Poll: Tier sets again, yay or nay

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    better go back to 10 years ago then. No one nowadays seems to care about playing a game because you enjoy it anymore. They just want to watch numbers go higher or play dressup. Not even limited to WoW. It's a general problem.
    Could it be possible that the minority want "sets" ? It's tough to grasp, I realize. People posting want to be the majority, I get that,

Tier allowed for "seasonal" / "tier" meta changes in a lot different way that I found more enjoyable. I feel like with the current system I just have the same options for the whole expansion. Not as fun for me personally.

I want to say yes, but sets are boring, and most are ugly, so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Could it be possible that the minority want "sets" ? It's tough to grasp, I realize. People posting want to be the majority, I get that,
    That really has nothing to do with my post. Did you reply to the wrong person?

7+ Year Old Account
    So, question is somehow like this one?
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

That really has nothing to do with my post. Did you reply to the wrong person?
    It has alot to do with your post.

Original:
    better go back to 10 years ago then. No one nowadays seems to care about playing a game because you enjoy it anymore. They just want to watch numbers go higher or play dressup. Not even limited to WoW. It's a general problem.

Subscribers want sets nowadays .. I think it was you who responded incorrectly. We are essentially agreeing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously, they should have never removed them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and add back MasterLoot option for mythic raids and i might return to the game
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I like the Azerite system but they should of really been on things like Cloak and rings instead of maybe traditional secondaries imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Yes, and add back MasterLoot option for mythic raids and i might return to the game
    No, http://blog.askmrrobot.com/personal-vs-master-loot-bfa/ Personal loot is gonna stay for a good reason.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No, http://blog.askmrrobot.com/personal-vs-master-loot-bfa/ Personal loot is gonna stay for a good reason.
    Quite an interesting read and if I read it right, what they have found where personal loot seems to be the only issue is on split runs..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    Voted no.

Bring back the unique class art, sure, I am all for that.

But I vastly prefer the choose and pick style of the azerite system.
    Yeah class uniqueness for sure, and would be good for gear to have a talent system similar to the azerite system, as then are not locked to one set of bonuses..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-06-16 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    It has alot to do with your post.

Original:

Subscribers want sets nowadays .. I think it was you who responded incorrectly. We are essentially agreeing.
    I was agreeing. That's why I was confused. I guess I ready the tone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    They will be delivered in your mailbox,and you can open it and dress your character in epics from your phone.
    Or you just buy them from tokens you find in your world quest caches.

I think limiting tier gear to raids should not return. No matter how elitist idiots would like it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Silly me, i forgot wow isnt an RPG anymore and u shouldt be allowed to target farm gear, my honest mistake.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

azerite as a parallel progression wasnt as fun as artifact (weapon) progression, but azerite traits r more diverse than historical tier-sets. more choices and less rolls than tier-sets (since just 3 instead of 5-6), as also the slots r (with some minor exceptions) locked to prevent eq-slot drama (uh, equip haste shoulder instead of 4/6 versa+mastery?).

personal pref is something new, if not, the differences r minor, but azerite is easier to obtain (less rolls, since 3 slots, also via m+chest, wich tier-sets werent).

Quote Originally Posted by ultima ratio View Post
    azerite as a parallel progression wasnt as fun as artifact (weapon) progression, but azerite traits r more diverse than historical tier-sets. more choices and less rolls than tier-sets (since just 3 instead of 5-6), as also the slots r (with some minor exceptions) locked to prevent eq-slot drama (uh, equip haste shoulder instead of 4/6 versa+mastery?).

personal pref is something new, if not, the differences r minor, but azerite is easier to obtain (less rolls, since 3 slots, also via m+chest, wich tier-sets werent).
    You are comparing a fully fleshed out gearing system (tier sets) to a throwaway system that is azerite. Remember when at the start of BfA obtainig azerite was actually a pain in the ass? Why do you think it was changed? The devs have been literally building the bridge under the speeding azerite train wreck as we go to not let it just fall into the canyon - with very little success.

They should keep the idea behind azerite gear / necklace and keep that rolling. Nothing is inherently wrong about the max level side-grind, it's just done in a very obtuse / boring way that feels way more like a chore than a benefit. But Blizzard should reintroduce tier sets for players to obtain as well. Although, personally, making it raid exclusive is about as dumb as it'll get if they do that. I would rather see them give us weaker variants from Mythic dungeons and LFR / Badge gear so that casual players can have fun with the interesting mechanics too, but the heroic and mythic raiders still get the buffed up versions.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    Or you just buy them from tokens you find in your world quest caches.

I think limiting tier gear to raids should not return. No matter how elitist idiots would like it.
    Just go play another game, in fact, another genre in gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    They should bring back WOW after BFA.
    ^ I would say that pretty much this sums my thinking now.
    BFA is beautiful expansion on its own, however so many progression systems layered on top of each other really makes game off-putting.

You grind the content for your Essences.
    You grind Assaults for Vision Currency.
    You grind Visions for Cloak upgrades and corruption resistance. (With latest patch Corruption Resistance can be leveled past its cap)
    You grind EVERYTHING for AP for your neck.
    You grind EVERYTHING for Azerite peaces.
    You grind EVERYTHING for Corruption Gear.

I would like to see them returned, just not as powerful as they were.
    I would like to see that every class has at the start available 2-3 gear sets with 1-2 generalized sets.
    All of them could drop from doing all the content and they would be balanced with contents gear, allowing you to combine usual gear with gear sets as well as gear sets on its own.

For instance:
    General set 1:
    2p bonus - Increases your primary resource by 25% (Focus, Energy, Chi, Holy Power, Mana, Rage, Fury..)
    4p bonus - Increases your Highest Secondary stat by 15%
    6p bonus - Increases value of 2p and 4p by 50%

General set 2:
    2p bonus - Your spell X* has a chance to hit for second time, based on your Highest secondary stat. (X being primary DPS attack for DPS, rotational defensive CD for Tanks or medium healing spell for Healers)
    4p bonus - Doubles the duration of your food and flasks
    6p bonus - i have no idea.

But you get the general concept of it. To mix-match the gear sets to make your own play-style. At the end it will end up, as usual, with cookie-cutter builds, but again. Having small options that deviate from base playstyle is nice.
    I think that one of the main problems of BFA is that Azerite Gear does not bring any changes to core rotations, thus leaving them as they are from start to finish feeling the same.
    One of biggest appeal of gear sets, next to their unique look, whas their effects on players rotation and how it changes depending on the set that you wear.

In addition, i would like to see more cosmetic armors as an option. Combining gearing system that i mentioned above and more cosmetic armors as a reward replayablity of WoW would be quite high and give people the feeling of more rewarding system even so your gear dont change much per se since theres always a change to get new cosmetic look.

Closest to my idea would be something like Division 2 gearing system where you combine brand sets and gear sets to create your own playstyle.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2020-03-11 at 08:16 AM.