

just under two weeks to Shadowbringers early access so thats about right for Blizzards usual release strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    just under two weeks to Shadowbringers early access so thats about right for Blizzards usual release strategy.
    LOl good joke no the release has nothing to do with that.
    Last edited by Lurker1; 2019-06-15 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    LOl good joke no the releas has nothing to do with that.
    Yeah they've only been doing it since at least warhammer online to retain players, 11 years straight ain't a trend. Just a big ole' coincidence. You got it galaxy mind.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yeah they've only been doing it since at least warhammer online to retain players, 11 years straight ain't a trend. Just a big ole' coincidence. You got it galaxy mind.
    Something tells me you have been smokeing to much Dope its time to put it down sir.
    Last edited by Lurker1; 2019-06-16 at 06:27 AM.

So is 8.2 to little to late?

There honestly doesn't seem like it is adding enough to the game that we haven't already done to death for the last 3 years, BFA already felt like a watered down Legion, now these zones are looking like Broken Shore and Argus 2.0.

Honestly I don't think 9.0 will save this MMO.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayonne View Post
    That's basically a slap to the face to all the people that have been waiting for an invite to play the beta.

All of a sudden we see that we can select the beta/stress test client ONLY to know that it's because it will make it easier to uninstall. Well... it actually made me want to uninstall it just by knowing I can't still play it, that's for sure xD
    This is Retail Beta, not Classic. Pay attention
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by TheBull300 View Post

There honestly doesn't seem like it is adding enough to the game that we haven't already done to death for the last 3 years, BFA already felt like a watered down Legion, now these zones are looking like Broken Shore and Argus 2.0.

Log into the ptr - the new zones are stuning and beatiful. The view is so crazy good.

Besides that essences are a huge upgrade from legion legendaries. Its a very very good patch - dont miss it.

Lol, WoW isn't even close to dead. So many MMO's would kill to be as "dead" as WoW is now. Even if you took the current playerbase and reduced it by 90% WoW would still be a relatively successful game. It's quite a bit smaller than it used to be, but nothing blizzard did could have maintained Wotlk levels of popularity indefinitely, that's not how games work. Even with updates, you can't keep the popularity growing forever.

Something tell me you been smoke to much Dope its time to put it down sir.
    Something tells me you're retarded

Something tell me you been smoke to much Dope its time to put it down sir.
    Hellfire citadel was released a day before heavensward (first ffxiv expansion), it was a patch that did not have a date set for a long time. Heavensward announced its release date way ahead of time. This was in june 2015.

Stormblood (second ffxiv expansion) was released a week after the patch where tomb of sargeras opened. Stormblood had announced its date at least half a year ahead of time. It was fairly annoying to try to play both.

Now it's the same thing again. It has happened with major patches too. As a fan of both games i havent had the need to smoke anything to see the pattern.
    Last edited by Cthulhu fhtagn; 2019-06-16 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Something tells me you're retarded
    Wrong sir my I.Q. is set at 121 so far looks like the real retard is you here sir.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reacher View Post
    I think he meant that in order to restore the strider to what it was, it must use up an entire mount equipment slot that could otherwise be used for something else. Switching mounts at the water's edge was never really an issue for me. Swapping the equipment out seems far more distracting
    so just always use the water walking equipment...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaeres View Post
    uhhhh no hes talking classic beta.

read the post your commenting on.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Patch 8.2 PTR - Build 30827: Release Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except you will have water walking equipment in your mail...
    that will allow you to give the mount and all other mounts water walking...
    Except that is still a nerf because it is taking away a mount equipment slot from something that I may otherwise desire. Water-walking without depending on potions is just too worthwhile in comparison to other equipment. The engineer-crafted mount that lets your character collect an herb node without dismounting specifically had an exception carved out for it - it can still be used to collect herbs but whatever you have slotted as your mount equipment will not stack on top of that ability - so why could the water-strider not have the same type of exception? It just seems spiteful to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    whats this about loosening Tmog rules?

I don't seem to remember it.

Also people seem to be forgetting...

WE CAN FLY IN THIS PATCH.

F. L. Y.
    Blizzard has updated the transmogrification system with this coming patch to allow characters to hide all equipment slots except for legs. (I theoretically understand the reasoning for the exception, but in practice I am really disappointed because this still means that the dresses with the leg cut-outs in the sides will have the equipped leggings showing through.)

Also, not all my toons have flying at this point. I really should find time at some point to level my baby Zandalari.

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Better than seeing 50% of players using only the water strider at all times. It killed mount variety in the world. This fixes that. I don't like seeing water-striders everywhere, I like mounts being more cosmetic.
    I like my water-strider. It is cute and I worked for it! You know what actually kills mount variety in my opinion? Not being able to fly. Nearly all flying mounts are ugly to use for strictly running on the ground, from my viewpoint. I understand your perspective; I have sometimes felt that way too. Do you see it from mine, though? I feel like I am being punished for both enjoying the water-strider and its (mostly) unique ability to go across water. Now, I feel that I am going to be forced to choose between a very powerful utility and something that I would otherwise choose... Blizzard has been keeping a bit mum as far as the mount equipment is concerned, but I could have missed something in the news or notes.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

I think he meant that in order to restore the strider to what it was, it must use up an entire mount equipment slot that could otherwise be used for something else. Switching mounts at the water's edge was never really an issue for me. Swapping the equipment out seems far more distracting
    That's the point. The water walking equipment would be useless if people could just use their water walking mounts for water walking. That's exactly what Blizzard wanted to get away from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaeres View Post
    "Pay attention" lol

- - - Updated - - -

What should they add instead of what they're adding?

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    You only put the ability in the slot on your mount select page and it applies for all your mounts until it is replaced, but who is going to replace it? At least that's how it worked in beta. If you have a water strider you get mailed the water-walking glyph in the mail so you don't have to buy/make one. Unless something changes between now and launch.
    I just think it would have made more sense for the Striders to keep their natural water-walking and then the mount slot could get some other type of bonus on top of the water walking. It's not inherently unfair for this mount to get another ability stacked because I put in the time to grind Anglers rep. All this change is doing is trivializing the water mount model itself

7+ Year Old Account
    I just think it would have made more sense for the Striders to keep their natural water-walking and then the mount slot could get some other type of bonus on top of the water walking. It's not inherently unfair for this mount to get another ability stacked because I put in the time to grind Anglers rep. All this change is doing is trivializing the water mount model itself
    1. Then people would still only use the water strider cause it would still be better then all other mounts.

2. Lol what? You get free water walking mount equipment. While everyone else has to pay thousands of gold for theirs.

Also the water striders have not been hard to get since the launch of mop, you are not special for having it.