I hope we datamine some 9.0 clue by 8.3. Something like the IronHorde texture, or the KulTiras sets!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I hope we datamine some 9.0 clue by 8.3. Something like the IronHorde texture, or the KulTiras sets!
    Considering filenames are as good as gone with the exception of the file I got those expansion08 filenames from (which will probably cause it to get fixed as well) I doubt we'll be seeing many filename based leaks. If they add a texture from the next expansion there's a very good chance we'll miss it.

And I remain on record as not wanting 9.0 to be all about the Black Empire. I want 9.0 to take us somewhere new and bright... not have us surrounded by purple Void crud.

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    And I remain on record as not wanting 9.0 to be all about the Black Empire. I want 9.0 to take us somewhere new and bright... not have us surrounded by purple Void crud.
    Tbf, Legion was about the Legion yet we had places like Highmountain, Suramar, Azsuna... Yes it became more black and green towards the end, but then they still added in Mac'aree.

They never make an expansion just about the visuals of the main enemy. Never have, never will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Yep, blizzard didn't wanted to give space to other mmorpg, most of the current guys at the wow team are such drama queens
    They've always done that sort of thing, has nothing to do with current guys being "drama queens"... what an odd statement. You can bet your ass that all those WoW competitors do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    https://wow.tools/files/#search=expa...ort=0&desc=asc

And so... it begins.

9.0 confirmed lol
    Interesting, blizzard seem to be wanting to push the new expansion already, can't blame them with all the negativity they are getting with this expansion.

My bet is N'zoth's black empire that will serve to introduce the 6 cosmic forces and as their version of the chaos gods from warhammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Can you please tell me where it says that? Other than "Alliance players could quest in Highmountain".
    I mean, even logistically, only one (person or group, but unlikely faction-agnostic) could have recovered the Hammer, or other Pillars for that matter.
    Spoilers from 8.2:
    Thalryssa says that during the first quests in Nazjatar(okay reading it again it's the free Baine questline) That both the alliance and the horde helped the Nightborne. Thats one of the reasons why she agrees to join forces with the Alliance in Naz'jatar, she saw how both factions liberated Suramar together.

"He is surprised that the Alliance helped out, and Thalyssra reminds him that not long ago the two factions worked together to help her in Suramar. She then suggests that they redirect their focus to Azshara instead of the Alliance, a plan that Lor'themar agrees with, especially because it will anger Nathanos"

Highmountain though, no idea.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-06-15 at 03:36 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    They always put something, but I'm not sure they will do it for 8.2.5 or 8.3. PTR for 8.3 will likely start around October, so little too late to start hype train.

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    Which is funny because if they would have released a couple weeks ago, they would have gotten 1-2 months of sub out of me before FFXIV expansion 3 dropped. I am not choosing a WoW patch over an entire expansion at this point.

Its a shame too because the world content stuff is fantastic IMO with the time I spent with it on the PTR so far.
    I haven't seen anything from the gameplay PoV, can you tell me a bit more? I am thinking in sub again, after all this expansion has my favorite races(zandalaris, dark irons) and it would be a shame to let them dust when the content is still fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...No it's just a smart tactic to compete against the other MMO.....
    They've always done that sort of thing, has nothing to do with current guys being "drama queens"... what an odd statement. You can bet your ass that all those WoW competitors do the same thing.
    Nah don't play the innocent here, we know blizzard doesn't want ff to get more numbers, since WoD they promised to not repeat that scenario again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah don't play the innocent here, we know blizzard doesn't want ff to get more numbers, since WoD they promised to not repeat that scenario again.
    It's a legit business tactic, there's nothing shady about it like at all. Blizzard didn't fuck your girlfriend, geez.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's a legit business tactic, there's nothing shady about it like at all. Blizzard didn't fuck your girlfriend, geez.
    Totally agree.

Doubt we will get a patch trailer. it will probably be just the intro nazjatar cinematic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    They always put something, but I'm not sure they will do it for 8.2.5 or 8.3. PTR for 8.3 will likely start around October, so little too late to start hype train.
    It should happen during 8.2.5 PTR I feel like. At least in terms of tiny breadcrumbs. 8.3 PTR will most likely give away where the next expansion is headed I think. There's way more secrecy around the last tier patch for this expansion than how they went ahead and easily revealed Argus for 7.3. This is probably because what happens in 8.3 is going to set up a lot for the future.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    It should happen during 8.2.5 PTR I feel like. At least in terms of tiny breadcrumbs. 8.3 PTR will most likely give away where the next expansion is headed I think. There's way more secrecy around the last tier patch for this expansion than how they went ahead and easily revealed Argus for 7.3. This is probably because what happens in 8.3 is going to set up a lot for the future.
    In this case, it's also possible we won't even see 8.3 PTR before Blizzcon. Maybe it will serve as prequel to The Black Empire.

I don't thing 8.3 will be groundbreaking anyway - probably we will have new raid (Sylvanas as final boss of BfA), dungeon, some new essences, smaller stuff and hopefully new zone.

In this case, it's also possible we won't even see 8.3 PTR before Blizzcon. Maybe it will serve as prequel to The Black Empire.

I don't thing 8.3 will be groundbreaking anyway - probably we will have new raid (Sylvanas as final boss of BfA), dungeon, some new essences, smaller stuff and hopefully new zone.
    Patch 3.3 also just added ICC and the 3 surrounding dungeons. So I guess the final patches don't have to be extreme full.

Would love a similiar layer to 3.3 and 4.3 for 8.3 like: 3 Story Dungeons, the Main Raid and a little WQ Zone for daily content.

7+ Year Old Account

Yeah depending on release pacing, I feel like 8.3 PTR is just going to spoil a lot of stuff for the future, possibly even the next expansion. So it may not get to be on PTR before Blizzcon happens (or it might just happen slightly before Blizzcon idk).

If a new zone in 8.3 happens that'll probably be the huge spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Patch 3.3 also just added ICC and the 3 surrounding dungeons. So I guess the final patches don't have to be extreme full.

Would love a similiar layer to 3.3 and 4.3 for 8.3 like: 3 Story Dungeons, the Main Raid and a little WQ Zone for daily content.
    Don't forget that Dragon soul also had a final patch with a raid and 3 dungeons, and remember how that panned out. 3 good dungeons and a lackluster raid that really could have benefitted from being those 3 dungeons smashed together.

That being said, i could really see Blizz going for a SoO approach to the potential 8.3 zone, where the zone is almsot completely disconnected from the raid, with the zone instead standing on its own merit and therefore having a "timeless" feel (I will gladly accept any awards i deserve) and having hte raid and accompanying quests instead not feel like it needs to take place in the new zone, and instead can spread its wings, so to speak, bringing in lots of different story threads from different places.

The more i think about it, the more i really hope that the final raid is Stormwind, it would finally allow Blizz to give the city the same updates Orgrimmar got when it was a raid, and it would be interesting if we could have an actual mirror of the SoO patch, and let the Horde see what made that patch so Horde-centric (And no, it was not the raid)

Pretty sure we will find out what 8.3 is in august.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzcon seems more of a "9.0" moment than "8.3 and 9.0"

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzcon seems more of a "9.0" moment than "8.3 and 9.0"
    We might know whats in 8.3 right after we down Azshara, that will definitely spoil it to some degree.

Blizzcon is def 9.0.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    They aren't attending gamescom.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They aren't attending gamescom.
    Don't have to. They can stream 8.3 info like they did with 8.1.
    Crimea is Ukraine!