Thread: The Ooga Gang

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The Ooga Gang

Hope im reporting this right.
    On the WoW Classic Beta there are 3 Troll rogues that gang up on WoW streamers while they're broadcasting.
    Their names are Meooga, Mebooga, Mechooga.
    The spam "c c a f, c c a f, ooga gang, ooga booga" upon eviscerating their victim.
    What are your thoughts on them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtThr78vpGU

Personally I think its a little funny. It makes me excited to play Classic WoW.
    Last edited by buddhapunch09; 2019-06-16 at 06:49 AM.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    It's a little obnoxious, and it made me somewhat sympathize with streamers calling for penalties for stream snipers in WoW.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    Hope im reporting this right.
    On the WoW Classic Beta there are 3 Troll rogues that gang up on WoW streamers while their broadcasting.
    Their names are Meooga, Mebooga, Mechooga.
    The spam "c c a f, c c a f, ooga gang, ooga booga" upon eviscerating their victim.
    What are you thoughts on them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtThr78vpGU

my friend showed me this and its hilaaarious, i love the added touch of 'go back to retail' hahaahah

.. a pathetic attempt to be like Goon Squad. Pathetic nerds, wants attention and nothing else.
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    It's a little obnoxious, and it made me somewhat sympathize with streamers calling for penalties for stream snipers in WoW.
    TRUE!
    They are stream sniping.
    That does suck
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    .. a pathetic attempt to be like Goon Squad. Pathetic nerds, wants attention and nothing else.
    And streamers aren't seeking attention they make a living from it.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    pretty much every streamer, only right they have some negativity while being 'on the job', lighten up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    my friend showed me this and its hilaaarious, i love the added touch of 'go back to retail' hahaahah
    Yeah! that was pretty funny.
    The guild name "BFA IS BETTER" lolol

Nah fuck them, turn your stream off then. It’s a good way to keep the power of streamers in check

There's no such thing as stream snipers. There's only PvP and PvE. IF you can't handle PvP, move your ass to PvE servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    There's no such thing as stream snipers. There's only PvP and PvE. IF you can't handle PvP, move your ass to PvE servers.
    Yup. If you dont want to deal with PvP then dont roll on a PvP server.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Seeing streamers get killed is always more entertaining then the actual streams so I’m all for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got no problem with them, I love how they don't break character and so what if they stream sniping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I got no problem with them, I love how they don't break character and so what if they stream sniping.
    Yeah i would have to agree that them not breaking character is what makes it so freaking funny!
    "Streamer money is blood money"... haha i lost it there xD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Nah fuck them, turn your stream off then. It’s a good way to keep the power of streamers in check
    OK, but telling someone to simply not do their job in order to not be griefed isn't a reasonable response. Anyways, the power of the streamers - and any player, really - is regulated by the community; people predisposed to doing things for online personalities are going to do it regardless. Them not streaming even does nothing other than hit their wallets.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, but telling someone to simply not do their job in order to not be griefed isn't a reasonable response. Anyways, the power of the streamers - and any player, really - is regulated by the community; people predisposed to doing things for online personalities are going to do it regardless. Them not streaming even does nothing other than hit their wallets.
    every job has negatives in their workplace, streamers fully understand what a pvp server is and the nature of world pvp in classic, including ganking. even the scrawny guy with the beard is like "SEE WHAT HAPPENS, SEE WHAT HAPPENS". its part of their 'job' to deal with the bad as well, can't all be sitting down all day enjoying the game they love without *any* repercussions. and besides, their ingame character got jumped, not like anyone actually died IRL

10+ Year Old Account
    Apprently from what ive been reading in the comments, they dont "over harass" which i think is good. A benefit is that it does make their live stream more hilarious especially with the RP elements added.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually watched a stream when they were doing sunken temple for a powerful dagger but they were wiping alot bc it had to be done a certain way bc the boss was such a higher lvl than them...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    every job has negatives in their workplace, streamers fully understand what a pvp server is and the nature of world pvp in classic, including ganking. even the scrawny guy with the beard is like "SEE WHAT HAPPENS, SEE WHAT HAPPENS". its part of their 'job' to deal with the bad as well, can't all be sitting down all day enjoying the game they love without *any* repercussions. and besides, their ingame character got jumped, not like anyone actually died IRL
    There's a difference between PvP and griefing. If its just natural PvP, or even just a case where they would occasionally go to someones stream and gank them before leaving, that's one thing; however, a case where people are making the active choice to hunt down and camp players, interrupting whatever they're doing for prolonged periods of time the situation is different. In Vanilla there were people who had actions taken against their account for killing quest NPCs repeatedly, for ganking in places that aren't readily accessible while being ranged, etc., and it seems that cases that would otherwise be considered griefing are ignored or disregarded simply because people dislike streamers - primarily one specific withered.
    Last edited by Magical Mudcrab; 2019-06-16 at 06:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between PvP and griefing. If this was just natural PvP, or even just a case where they would occasionally go to someones stream and gank them before leaving, that's one thing; however, this is people making the active choice to hunt down and camp players, interrupting whatever they're doing for prolonged periods of time. In Vanilla there were people who had actions taken against their account for killing quest NPCs repeatedly, for ganking in places that aren't readily accessible while being ranged, etc., and it seems that this case is only considered to not be griefing simply because people dislike streamers - primarily one specific withered.
    this is not a new issue, ganking/griefing/camping, whatever you wanna label it as existed for yeeeears across many games. again, that is the nature of a PvP server. it isn't called a "Hang on let me drink 1sec before we do this" or "1v1 only in world pvp server" its a PvP server, anything goes. their idea of fun is forming a gang to carry out their justice to alliance characters and they could just as easily form another group to counteract that. streamers aren't isolated cases, everyone gets ganked. do you not remember STV? hellfire peninsula? poor darkshire in duskwood?

no, this will continue to be a thing, and the fact that people hate it so much makes it more entertaining for others to do similar, or for existing ones such as OOGA to continue doing just that