Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They aren't attending gamescom.
    I forgot about gamescom even existing too be honest.
    Either way i am pretty sure they will announce stuff in a livestream

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Calling it now;

Patch will be: July 2nd
    With raid releasing: July 16th

Basically source being July 2nd is the release of Final Fantasy's new expansion. Which some may think 'meh' but the previous 2 expansions were the release days of both ToS and HFC so something is pretty much guaranteed to be that date since it also lines up with a reset day.
    I highly doubt they'll release a patch so close to the 4th of July, a massive holiday at the US with most of the staff away for it. If any issue arises, shit hits the fan.

Well but before 8.3 I wonder if we will get a 8.2.5 stream, which would be I guess the week after opening the last LFR Wing. Maybe they even tease a little bit of 8.3

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    https://wow.tools/files/#search=expa...ort=0&desc=asc

And so... it begins.

9.0 confirmed lol
    8.2 is the final patch for Blizzard Failed Again confirmed!

Sorry I had to.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Well but before 8.3 I wonder if we will get a 8.2.5 stream, which would be I guess the week after opening the last LFR Wing. Maybe they even tease a little bit of 8.3
    We dont have a schedule for LFR releases so i doubt that.

I would say we will probably hear about it like 3-4 weeks post nazjatar raid releases (on normal/heroic)

10+ Year Old Account
    Clowns are freaky...not as freaky as 8.3 tho
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

https://wow.tools/files/#search=expa...ort=0&desc=asc

And so... it begins.

9.0 confirmed lol
    Did this every happen mid of an expansion / one year before the new expansion going to hit live? I mean considering 8.2 is not BfA's final patch this seems very early.

Who knows, maybe 8.3 won't be a thing in the end and we're just getting 8.2.5 and a sooner finish for BfA.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    We dont have a schedule for LFR releases so i doubt that.

I would say we will probably hear about it like 3-4 weeks post nazjatar raid releases (on normal/heroic)
    Could still result in the same timeframe, I just calculated with 9th July for nomal and heroic, then the following week Mythic and LFR Part 1, then always with 1-2 week distance between the last parts. My reasoning would just be that Blizzard wants to give every player to unlock the final Cinematic on his own before spoiling the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Did this every happen mid of an expansion / one year before the new expansion going to hit live? I mean considering 8.2 is not BfA's final patch this seems very early.

Who knows, maybe 8.3 won't be a thing in the end and we're just getting 8.2.5 and a sooner finish for BfA.
    *opens canned laughter*

Development of an upcoming expansion is always ongoing concurrently with maintaining the current expansion.

Could still result in the same timeframe, I just calculated with 9th July for nomal and heroic, then the following week Mythic and LFR Part 1, then always with 1-2 week distance between the last parts. My reasoning would just be that Blizzard wants to give every player to unlock the final Cinematic on his own before spoiling the future.

- - - Updated - - -

*opens canned laughter*
    You have no idea what 8.2.5 let alone 8.3 could be so there's the possibility for 8.2.5 wrapping up BfA (and being a bigger .5 patch than usual) with an expansion release maybe even in spring next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Development of an upcoming expansion is always ongoing concurrently with maintaining the current expansion.
    That wasn't the question though, what you said is common knowledge for what, a decade or more when it comes to WoW. Was just curious if this early occurence is normal or rather special.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    Pretty sure we will find out what 8.3 is in august.
    We will know what 8.3 is in the end cinematic of the 8.2 raid. Just like we knew what 7.3 was in the KJ end cinematic.

And yea, the next xpac will 100% be announced at blizzcon as it normally always is bi-yearly(outside of the massive WoD content drought that forced them to announce Legion at Gamescom instead).

- - - Updated - - -

You have no idea what 8.2.5 let alone 8.3 could be so there's the possibility for 8.2.5 wrapping up BfA (and being a bigger .5 patch than usual) with an expansion release maybe even in spring next year.
    Blizzard is a stream lined conveyor belt now.

Legion: August release
    BFA: August release
    Classic: August release

Spoiler alert, the next retail Xpac will be August 2020 and August 2021 will be BC classic. Activision finally got them on the yearly release schedule but it only took throwing legacy servers in the mix after the failed experiment of a 1 year xpac with WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

I shall grab more cans I guess, sure I don't know much, but I don't have to since why should Blizzard pull such a crappy idea. As they told us they were not happy with the dealing of WoD during the end, so sure let's do this in a familiar way again.

I shall grab more cans I guess, sure I don't know much, but I don't have to since why should Blizzard pull such a crappy idea. As they told us they were not happy with the dealing of WoD during the end, so sure let's do this in a familiar way again.
    Except .5 patches were not really a big thing back during WoD, they pushed this idea with Legion to what we have now. 8.2.5 could basically be more war campaign culminating in a warfront that deals with the faction war plus an introduction to 9.0.

They won't repeat WoD. WoD's problem was the initial planning for it because WoD was meant to be a 1 year xpac, then when they couldn't finish Legion in time they got caught with their pants down.

BFA seems to have always been planned as a 2 year xpac, which is the model they went back to with legion after seeing how much they failed with WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Blizzard is a stream lined conveyor belt now.

Legion: August release
    BFA: August release
    Classic: August release

Spoiler alert, the next retail Xpac will be August 2020 and August 2021 will be BC classic. Activision finally got them on the yearly release schedule but it only took throwing legacy servers in the mix after the failed experiment of a 1 year xpac with WoD.
    BfA release in August was a huge mistake and I think everybody already knows that, even Blizzard. The expansion wasn't ready and needed several more months so I'm not sure if I'd be set on future August releases based on that pattern.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They won't repeat WoD. WoD's problem was the initial planning for it because WoD was meant to be a 1 year xpac, then when they couldn't finish Legion in time they got caught with their pants down.
    No, it wasn't. No WoW expansion was ever planned as a "1 year expansion". They had this idea of annual expansions since WotLK/Cataclysm but it never was realised and I think it was never more than a vague idea.

BfA release in August was a huge mistake and I think everybody already knows that, even Blizzard. The expansion wasn't ready and needed several more months so I'm not sure if I'd be set on future August releases based on that pattern.
    It's not a coincidence at this point. It's a pattern. You're sitting there with your hands over your years in lala land lmao.

Also lol @ "BFA wasn't ready" it absolutely was ready, the systems they went with where a bad/meh idea and no amount of delaying it would fix that. That is a failure at the early stages of development and nothing they can do about that without scrapping a lot of work and probably delaying it by a year(obviously was never going to happen).

No, it wasn't. No WoW expansion was ever planned as a "1 year expansion". They had this idea of annual expansions since WotLK/Cataclysm but it never was realised and I think it was never more than a vague idea.
    Yes it was and the raid release schedule of it is proof. HM and BRF where both tested in the beta and both originally planned to be part of the same tier. They later separated them and only released ONE additional raid on top of them. Legion had double the amount of raids WoD had, more zones and way more content in general but sure thing my dude WoD wasn't planned to be half the duration
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-06-15 at 07:07 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

That wasn't the question though, what you said is common knowledge for what, a decade or more when it comes to WoW. Was just curious if this early occurence is normal or rather special.
    My bad, all this 'leak' means is that someone made an expansion08 dir on the main branch for some reason. If I had to guess, it might have to do something with the new loading screen system being copied over/backported from the 9.0 branch or something like that (if it even was copied over). Considering nothing else (seemingly) shipped, I don't think this is indicative of anything or comparable to the previous leaks (e.g. the iron horde texture in 5.4).

10+ Year Old Account
    My bad, all this 'leak' means is that someone made an expansion08 dir on the main branch for some reason. If I had to guess, it might have to do something with the new loading screen system being copied over/backported from the 9.0 branch or something like that (if it even was copied over). Considering nothing else (seemingly) shipped, I don't think this is indicative of anything or comparable to the previous leaks (e.g. the iron horde texture in 5.4).
    Don't think it means much either and if I recall loading screens were messed with even before you told us of that little expansion08 thingie. That and Blizzard already teased 8.3(At Blizzcon despite that getting ignored cause reasons)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Don't think it means much either and if I recall loading screens were messed with even before you told us of that little expansion08 thingie. That and Blizzard already teased 8.3(At Blizzcon despite that getting ignored cause reasons)
    8.3 is definitely coming. Idk whats with those anti-8.3 incel crusaders.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    8.3 is definitely coming. Idk whats with those anti-8.3 incel crusaders.
    Something, something like they don't like anything and so other shoudln't either or whatsoever.