7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...eaked-n1017991

People have bad news, better fire them.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Couldn't just leave it at those first 5 words, could he?
    Geezus! This guy is impossible.

Also on Father's Day, Trump went golfing with Lindsay Graham. Break that down with your drive-by psychology.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

A poll should be done on which is the more dishonest and deceitful newspaper, the Failing New York Times or the Amazon (lobbyist) Washington Post! They are both a disgrace to our Country, the Enemy of the People, but I just can’t seem to figure out which is worse? The good.....

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    .....news is that at the end of 6 years, after America has been made GREAT again and I leave the beautiful White House (do you think the people would demand that I stay longer? KEEP AMERICA GREAT), both of these horrible papers will quickly go out of business & be forever gone!
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...52529428717568
    Lets defy the constitution for reasons! The delusion is strong with this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...52529428717568
    Lets defy the constitution for reasons! The delusion is strong with this one.
    Trump cannot stand the idea of being an ex-president. It goes against everything he believes about "Leadership". He believes once in power, it must be held forever. Yet people are going to act surprised when he either announces he is running again or just permanently suspends elections. Or at least attempts too.

Or if he doesn't win in 2020, they will then act all surprised when he declares the whole thing rigged and tries to stay. He will never peacefully turn over power. There isn't a cell in his body that allows him to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Trump cannot stand the idea of being an ex-president. It goes against everything he believes about "Leadership". He believes once in power, it must be held forever. Yet people are going to act surprised when he either announces he is running again or just permanently suspends elections. Or at least attempts too.

Or if he doesn't win in 2020, they will then act all surprised when he declares the whole thing rigged and tries to stay. He will never peacefully turn over power. There isn't a cell in his body that allows him to do so.
    my bet is he claims his first presidency was so hamstrung by the mueller investigation it doesn't count so he gets a do over.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    my bet is he claims his first presidency was so hamstrung by the mueller investigation it doesn't count so he gets a do over.
    Didn't he - or someone within the Right Wing sphere - already say that though?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Yep...when called on it he claimed it was a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Oh I'm sure he'll leave; he'll just never stop bitching that the election against him was rigged or that the deep state sabotaged him. He'll come up with some blindingly stupid "lock her up"-esque soundbite to bandy about then retire to live on an island somewhere while pulling in money from being an active commentator on Fox news about how things were so much better under his leadership.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Oh yeah, he's zealots try that all the damn time, and it's stupid when someone here tries it and even more so when a Senator tries it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...YqX?li=BBnb7Kz

Just two days before the president is set to kick off his bid for re-election, a top adviser said on Sunday that the campaign was cutting ties with three of its five pollsters to prevent further disclosure of survey data.The polling showed Mr. Trump behind former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. in several key battleground states, including by double digits in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.
    LOL! If nothing else kills this presidency it'll be Trump's inability to handle the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...YqX?li=BBnb7Kz

LOL! If nothing else kills this presidency it'll be Trump's inability to handle the truth.
    They probably refused to accept bots as part of their sample pool.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Capitalist View Post
    I give Trump a lot of shit but I'm glad he is actually confronting the CPC even if its with Tariffs. I ask anyone here, how would you go about it? What sort of clash doesn't have immense cost?
    I'll have to get into the what to do part of it later. But people like yourself get so aroused waving your rage boner across the world stage when it comes to cost benefit youll cut your nose off to spite your face if it means you can give your enemy a paper cut and chalk it up as a huge victory.

It's called cost benefit and don't ng something that hurts yourself as badly if not worse than who you're trying to hurt in the short and long term means it's a stupid idea.

You just want something to be done. And stupidly don't care if it hurts us more than them as long as they're hurt.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

https://www.theroot.com/report-intel...ybe-1835560314

atleast hes not politically correct right? hillary criticizing ur halloween costume( which she didnt even do but for an example of a super PC thing ) was objectively worst than having a man whos own intelligence officers are scared to give him info for fear he will give it to them...but i guess its just him owniing the "SJWs" by giving intel to oour enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    https://www.theroot.com/report-intel...ybe-1835560314

atleast hes not politically correct right? hillary criticizing ur halloween costume( which she didnt even do but for an example of a super PC thing ) was objectively worst than having a man whos own intelligence officers are scared to give him info for fear he will give it to them...but i guess its just him owniing the "SJWs" by giving intel to oour enemies.
    Christ, that should be front page news on every respectable newspaper in the goddamned country.

Our own fucking intelligence doesn't trust Donald Trump.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Christ, that should be front page news on every respectable newspaper in the goddamned country.

Our own fucking intelligence doesn't trust Donald Trump.
    It should, but unfortunately we live in one hell of a retarded timeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of conspiracy theories that Trump and The Cult would spread through social media would be astounding if news sites started pushing en masse reports of the distrust between Cheeto and the Intelligence Agencies.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

He'll also go back to his whinging at whatever President is in office in each term after him. "I wouldn't have done that", "X just messed this up, should have this Y" and you can probably sprinkle in some conspiracy theories.
    It will be harder to do that from prison.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Personally, I just wish he'd stop going from MAGA to KAG and back again. You can't do the second if you're still going on about the first!
    Lucky for him, his supporters aren't the sharpest tools in the shed to notice the inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    It will be harder to do that from prison.
    With the kind of prison he'd go to I'm sure he'll have plenty of internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's talk about the border Wall.

It's fucked.

Trump is insisting that an upcoming deal to put caps on federal spending -- yeah, we passed a tax cut for the rich and suddenly there's not enough money who would have guessed? -- also have $5 billion in Wall funds.

Now, bear in mind, Trump has already been clear that he doesn't need Congress for Wall funds.

I could do the wall over a longer period of time. I didn’t need to do this [national emergency]. But I would rather do it much faster

So it's legitimate to associate Trump's plea for money, after his Trump Shutdown failed and he openly admitted he'd rather raid military pensions and defense system funds than get the money the standard way, as an open admission of defeat. It's actually pretty pathetic.

More importantly, it's not going to work.

The problem is threefold.

1) The GOP is not fully behind this, even though many (like McConnell) have realized that they will lose re-election if they don't attach firmly to Trump. But that doesn't mean they like it. And as any teacher knows, you can't teach a subject you don't understand, at least, not very well. Similar here, you can't push a party to vote for something you don't believe in yourself, at least, not very well. It's not like McConnell is a great actor.

That's why the WH pushing this topic isn't working very well, even out of the starting gate. During a Wednesday meeting between McConnell and Sen. Shelby (RL-TD, head of Senate Appropriations) met with the Secretary of the Treasury and the WH Chief of Staff, they --

"He doesn't exist."

The acting WH Chief of Staff, in preparations for the massive spending deal @Skroe keeps bringing up because it's hella important, nothing about the Wall was actually decided.

2) Then, there's Pelosi, her sunglasses, and the explosion she's walking away from.

As we've seen time and time again, cutting the budget is really fucking difficult. Every Conservative agrees it should be done. Nobody wants their own pet projects cut. Find me ten GOP members of the House willing to cut military spending. No, wait, five. Fuck it, two. Find two.

Yeah, not so simple, is it?

Thing is, Democrats, especially House Democrats, are really big on social services. And no budget deal passes without Pelosi and the House. And they are going to push hard for maintaining, and probably an expansion of, nonmilitary spending. As well as, you know, no drops in Medicare or Medicaid or SS.

When the GOP runs into Pelosi, they might be able to chip her numbers down some, but they will not be able to do that while also asking for the Wall funds Trump demands. Any reduction they get Pelosi to sign off on, will have to be met by GOP concessions too.

And again, there's a far greater chance they'll concede things they don't really want anyhow...like the Wall.

3) But then there's the real problem: Trump's ego vs. Trump's chances in 2020.

Backed up against the Wall, he finds himself with few options. Joined by the WH budget director, the -

"He doesn't exist either."

The acting WH budget director, Trump is pushing for $5 billion in Wall funds and $500 million in troop deployments based on numbers from the Director of Homeland Security, in --

"She doesn't exist either."

From the acting DHS office. But it doesn't come from anyone else. It's a one-man show, and as listed above, it's getting a pretty bad score on Rotten Tomatoes.

Realistically, there are three options. All bad.

A) Promise Pelosi anything in exchange for Wall funds. Based on her requests so far, that's likely to get the Tea Party screaming about a $2 trillion budget, as Pelosi takes Trump 20-to-1 or more before agreeing to his Wall funds. Losing the Tea Party, or worse, being publicly thrashed by Pelosi will cost Trump poll numbers -- numbers he won't get back by 2020, because there won't be a second budget deal.

B) Hold fast to his claimed principles, and have a second Trump Shutdown. This will cost his number as well, worse than last time. It will also cost the stock market, worse than it did last time. Why worse? Because the safe assumption with a lot of screaming, bawling, temper tantrum throwing toddlers is they haven't been smacked yet. Trump has been spanked on his obese orange bottom in front of the entire world. So, if he tries it again, it means he's really planning on riding it out. Since Pelosi still has zero reasons to cave, and the GOP both can't and won't force the issue, Trump would either be gambling on letting the country fall apart and trying to blame everyone who isn't Trump...or, worse, because he's Far Cry 3ing and expecting different results from the same actions.

Simply put, Trump's campaign promises are now in direct conflict with each other. It's not possible for him to fight the Democrats and lower the budget gap, and also, get his Wall.

"You said three options."

C) War with Iran, "requiring" a massive change in budget priorities without admitting defeat.

There is no good solution for Trump here. And he either knows it, or he's insane. There is no third option.

I'll let @Skroe drop his patented catchphrase on this one. You know the one.