Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Welp, looks like CDPR is working on implementing a transgender option.[/URL] I'm afraid we will see more outrage going on. Also they spotted this in-game poster:
    to be honest it's an option, you are not forced, nothing wrong with options...

I am rolling a woman personally anyway :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Honest question, but how are they going to tell the difference in a video game?
    Well, probably just like in any other FPS games - cut scenes, mirrors, character screens etc. They may not go for subtle approach, judging by that in-game poster of a female with a huge boner visible through clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    to be honest it's an option, you are not forced, nothing wrong with options...

I am rolling a woman personally anyway :P
    Oh I don't mind it at all, but it will fuel all the "social agenda" shit. But as it was said, fuck both of the sides.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, probably just like in any other FPS games - cut scenes, mirrors, character screens etc. They may not go for subtle approach, judging by that in-game poster of a female with a huge boner visible through clothes.

Oh I don't mind it at all, but it will fuel all the "social agenda" shit. But as it was said, fuck both of the sides.
    What matters is that we enjoy the game, fuck everyone else
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    What matters is that we enjoy the game, fuck everyone else
    Something we can all agree on.

10+ Year Old Account
    No i mean like, using your example of the poster, what if it's the thin male body build with curved jaw line modifier character model and it's both an option for a male character and "transgender male" character. How are they going to tell the difference?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    It's not just social media. There seems to be a large community of people that WANT there to be a controversy about Cyberpunk 2077.
    we call that community resetera.
    Working on my next ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    No i mean like, using your example of the poster, what if it's the thin male body build with curved jaw line modifier character model and it's both an option for a male character and "transgender male" character. How are they going to tell the difference?
    I might be wrong but I don't believe it is so much about having a clearly defined trans option but about being able to select any and all body types and facial features and such when creating your character. Not being limited to selecting option A with just male body types and features or option B with female body types and features. It could also affect how characters in game refer to your character as well I guess.

15+ Year Old Account

Is that a penis?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I wonder if its faithful to the source material. They augment peeps willy-nilly, gender swap shouldn't be too hard.
    I don't recall if there's any specific rules for it (like for example there are rules for getting animal features and I am positive they expanded on it more later), but I only have the 1990 2nd ed core rulebook and looking the series up there were A LOT of supplemental books. Soooo... Maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Is that a penis?
    Hence the exploitative "mix it up" marketing gimmick, yes.

And before anyone thinks I'm jumping on that bandwagon, I get that the idea that this is exploitative, shallow corporate marketing is sort of the entire point of a cyberpunk dystopia. I've got no problem with its inclusion in the game; the megacorps are never the "good guys" in anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    About all this transgender nonsense that is now being complained about, i'm glad the witcher wasn't put under microscope and that fictional world wasn't held to real life world views.

I also highly doubt that people who are complaining about this have any intention of playing any game of this nature. Or maybe we should expose those people to how life on this planet looks like outside the safety of the western world, drop them in the slums of some south american nation, or african etc.

These armchair mobile phone addicted activists are trash and a waste of space on this planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Hence the exploitative "mix it up" marketing gimmick, yes.

And before anyone thinks I'm jumping on that bandwagon, I get that the idea that this is exploitative, shallow corporate marketing is sort of the entire point of a cyberpunk dystopia. I've got no problem with its inclusion in the game; the megacorps are never the "good guys" in anything.
    This is the basic point of Cyberpunk. It isn't our reality in the future, it is a completely different reality with its own history and a major portion of that is how Megacorps are massively evil and exploitative. This thread sadly is devolving into exactly what idiot bloggers want which is less about the actual game and more about some real world divisive topic to generate clicks. This is a world where gender, tech, animal, and other things are fluid within the world already by the sheer nature of augmentation and its prominence in the game worlds society.

As someone who has been playing the game since the mid 90s, I'm excited and it looks good so far. I wish we had a few more archetype options but I figured you'd have to limit it pretty greatly to have a cohesive story line. I look forward to it and having a good game with current gen graphics set in a good cyberpunk world.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    About all this transgender nonsense that is now being complained about, i'm glad the witcher wasn't put under microscope and that fictional world wasn't held to real life world views.
    You mean other than the people who complained about the lack of "people of color" in a game based on Polish mythology?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yeah forgot about that, oh well that shows how much such silly complaints stay with me. I really doubt we are going to spend a lot of time talking about that either. Will be mostly something for people who spend most of their day on twitter or something silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    It isn't our reality in the future, it is a completely different reality with its own history and a major portion of that is how Megacorps are massively evil and exploitative.
    To be fair, the Megacorps aren't far from how modern advertising is done. Minorities and causes are used as props because it is profitable, not because its the "right thing!" to do.

If anything, this "controversy" shows how little depth there is to most fictional advertising in games.

The artist of the poster has claimed that's exactly the reason it is depicted as such.
    So it's fitting with the lore they are making for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    But it was dude. Where you under a rock when these same people made a stink about the lack of non white characters in Witcher?

Edit- I see you already responded to that but yea. These people are quick to blow the whistle and claim foul just because a game isn't explicitly pushing their agenda at the sake of it's own creative freedom. The opposite side is the exact same if you see the out rage they make over things like BFV as well. People who stray too far to one side of a political spectrum are just loons that will never be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    If anything, this "controversy" shows how little depth there is to most fictional advertising in games.
    The only company that ever did fictional advertisements justice in gaming was rockstar- looks like CDPR is gonna join them now that they're making a game that should have loads of them.

So many game studios go through the trouble of making up fake brands, logos and ads without putting any real thought into them.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-06-16 at 06:45 AM.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

The only company that ever did fictional advertisements justice in gaming was rockstar- looks like CDPR is gonna join them now that they're making a game that should have loads of them.

So many game studios go through the trouble of making up fake brands, logos and ads without putting any real thought into them.
    I felt like some of the earlier Fallout games did this well as well with the 1950s theme
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Am I the only one that finds the poster sort of celebrating and showing trans as a normal thing in the future, hence the opposite of "transphobic"?

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Am I the only one that finds the poster sort of celebrating and showing trans as a normal thing in the future, hence the opposite of "transphobic"?
    I dont normally give this kind of stuff a 2nd thought but seeing as this thread is dominated by trans talk I would imagine if I was a trans person the only thing I would ask for is inclusion, so having stuff like this in games/entertainment and making it "mainstream" is lightyears ahead of being hunted down by religious groups.

But what do I know im not a trans or an insane twitter person
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-06-16 at 07:29 AM.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.