Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Still will not save the game. Let it die already. It's been a bleeding horse for years put it to rest!

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    This is terrible. So with maxed out mining skill I wouldn't be able to mine low level mats?
    What do you need them for?

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    What do you need them for?
    Crafting older stuff for transmog, alts, fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Jopsi View Post
    Crafting older stuff for transmog, alts, fun?
    You would have a trader at your main city, which allows you to turn in current mats for older mats.

Beside that, the balancing of collecting mats would be changed that you always would find enough materials while leveling to skill up your crafting profession for past expacs.

You would have a trader at your main city, which allows you to turn in current mats for older mats.

Beside that, the balancing of collecting mats would be changed that you always would find enough materials while leveling to skill up your crafting profession for past expacs.
    That's not a good system and you've probably realized it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    They are just trying to test waters with some reactions before they ruin the game again.
    thats my scare,

that they will ruin the game in failed attempt to attract people to 15 year old game

newsflash - teenagers are playing mobile they dont care about pc games.

this will only alienate people who will feel robbed out of hard work they did over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    The old system wasn't that bad, it is how people look at it that's the problem.

Instead of looking at it like, "Oh this talent only gives me 15% more bleed damage" people need to look at it as "Not only does this talent give me 15% extra bleed damage, but will allow me down the line to do even more bleed damage from crits as well as increasing the chance to crit even further down the line."

In other words, look at those "boring" talents as investments into the future, not just a simple "Oh it's just a tiny buff, it's boring."

I guess my big question is; how big is the crunch going to be on a time to level scale more than a what's my final level number. 1-120 today is extremely fast to do. I'd say it easily to level a character up from scratch in 4 days of /played time tops. Back in Vanilla WoW, a 1 - 60 easily took 10+ days of /played.

If they lower the max level down to 60, but it takes as long as a current 120, I'd be okay with that. If they lowered the max level to 60, but it takes just as long as a 1-60 of today, that's just too fast. They trivialize the leveling experience too much and might as well just remove it at that point because a max level character would take about a day of play time to get at that point, not to mention you'd hit maybe a dozen zones total out of a world that has, as of 8.2, 122 zones.
    Lots of tiny, boring stuff is still lots of tiny, boring stuff.

Also, it was more like "it gives me 5% more bleed dmg which i get across 5 levels". Tiered unlocks were rarity in vanilla wow. Just put 5 points to unlock next tier.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    thats my scare,

that they will ruin the game in failed attempt to attract people to 15 year old game

newsflash - teenagers are playing mobile they dont care about pc games.

this will only alienate people who will feel robbed out of hard work they did over the years.
    How do you ruin a game that's already deep down in the shitter? It's desperation mode for Blizzard, they have been leaking more subs than Azeroth blood in this expansion. Doing the same-old new zone, new expansion thing isn't going to work long-term.

Just to leave my final 2 cents here:

When a level squish comes Blizzard needs to consider whether the leveling is meaningful in any way. If leveling is and remains pointless because the focus is completely on the endgame then the level number doesn't matter. If I don't get a good experience out of the leveling from lets say 1-50 then it doesn't matter that you re-designed it. Currently leveling just feels like a totally empty unrewarding experience.

Either make the level that you gain mean something or get rid of it and replace it with something else that has a purpose in the game.

In Vanilla and even TBC leveling meant something. In Vanilla the first 10 levels were literally a basic introduction to the game and basic mechanics. Then from that point till 60 it was slowly expanded upon. There were more mechanics in the enemies. New abilities were unlocked and you tried to use the professions to your advantage. So level 11 and above build on what you learned in the first 10 levels. Level 60 then build on what you learned before.

Right now going from level 1-120 most of the stuff you see and do is meaningless. The professions are pointless until you reach level 111 and above. The skills are assigned automatically not giving you any meaningful information on what or why it is happening. There is no challenge in the enemies. The gear you get is mostly pointless as well due to various stat squishes. So why even level in the first place? Also the stories are meaningless because it all feels jumbled together by this point.

Anyway as I said - either give a game mechanic a meaning or get rid of it...

10+ Year Old Account
    I would take it a step further and just remove levels all together. It really serves no purpose, it's just a means to an end and the game begin at max level.

Even if you enjoy it, questing in the zones etc, you can still quest. Do the zones for lore or fun or w/e, but adding levels to it makes no sense. Just scale the content so it will always be fairly challenging.

Face it, there is no specific content for like level 118 and most people just rush it anyway. Save us some time and let us get going with max level content straight away if we want to.

Levels feels so outdated in modern gaming. Some will say "levels is what makes an mmorp what it is" but I say it's endgame what makes WoW what it is. Doing dungeons, battlegrounds, arena, raids and other stuff at max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    How do you ruin a game that's already deep down in the shitter? It's desperation mode for Blizzard, they have been leaking more subs than Azeroth blood in this expansion. Doing the same-old new zone, new expansion thing isn't going to work long-term.
    well ofc its desperation move.

but one that is most likely meant to speed up selling of char boosts.

notice how this survey suggest reduce in price of boost to 40 euro from 60 becuase of reduced number of levels.

i can tell you right now - at 40 shitload of people will buy it because 20 makes big difference here

hell if they reduced it to 25-30 i guarantee you nobody would ever level only they would be buying booosts

i tell you the reason why they make rework of leveling is to make wow more into moba with people mainly buying booosts and only caring about endgame.

this falls exackly in line with allied races.

you will see one of "huge" reweals of blizzcon will be that they will remove limits of how many toons you can create in your account - i can see it already
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-06-16 at 02:02 PM.

This is something many people have been asking for for a while, and now everyone is acting as if that's some horrible idea. This is another example why Blizzard can't ever win, in the eyes of a group of people at least.

For me it doesn't really matter whether there's 1000 levels or 50. I'm more interested in how they want to speed up / slow down the leveling process to the cap, if that is the case at all. If they just want to squish the numbers, I couldn't care less

3+ Year Old Account

notice how this survey suggest reduce in price of boost to 40 euro from 60 becuase of reduced number of levels.

i can tell you right now - at 40 shitload of people will buy it because 20 makes big difference here

hell if they reduced it to 25-30 i guarantee you nobody would ever level only they would be buying booosts
    i would still pay 60 or 80 now if it meant i could flat out buy a max lvl boost, i just cant stand leveling anymore

well looks like WoW will be dead to me soon.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    How do you ruin a game that's already deep down in the shitter?
    I dunno... but they manage to do so with every patch it seems...

They have no clue what they are doing and instead of properly managing the game they are screwing it up with their shortcuts and removing content and progression from players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    This is something many people have been asking for for a while, and now everyone is acting as if that's some horrible idea. This is another example why Blizzard can't ever win, in the eyes of a group of people at least.

For me it doesn't really matter whether there's 1000 levels or 50. I'm more interested in how they want to speed up / slow down the leveling process to the cap, if that is the case at all. If they just want to squish the numbers, I couldn't care less
    You do know that theres many people who play this game with differing preferences and opinions right?

well ofc its desperation move.

i tell you the reason why they make rework of leveling is to make wow more into moba with people mainly buying booosts and only caring about endgame.

this falls exackly in line with allied races.

you will see one of "huge" reweals of blizzcon will be that they will remove limits of how many toons you can create in your account - i can see it already
    Blizzard is too stupid to see long-term effects like selling boosts. I notice it a lot, I still level alts traditionally through dungeons and even if I have Tank/Heal/DPS checked I still have to wait a lot. They undermine everything, if you sell boosts people will skip and make the leveling process worse for all others that don't buy boosts. Blizzard is killing off their own game, slowly. They don't realize it and add more convenience and things to speed up everything. The only thing they really speed up is their demise. WoW retail is in deep trouble and the main reason is Blizzards incompetence and short term profit. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that selling boosts to skip content will make the people that level up normally have a worse time and be mad at the game and ultimately quit.

Everything in design, features, QoL has an up and downside. And it can cascade out of control. I think WoW is cascading out of control with no way back. It is, at this point, doomed to fail. There is nothing we can do, nothing Blizzard can do. The only solution is to start anew and do it better. Funnily enough that is exactly what is happening (Classic). It is ignorant and arrogant to believe what we have now is the best possible outcome for WoW. Mistakes are human and Blizzard did tons of mistakes in the evolution of WoW. They can do better, we deserve better.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-06-16 at 08:34 PM.

See, this is why we cant trust anything anyone says....ever...this guy is GUARANTEEING that if the price of a boost was reduced by 50%, not a single person would play through the levels. Putting all the people lvling for the allied race heritage armors, this is still an absolutely absurd statement to make.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Everything in design, features, QoL has an up and downside.
    What is the downside to the removal of the keyring? Colourblind mode? AOE looting? "immersion" and "realism" really dont count in a game were you get a dragon in the mail. And it is in every single mailbox on the planet. And another planet. And another timezone.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    See, this is why we cant trust anything anyone says....ever...this guy is GUARANTEEING that if the price of a boost was reduced by 50%, not a single person would play through the levels. Putting all the people lvling for the allied race heritage armors, this is still an absolutely absurd statement to make.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the downside to the removal of the keyring? Colourblind mode? AOE looting? "immersion" and "realism" really dont count in a game were you get a dragon in the mail. And it is in every single mailbox on the planet. And another planet. And another timezone.
    A faster pace directly influences economy (if you can aoe loot, you loot more materials/gold). 30 mobs in 1 click or 30 mobs in 30 clicks is a big difference when it affects millions of players. There is no perfect game change, it is impossible. Keys clogging up inventory space made more inventory space desirable, it gave greater "value" to it because keys, just like ammo/ingredients, were part of your inventory.

Colorblind mode is an accessibility improvement I would not count as a change to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    That's not a good system and you've probably realized it by now.
    No, not really. It is a good system. As most people use old regions to quest up their crafting. And for that you wont have to use the trader.

And if you want to make gold by farming old mats.. there should be no market for old mats or money making. It already is not nowadays, as people skip crafting in old content.

If you look for a bad system, take the current implementation.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-06-16 at 09:19 PM.

No, not really. It is a good system. As most people use old regions to quest up their crafting. And for that you wont have to use the trader.
    I don't care about most people, either Blizz should revamp the professions from the groud and make it so vanilla has maybe 3 ore types and 3 herb types, 2 for bc and so on, or don't take my choice away. I wanna mine what I target. I craft transmogs for my alts, for the AH, imagine if you wanted copper, but could only get whatsitcalled Thorium, I think is the best vanilla ore. So thorium. I mine thorium, then I visit some arbitary trader that would tell me X amount of Thorium is equal to y amount of copper. No thanks.
    Also imagine the AH. Where eventually you only see thorium, because most people have maxed out their profs. That would be terrible! You ruined the AH too btw, grats on that I guess.
    Just think about the profs that are using the ores, where you need both the "cheap" ore and the expensive + even the rare one, (both Obsidium, Elementium and Pyrite in Cata for example.)

And if you want to make gold by farming old mats.. there should be no market for old mats or money making. It already is not nowadays, as people skip crafting in old content.
    Well I honestly hope you don't live off of these ideas of yours, I'd be sorry for your players.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-06-16 at 09:34 PM.