Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Trump wanted to have a mid-presidency war boost and have people unquestioningly follow him into battle with Iran, he shouldn't have conducted the past five years of his life as a bald-faced liar no one believes.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the US REALLY believed Iran was doing that, would they allow Iraq to keep buying gas?

U.S. allows Iraq to import Iranian energy for three more months

cause seems like you'd want to clamp down on a bad actor, not keep the status quo

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    I'm not wasting my time, I'm pointing out how stupid Iran apologist and how pathetic they're willing to be. Being anti-war is completely different from being a pathetic conspiracy theorist. Iran does nothing but support terrorists, their support for terrorist groups is well documents and is not even denied by the Iranian government itself, at some point their leader replied "so what? we support terrorist groups but so do you". Yet people seem to rush to defend them even when they are caught red-handed. Why can't these people just stand up for their beliefs rather than deny the undeniable? Stand up for your real opinion and stop hiding behind conspiracy theories. Say your real opinion: "I don't mind if Iran attacked oil vessels, I don't mind Iran supporting terrorism, I don't mind Iran developing nukes and I blame the US for the sanctions, not Iran for attacking tankers". But they are shamed by their opinion so they hide behind these conspiracy theories. They are cowards as they submit to terrorists just like they are cowards because they don't' even dare speak out their true opinion. Cowards who don't even dare speak their minds have no place leading nations and have no place among people with honor and dignity.
    They weren't caught red handed. There's no proof it was Iran. Do you know what caught red handed means?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even arresting the guys on the boat during the attack can be not enough for some people as long as Iran denies it. "Oh they're not our men, someone hired these Iranians and they are acting on behalf of someone else who wants to escalate the situation" .. and people would believe it, I know you would question it and go like "why would Iran do that? Yes it seems reasonable that this is a conspiracy" ... there can never be enough evidence for conspiracy theorists, nothing but full admission from Iran.
    You are doing exactly the same thing you are accusing others off, hilariously stupid. Especially if you know nobody here is blindly defending Iran so you even have exaggerate to make a point.

Well at least i'm glad your kind on this forum is so easily identifiable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not wasting my time, I'm pointing out how stupid Iran apologist and how pathetic they're willing to be. Being anti-war is completely different from being a pathetic conspiracy theorist. Iran does nothing but support terrorists, their support for terrorist groups is well documents and is not even denied by the Iranian government itself, at some point their leader replied "so what? we support terrorist groups but so do you". Yet people seem to rush to defend them even when they are caught red-handed. Why can't these people just stand up for their beliefs rather than deny the undeniable? Stand up for your real opinion and stop hiding behind conspiracy theories. Say your real opinion: "I don't mind if Iran attacked oil vessels, I don't mind Iran supporting terrorism, I don't mind Iran developing nukes and I blame the US for the sanctions, not Iran for attacking tankers". But they are shamed by their opinion so they hide behind these conspiracy theories. They are cowards as they submit to terrorists just like they are cowards because they don't' even dare speak out their true opinion. Cowards who don't even dare speak their minds have no place leading nations and have no place among people with honor and dignity.
    so your pretty much whining "if you dont blame them for every bad thing we cant prove(in this case the tankers, the IAEA and the Trump admin signed off that they aren't bulding nukes yet)), your ignoring the bad things we can prove too!!!(the terrorism ties)"

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I'm not wasting my time, I'm pointing out how stupid Iran apologist and how pathetic they're willing to be. .
    Just for asking for a source for your claims?

lol

10+ Year Old Account
    If we have to condemn every nation that has ties to or supported terrorism at one point, you're going to have a pretty long list.

Not even sure what point is being made with focussing blindly on just that.

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    So the Iranian Revolutionary Guard was on their patrol boat next to the tanker in question, pulling a defective, unexploded mine off the side of the tanker . . .

I know, they saw someone put a mine on the tanker and, as the mine's timer counted down, they heroically sailed over and pulled the mine off, saving the tanker!

Do you think the moderator will ask about this attack during the upcoming debates? What do you think Bernie, Warren and Biden will say?
    Germany is correct. It is not nearly enough.

More likely than not, it was the semi-autonomous IRGC that did this without knowledge of the Khameni or the rest of the government. Over the last decade and change, they've gone from being an organ of the state to pretty much the real power. Nominally, they answer to Khameni and the Clerics. As a practical matter, they've grown so much in power they can do what they please.

The most likely explanation for why Iran would put mines on a Japanese ship while the Supreme Leader (Khameni) was meeting with the Japanese Prime Minister, is that the IRGC wanted to send the Clerical leadership, including Khameni, a message. Japan and Iran have had very good relations for years. Khameni would have no reason to order an attack on Japan of all countries, but Japan acting as an intermediary between the West (namely the US) and Khameni to denuclearize is a promising diplomatic route.

The IRGC attacking a Japanese ship is a clear message to Khameni and Japan: to hell with that idea.

So Germany is fundamentally right, because it's not clear (in fact, it's very unlikely) if "Iran" did this, as in the Iranian state, on orders from the Supreme Leader. It's very likely the IRGC did this of its own initiative, in which case the Iranian government would not be wholly culpable. If that's the case, the solution is to continue a counter-intelligence campaign against the IRGC, and nothing more.

And this, for the record, is what a real "deep state" looks like, not the make believe one Trumpkins want to pretend America has just because President Crybaby can't get his way due to the rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If we have to condemn every nation that has ties to or supported terrorism at one point, you're going to have a pretty long list.

Not even sure what point is being made with focussing blindly on just that.
    pretty sure its any nation that isnt 100% surrounded by water

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    An American false flag wouldn't be surprising either, given the history of naval false flags and lying on the world stage to justify wars.

Saudi Arabia seems like the wild card. They've got similar motivations and I wouldn't really expect them to be on the up and up, so they're worth at least casting a glance at.
    Won't be the first time. If we trust Daniel Ellsberg, and I do, the Vietnam War started on false pretense and without provocation from the NV.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    pretty sure its any nation that isnt 100% surrounded by water
    You can stop after "nation".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You can stop after "nation".
    well, I figured Greenland and Iceland probly haven't

I wouldn't bet on that, there are humans living there...

10+ Year Old Account
    Greenland is part of Denmark.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Didn't the owner of the tanker say that it wasn't a mine? He said it was a flying object. But I get the impression you knew this already.
    He did. But before he said so, Bolton said he had "intelligence" it was 100% an iranian mine...now Bolton looks stupid.

Bolton probably got a small dick, always want to invade something...

Flying object? Missile? Artillery? Before I heard I assumed this was some terrorist attack like usss cole from 2000
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-06-18 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    He did. But before he said so, Bolton said he had "intelligence" it was 100% an iranian mine...now Bolton looks stupid.

Bolton probably got a small dick, always want to invade something...
    He was one of the architects behind the Iraq invasion, so, it isn't surprising. Which is why no one but retards and neo-cons wanted Bolton anywhere near the White House again.

Issue is, your definition would include the UK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scourge of Azuremyst View Post
    Issue is, your definition would include the UK.
    They share a land border with Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Germany is correct. It is not nearly enough.

More likely than not, it was the semi-autonomous IRGC that did this without knowledge of the Khameni or the rest of the government. Over the last decade and change, they've gone from being an organ of the state to pretty much the real power. Nominally, they answer to Khameni and the Clerics. As a practical matter, they've grown so much in power they can do what they please.

The most likely explanation for why Iran would put mines on a Japanese ship while the Supreme Leader (Khameni) was meeting with the Japanese Prime Minister, is that the IRGC wanted to send the Clerical leadership, including Khameni, a message. Japan and Iran have had very good relations for years. Khameni would have no reason to order an attack on Japan of all countries, but Japan acting as an intermediary between the West (namely the US) and Khameni to denuclearize is a promising diplomatic route.

The IRGC attacking a Japanese ship is a clear message to Khameni and Japan: to hell with that idea.

So Germany is fundamentally right, because it's not clear (in fact, it's very unlikely) if "Iran" did this, as in the Iranian state, on orders from the Supreme Leader. It's very likely the IRGC did this of its own initiative, in which case the Iranian government would not be wholly culpable. If that's the case, the solution is to continue a counter-intelligence campaign against the IRGC, and nothing more.

And this, for the record, is what a real "deep state" looks like, not the make believe one Trumpkins want to pretend America has just because President Crybaby can't get his way due to the rules.
    To add to this, Germany isn't being naive. The Chancellor said in an interview today that there is strong evidence. Just not enough to warrant action. But definitely enough to warrant looking into it, if only to find out the whodunit in the first place and then action an appropriate response. That is a reasonable reaction. Not calling for war instantly. See, what gets me suspicious isn't even the lack of evidence. It's that I almost heard Trump's call for war before I heard there was something going on with tankers in the strait... I mean, at least pretend you're looking at evidence and give it a day.

No, actually, he send a carrier back to the Gulf a week before this conveniently happened, didn't he? Or something... I don't remember exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    They share a land border with Ireland.
    And also, the UK consists of four nations. All of which have done what we'd call terrorism today at some point in history. I mean, nobody's innocent in that department. It's only last century that we decided terror wasn't a legit weapon in warfare.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Didn't the owner of the tanker say that it wasn't a mine? He said it was a flying object. But I get the impression you knew this already.
    A UFO planted the mine!! I knew it!
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.