View Poll Results: Will you resub for Classic?

Voters
436. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

216 49.54%
  • No.

91 20.87%
  • Undecided.

31 7.11%
  • Already subbed.

98 22.48%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    Yes though to be honest vanilla isn't the game I would choose but rather a expansion tuned like the burning crusade... still I miss wow's style of mmo and am looking forward to returning.
    If Classic isn't successful they probably wouldn't make another, later version. I wouldn't mind being able to do TBC raids, though. I only ever PvPed back then.
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

I haven’t really been playing bfa seriously since Xmas. All things considered, I just don’t like the new direction and design choices the game has turned into over the last decade.

That said, I’m happy to keep my sub as a way to show support to classic and as a thank you to Blizz for classic. It will be my go to wow pretty much forever

Quote Originally Posted by Ewwe View Post
    If Classic isn't successful they probably wouldn't make another, later version. I wouldn't mind being able to do TBC raids, though. I only ever PvPed back then.
    If that is the case I will play vanilla for as long as it interests me then quit. I can't see modern wow ever getting good again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because you enjoyed it? I'm not sure why anyone else would bother under the same reasoning. You don't sound like you enjoyed it enough to want to play again, I'm just wondering why. It might give an idea of if Classic will last passed the hype.
    It was fun at the time but if I went back now it wouldn't be the same. Looking back at vanilla while it was sweet for its time, to me the game has not aged well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not interested in classic at all but still subbed atm. My friends still raid so I still log in two times a week for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope still play current wow, im in the classic beta played it about 3 times and just not interested in doing it all over again, havent touched it since.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Only for Classic, I have no interest in the current iteration whatsoever
    You're not the only one. How come you quit?

Quote Originally Posted by Agrossive View Post
    Resubbed when blizzard baited me into thinking i could get into the classic beta, been to lazy to bother unsubbing since i dont play bfa.
    Wait, what? How did they "bait" you?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Right now my sentiment is no. Been there and done that and if i wanted to private servers exist but i never used them. For people who want it more power to them but i think people also need to remember its not 'going to be like the good times again'. Its like walking through a museum set up to look like the place you used to live. Its not the same and in that regard even if i was interested in vanilla right now then it wouldn't be the experience i had back then.
    I can understand that. I'm honestly kind of worried how addons will effect it overall. I don't like the idea of something people used to love being ruined by the main games competitive aspects. Other than that as far as I've heard Blizz is going off of the old designs they had for the game, and it's mostly the same.

Ha. I've always hated subbing part way through an expac, most people don't usually want to re-do older raids once they've moved on to the next tier, and it ends up being harder to find people.

What made you quit in the first place?
    I just lost interest. It was a combination of things. It just felt like a tedious chore after a while, and I started to prefer other games and MMOs.

One of the problems I'm having will probably still stand in classic though. Nobody seems to raid during my hours of availability.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I haven’t really been playing bfa seriously since Xmas. All things considered, I just don’t like the new direction and design choices the game has turned into over the last decade.

That said, I’m happy to keep my sub as a way to show support to classic and as a thank you to Blizz for classic. It will be my go to wow pretty much forever
    You're the second person that's said they quit around Christmas, kinda sensing a pattern and wondering if it has to do with Blizz. What didn't you like about it?

I'm a believer in supporting gaming companies you like, but I still probably wouldn't pay for a sub if I wasn't playing.
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, WoW used to be fairly lightweight graphically. It wasn't until they started updating spells with particle effects that it started bogging people down.

I think the Classic WoW talent system tends to be similar with what some other current RPG's are doing, when you think of it compared to the current WoW talent system. With Classic you dump points to improve on what you have, rather than having to pick and choose like the main game. Which is basically what allows the hybrids.
    Thanks. I can run the trial versions of the current game with no problems so I am assuming(perhaps wrongly) I will be able to run classic.
    I just have to figure out what to do about the hybrid problem.

EDIT: And even if all the hybrid specs were viable , there is still the 50G respec cost.
    Last edited by kunah; 2019-06-15 at 10:14 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    It was fun at the time but if I went back now it wouldn't be the same. Looking back at vanilla while it was sweet for its time, to me the game has not aged well.
    It's definitely not like some other MMO's and RPG's, but I'd hardly say it's not desireable. A lot of the fun of the game was the people to begin with, and Classic's design makes that possible again like it was before. I'm still not sure that will keep it afloat, but unless you mean something else, older style RPG's still have their fans.

I unsubscribed after the first night of Blizzcon. It was apparent that Blizzard was no longer an elite gaming company, and is simply throwing out mediocre games. Now, I've stopped playing a few times, like in Cata, WoD, and even part of Legion. But, i still subscribed. At one point, I was hugely excited for Classic, but I honestly don't think I will be coming back to play. Blizzard is pretending like Classic is this massive undertaking, and a huge gift to players. They are basically doing what a few random dudes in their basements were able to pull off in far less time. I'm not impressed by a company that is able to put out a game that they already made 15 years prior. I'm certainly not impressed that it will take them three years to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm not interested in the Classic experience.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Not interested in classic at all but still subbed atm. My friends still raid so I still log in two times a week for that.
    Well, it doesn't hurt to try it once, if you haven't already. If your friends started raiding together in Classic, could you see yourself moving over to join them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    If that is the case I will play vanilla for as long as it interests me then quit. I can't see modern wow ever getting good again.
    Well, maybe Blizz will get some ideas on how to improve things from how Classic pans out. It couldn't hurt for them to improve the incentive for players to work together rather than bog each other down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Nope still play current wow, im in the classic beta played it about 3 times and just not interested in doing it all over again, havent touched it since.
    You didn't enjoy the gameplay?

Yup, some friends and I will all jump back in a little after classic hits. Give the plebs a chance to break the servers in and we can find ourselves a realm that isn't overpopulated.

Retail lost me in legion tbh, but I did give BFA a fair shake. Just feels like they're trying to make games for people who don't actually like video games atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I just lost interest. It was a combination of things. It just felt like a tedious chore after a while, and I started to prefer other games and MMOs.

One of the problems I'm having will probably still stand in classic though. Nobody seems to raid during my hours of availability.
    I figured the later expansions would be less of a chore, and keep things fresh. I figure PvP and such would keep the people that prefer fast action like Overwatch.

Well, there's always the hated option of starting your own guild. It would give you more control over what time you got to raid.

I picked already subbed - like a nimrod; should have picked "yes."

I did just resub a week or two ago, in the hopes it might up my chances of beta selection, however unlikely. I started playing in April of '05, and i'm fairly excited to return to something near that but still largely different.

Question: I just got chewed out for assuming Classic had that aids pre BC patch with mutilate/honor tokens - does it? If not, hell yeah, 31/8/12 here I come - let's get back to actually stabbing things from behind!
    Last edited by Impersonal; 2019-06-15 at 10:24 PM.

Undecided

Or rather - I'll probably cave in at the beginning to see the servers burn first hand, but I'm not sure yet that I'll be willing to play enough to get out of Durotar.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    No, I'm not interested in the Classic experience.
    Can I ask why?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I unsubscribed after the first night of Blizzcon. It was apparent that Blizzard was no longer an elite gaming company, and is simply throwing out mediocre games. Now, I've stopped playing a few times, like in Cata, WoD, and even part of Legion. But, i still subscribed. At one point, I was hugely excited for Classic, but I honestly don't think I will be coming back to play. Blizzard is pretending like Classic is this massive undertaking, and a huge gift to players. They are basically doing what a few random dudes in their basements were able to pull off in far less time. I'm not impressed by a company that is able to put out a game that they already made 15 years prior. I'm certainly not impressed that it will take them three years to do so.
    You can hardly expect them to design the way they used to when a lot has changed within the company, it's not like it was in 2004, and that may be part of the point of bringing it back in the first place. I'm not sure how they wouldn't behave like it's something good for players when it's still fairly popular, and was requested many times. This at least gives people the option of playing more legitimately.

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Thanks. I can run the trial versions of the current game with no problems so I am assuming(perhaps wrongly) I will be able to run classic.
    I just have to figure out what to do about the hybrid problem.

EDIT: And even if all the hybrid specs were viable , there is still the 50G respec cost.
    Well, it has the older models and texturing, but you can see if you can look up the specs for it to see if there's any information on what kind of hardware you need. If not, then if your computer can handle older games from the 90's - early 00's, then you should be good.

50g? I thought it started out low and then scaled? Or did that change later?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only been unsubbed since October, but I defintiely plan to play classic when it's out.