Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    faction merge? well i'm done.
    I said it all the way back in vanilla once i see a Gnome in the Horde i will quit this game forever, guess 9.0 is that time then.

ps, Baine makes peace? he is the biggest traitor in the Horde as we speak, not only did he betray the Warchief now he did it before with Theramore aswell. Blizzard rly needs a good story to ever make Baine a Horde member again since he has proven that he will always betray the Horde if he has the option.

Also boar creature in the Horde as an Allied race? guess you talk about Quilboar then and this makes it very clear to me that this is fake.
    Quilboar are the enemies of the Orcs and Taurens for years and years there is no way this is going to happen.
    So you predicted in vanilla that the might merge factions one day? Sounds totally believable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we ban these sort of threads. Unless there's some legit source, 4chan isn't a legit source for information.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

What is ESO's leveling system?

It's literally as if someone took all the theories and predictions from the last 2 months and put them in the same post. Guess we're finally in that pre-blizzcon "leaks" hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HulkSmasher View Post
    Mechagnomes…. no Sethrak

oh god please be fake
    Unfortunately that part is not false, Mechagnomes are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalfirefly View Post
    What is ESO's leveling system?
    Think of it like a more modern and streamlined version of evwrquests AA system

Basically, the game is 1-50 but at 50 you unlock champion points which open different trees you can invest in for minute differences that slowly add up over time (such as spell penetration .25% per point)

5+ Year Old Account
    vague enough and just random/simple enough that i'd see blizz do something like this. Tinker is in so many fan theories but we are overdue for a new mail-wearing class either way.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Pve or pvp server? Just curious.

Play wc1-2 and tell me it isn’t better as horde vs alliance.

Joining forces to take on generic super villains is boring, bad writing and so Saturday morning cartoon

But an expac where each suffers true consequences (lost capital cities, plural) and maybe being barred from a continent under war would’ve been better.

The faction war isn’t just a pillar; it is THE single pillar the entire game is built upon.

Without it, what’s left? The rpg elements are gone. The social elements are gone. The ladder progression is gone... we’ll be stuck with a wow that’s seasonal and everyone is best friends and shares one capital with nothing but generic AF boring one dimensional “heroes”
    diehard pve. Full disclosure, while I don't want to deny anyone's fun, if the decide to cut pvp tomorrow I wouldn't mind it in the slightest. And on some levels I think pvp harms the game because of balancing issues for pve vs pvp.

Played wc2 religiously. And for a rts having such a hard divide is great, it's just not something that pulls me into a RPG. I play RPG's for the greater story, the evil villians, the scheming shadowy forces, the demon invasions (and maybe the occasional 'classic' war, if done well). I my eyes if they hadn't focussed on external villians for pretty much all wow content the game would be dead a long time ago.

What would be left without the faction conflict? I'd say about 95% of the game. With actual impact would there be if the removed the faction conflict? Not that I'm championing that. We would still have pretty much all of the elements we've had, the biggest 'pvp-ish' event I can think of, garrosh, could still very well have happened. Because even in a setting without a hard H/A divide you could have conflict, but more factional based. Which I think would work heaps better the shoving all horde and alliance in two piles and force them to go at it.

I'm still 100% with you on the bigger consequences though. If done right it'd be quite interesting to have your faction 'displaced' and forced from their main hubs. (ME3 comes to mind, where you are on the run alot)

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    So you predicted in vanilla that the might merge factions one day? Sounds totally believable.
    To be fair, alot of people went apeshit back when Paladin and Shaman became available to the other faction. I was doing victory laps around Orgrimmar because I would finally be able to get Blessing of Salvation personally .

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    • Allegedly 8.3 was going to include Tyrande's revenge but since people were dissatisfied with the start of the expansion it got bumped forward
    I call this BS since, as far as I know, Blizzard considers the Darkshore warfront the night elves' revenge.

• The next expansion will deal with the resurgence of the dragons (Wrathion finally comes back) as well as dealing with the forces of Death. Elune, some sort of aspect of the Light, has become "frenemies" with Death. Naturally the kaldorei are devastated that their goddess worked towards/allowed Tel'drassil to burn
    The dragons are basically done after they gave up their Aspect powers to defeat Deathwing, becoming much weaker, and mortal. Also, as much as Blizzard seems to not like giving good stories to the night elves, I doubt even they would be stupid enough to shit that much on the NE players twice in a row.

• New class is Tinker with prestige classes along with it. Prestige classes being "class skins" you would have to unlock with Necromacer, Dragonsworn, and Dark Shaman in-progress at the moment.
    • Dragonsworn are a Driud skin and he gave the example that flame and frost would replace lunar cycles
    • Prestige classes are a seperate class. So if you played a Druid and unlocked Dragonsworn you would then have to make a new character rather than slap a skin on your Druid
    This is bullshit. It isn't "class skin" if I have to create another character to play it. That's backwards design. Blizzard may have done some very questionable design decisions in the past, but this would be downright stupid and go against their policies of accessibility. Especially since apparently the class would not be changed at all, mechanically, as the word "skin" implies it'd be just a different coat of paint.

• Tinkers start at level 50. Tank/Healer/DPS that use mail armor. Tanks use power armor, Healers use healbots inbetween dpsing, and the DPS se stealth, bombs, mines, and guns
    Another indication this is bullshit. If the Tinkers are a hero class, there is absolute zero reasons to not have them start at the minimum level for the expansion they're introduced in.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    And only few days ago someone complained we don't have these stupid threads yet... Still, it's far too soon, we will have reveal in November (before BfA it was unclear whether reveal will happen on Gamescom or Blizzcon, so hype train started early).

As soon as I saw Necromancers and Dark Shamans, always villains in the lore, listed as playable in this post I knew this was absolutely bull shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I call this BS since, as far as I know, Blizzard considers the Darkshore warfront the night elves' revenge.

The dragons are basically done after they gave up their Aspect powers to defeat Deathwing, becoming much weaker, and mortal. Also, as much as Blizzard seems to not like giving good stories to the night elves, I doubt even they would be stupid enough to shit that much on the NE players twice in a row.

This is bullshit. It isn't "class skin" if I have to create another character to play it. That's backwards design. Blizzard may have done some very questionable design decisions in the past, but this would be downright stupid and go against their policies of accessibility. Especially since apparently the class would not be changed at all, mechanically, as the word "skin" implies it'd be just a different coat of paint.

Another indication this is bullshit. If the Tinkers are a hero class, there is absolute zero reasons to not have them start at the minimum level for the expansion they're introduced in.
    DKs started at level 58 typically and Wrath started at level 70. So....that kind of debunks your claim about hero classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Sounds horrible enough to be true.

Most of it is probably just guessing based on likely outcomes though.
    This. Literally all of this are just a bunch of fan dreams and guessed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Anything in those leaks is better than BFA anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    So it isn’t Warcraft anymore. It’s peace craft

Pathetic
    So there has to be a conflict between Horde and Alliance to be Warcraft? No other species exist?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by SaneOstrich View Post
    diehard pve. Full disclosure, while I don't want to deny anyone's fun, if the decide to cut pvp tomorrow I wouldn't mind it in the slightest. And on some levels I think pvp harms the game because of balancing issues for pve vs pvp.

Played wc2 religiously. And for a rts having such a hard divide is great, it's just not something that pulls me into a RPG. I play RPG's for the greater story, the evil villians, the scheming shadowy forces, the demon invasions (and maybe the occasional 'classic' war, if done well). I my eyes if they hadn't focussed on external villians for pretty much all wow content the game would be dead a long time ago.

What would be left without the faction conflict? I'd say about 95% of the game. With actual impact would there be if the removed the faction conflict? Not that I'm championing that. We would still have pretty much all of the elements we've had, the biggest 'pvp-ish' event I can think of, garrosh, could still very well have happened. Because even in a setting without a hard H/A divide you could have conflict, but more factional based. Which I think would work heaps better the shoving all horde and alliance in two piles and force them to go at it.

I'm still 100% with you on the bigger consequences though. If done right it'd be quite interesting to have your faction 'displaced' and forced from their main hubs. (ME3 comes to mind, where you are on the run alot)
    We can agree to disagree about the factions being so important, and that’s ok.

All things considered, I just want to play the evil monster faction and want the horde to go more wc2. That’s my full disclosure. Thrall and his band of hippies aren’t evil enough for me.

I want a real faction war with real consequences that last forever in wow. (Capital cities wiped out or swapping hands. A certain vanilla race on each side being wiped out forever and no new characters allowed etc) let’s grow that resentment between the two factions rather than make nice and fight some generic (insert villain)

I still liked your post a lot tho, good points and counterpoints.

Take care

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    DKs started at level 58 typically and Wrath started at level 70. So....that kind of debunks your claim about hero classes.
    No, it doesn't. Because:
    • It was the first hero class introduced in the game;
    • There was backlash due to it starting one expansion behind;
    • Demon Hunters apparently rectify that error starting at the expansion's minimum level;
    • Makes no sense from a storytelling perspective;
    • Makes no sense from a gameplay perspective;
    • It goes against their current design philosophy of getting players to experience 'current content' as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    • Claims that WoW will be implementing something akin to ESO's leveling system.
    • The level cap in 9.0 will be 60 and we'll be questing to level 70.
    sadly this sounds sooooo stupid that blizzard would do it....

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No, it doesn't. Because:
    • It was the first hero class introduced in the game;
    • There was backlash due to it starting one expansion behind;
    • Demon Hunters apparently rectify that error starting at the expansion's minimum level;
    • Makes no sense from a storytelling perspective;
    • Makes no sense from a gameplay perspective;
    • It goes against their current design philosophy of getting players to experience 'current content' as soon as possible.
    Or maybe the level squish is actually happening and that's why they're claiming tinkers start at level 50. Maybe the new cap will be 60. We just don't know.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont necessarily believe this, but v has been getting legit leaks lately.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Or maybe the level squish is actually happening and that's why they're claiming tinkers start at level 50. Maybe the new cap will be 60. We just don't know.
    But it says we will level to 70. So within the consistency of the leak it doesn't make sense. If we were to look for a justification, then imho a better one would be a parallel to allied races before BfA. If Blizzrd were to presale us them half a year (or more) early then it would make alot more sense to start with everyone else at level 110 (I guess 50 then?) and level up to 120 (60). Allied races were also fake BfA content, because frankly none of them before zalandari/fatzos have anything to do with BfA. They were clearly an afterthought of Legion and only gated behind a BfA license purchase. A tinker class would be a late mechagon feature tbh, so it imho has strong parallels with the first batch of allied races in that it would just be there to trick people into preordering the next expansion..

Not saying it's true, just that it would certainly be on Blizzard's level.