10+ Year Old Account

Have been in the past 2 days been reported afk from a battlegroudn

Even though I've been active and doing things. This is clearly not a bug and is abuse of the system. Why is this kind of crap allowed?

*been reported AFK 5 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Even though I've been active and doing things. This is clearly not a bug and is abuse of the system. Why is this kind of crap allowed?

*been reported AFK 5 times.
    If you have screenshots, you can report it to Blizzard.

You get a debuff now if the game is receiving reports of you being inactive.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    If you have screenshots, you can report it to Blizzard.

You get a debuff now if the game is receiving reports of you being inactive.
    So if i don't have screenshots i'm out of luck then?

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    So if i don't have screenshots i'm out of luck then?
    You can always report it, but chances aren't good either way.

It's like getting vote-kicked from group finder for no reason, there's very little they can do, really.

But to be frank it seems unlikely to me you'd be kicked five times in two days for NO reason at all. Were you doing something weird? Not following the team's efforts? Sabotaging them in some way, actively or indirectly? I've abused BGs in the past to get a big enough group for UI configuration, and I've never been kicked. People haven't even mentioned me. I find it hard to believe that you just played your best and somehow got kicked FIVE times. There must be some special circumstances at play here.

What kind of strange servers do you guys live on?

This stuff from this threads never happened to me.

And on this case, random BG's, ive done thousands just in BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard of russian teams mass-afking people with shitty gear but other than that no idea why people would report you for no reason.

Seems unlikely theres no reason for it.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    But to be frank it seems unlikely to me you'd be kicked five times in two days for NO reason at all. Were you doing something weird? Not following the team's efforts? Sabotaging them in some way, actively or indirectly? I've abused BGs in the past to get a big enough group for UI configuration, and I've never been kicked. People haven't even mentioned me. I find it hard to believe that you just played your best and somehow got kicked FIVE times. There must be some special circumstances at play here.
    Quite. This isn't something that's likely to happen for no reason at all. It's probably down to one of three things:

1) Something weird and situational like getting put in matches with Russian players who are systematically kicking people with "bad" gear or who they otherwise dislike. I've never seen this happen, but I guess I could envision it. If so though I would think the OP would have noticed a bunch of players with Cyrillic names in the match every time this happened.

2) The OP is off doing something that looks very much like AFKing. It's impossible to say what this would be without knowing the BG this happened in, but I have seen people who insist on not engaging with the actual objectives, and instead fuck around just wandering about the back field of their team's side (not even guarding) or similarly messing around. They're usually very easy to see as the only person in that area on the map, and having little evidence of interaction with the enemy. I kind of think AFK-voting these people is somewhat valid, because they're rarely positively contributing. I note the OP says he was "active and doing things", which seems a bit like what you'd say if this was what you were doing.

3) The OP is just being a massive jerk in chat and people decided to punish him by voting him AFK. I've seen it happen. I can't I'm sorry to see people like that go.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Quite. This isn't something that's likely to happen for no reason at all. It's probably down to one of three things:

1) Something weird and situational like getting put in matches with Russian players who are systematically kicking people with "bad" gear or who they otherwise dislike. I've never seen this happen, but I guess I could envision it. If so though I would think the OP would have noticed a bunch of players with Cyrillic names in the match every time this happened.

2) The OP is off doing something that looks very much like AFKing. It's impossible to say what this would be without knowing the BG this happened in, but I have seen people who insist on not engaging with the actual objectives, and instead fuck around just wandering about the back field of their team's side (not even guarding) or similarly messing around. They're usually very easy to see as the only person in that area on the map, and having little evidence of interaction with the enemy. I kind of think AFK-voting these people is somewhat valid, because they're rarely positively contributing. I note the OP says he was "active and doing things", which seems a bit like what you'd say if this was what you were doing.

3) The OP is just being a massive jerk in chat and people decided to punish him by voting him AFK. I've seen it happen. I can't I'm sorry to see people like that go.
    Or he has 90k health gear and is being reported for it?
    Dont know if this is even a "thing" though.
    Maybe it is on different servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    I've heard of russian teams mass-afking people with shitty gear but other than that no idea why people would report you for no reason.

Seems unlikely theres no reason for it.
    How do you first get into a russian team to then get kicked from it for shitty gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    How do you first get into a russian team to then get kicked from it for shitty gear?
    On EU realm forum theres this russian that posts about how they play and shit, he/she said they mass-report other russians AFK with bad gear.

I didn't mean random EU people, for all we know the OP is Russian.

for all we know the OP is Russian.
    OK, didn't think about that
    Last edited by Twdft; 2019-06-16 at 04:41 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even know you could be vote-kicked for AFK without the game first Flagging you as AFK.

If you move around and say "I'm not afk" when the notification pops up I thought you couldn't be kicked?

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    On EU realm forum theres this russian that posts about how they play and shit, he/she said they mass-report other russians AFK with bad gear.

I didn't mean random EU people, for all we know the OP is Russian.
    If you play on EU-English servers it's possible to be matched with people from Russian servers, which often creates unpleasant situations too. Even though the realms are separate, all the LFG and BG systems are common for all those "specific-language" servers and the regular EN servers. It's not rare to meet a Russian premade in a random bg. Same with mythic+ pugs. Russian-only players often refuse to communicate in English. They aren't always bad but it's generally hard to play with them due to their attitudes.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-06-16 at 11:55 PM.

im sure op only stepped away from his computer for a minute to get a drink. thats not afk!

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    im sure op only stepped away from his computer for a minute to get a drink. thats not afk!
    Unless he took his keyboard with him, it literally is.

Look i think we all know there is something more going on here - chances are you are not being reported afk but causing all kinds of drama in the group and trying to be clever and troll, and the group kicks you out. I have been removed from BGs DOZENS of times for being "afk"...............and every single time i was AFK.

The idea that it happened isnt unheard of i am sure. Twice? unusual, but not impossible. 3 times? now we have more than a coincidence, we have a pattern. But FIVE times? - now we are missing a big part of the picture.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-06-17 at 12:06 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that found this story to be suspect. Maybe if it happened once. But five times? Did the OP think we are all dumb enough to believe that
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore