Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Best way to do it is to make the game fun, so people wouldn't be interested in "pay to skip".

Oh wait, modern gaming design is rotten to the core by the influences of mobile and f2p games that are irritating to play to push people towards "pay to skip" and "pay for convenience".

Whole token system relies on people buying gold in the first place for their irl $$$ and what do they spend extortionate amounts of gold? Overpriced vendor mounts and boosts... mostly boosts. Gold generation got also strangulated to the point only people making money are full time boosters and full time ah flippers, rest can go buy a token... haha.

Boosters exist because there's a customer base, if people stop being interested in being carried through content for the rewards instead of actually playing the content, boosters will have to pack up and go home.

But nope, the whole game design is reward driven and not gameplay driven. Everyone from meager world quester or lfr player to the top tier pvper or hardcore raider or m+ pusher plays the game for the rewards of various kind, not for the "fun and challenge", don't get deceived when anyone claims it's for "fun and challenge", any tweak to the reward system anywhere in the pyramid and you can see clearly it's 100% about chasing the carrot as the uproar starts. And the people pay to skip to the carrot right away, so we have market for boosts.
    There were boost services as far back as Vanilla.
    All MMORPGs on the market have boost services around them.

Your rant falls apart when logic is applied rather than emotion.
    I level 110-120 exclusively through Incursions. Fun and effective.

So you can make troll characters at level 110-119 and lock experiences and anyone that is unfortunate to queue with you in a dungeon gets no XP? Sounds like a really bad idea that will be abused.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    So you can make troll characters at level 110-119 and lock experiences and anyone that is unfortunate to queue with you in a dungeon gets no XP? Sounds like a really bad idea that will be abused.
    This is what I'm afraid of. Islands are the core way I level my alts once they hit BFA. The last thing I want is having my XP growth punished by the actions of another player on my team. This is literally terrible game design.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post

Yep, I have a lvl101 tank and I will f*ck up everyone with this in my party . So they start crying on forums and the re*ard devs have to change or remove this...

I just hope the Classic dev team is separated by a password protected door from these trash devs.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it... why should everyone in the group who just wants to level risk having to run into this guy, then either be forced to clear it until the first boss and leave - or leave right away and get a deserter debuff?

Now, granted, they MIGHT make it so the debuff only counts for those who joined into the group before joining LFG dungeons - but how about that Blizzard just makes leveling -fun- instead?
    Last edited by Sigxy; 2019-06-17 at 02:24 PM.

Everything that isn't how Blizzard wants you to play the game is an exploit now. Some people man... There is a limit on how far you can go up someones arses.

It really is impressive how fixated they are on finding "solutions" that have only negative impact on players. There is absolutely no upside to this. Boosters can't make gold with it anymore, buyers now have to either level the way daddy Blizzard tells you to(tm) or just not level more characters(spoiler, it's gonna be the latter for most people) and it adds the potential to grief innocent players by turning off XP and queuing up for dungeons/islands/joining WQ groups during faction assaults. Maybe they should spend their time fixing actual problems that are making people not want to play rather than add new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Not at all - because that’s something that’s intended (as it’s a sold service). Having a lower level character with XP gain turned off boosting you so you can clear 110-120 is something that’s clearly not intended, thus it’s exploiting one system in favour of another. Is it bannable? Apparently not. Is it something that’s being fixed? Yes.
    Too bad the fix is absolutely trash tier design that benefits nobody and has the potential of hurting innocent players.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Just shows how broken the game is to start with then 110 are all powerful and as you level up to 120 you keep doing less damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    ......Why the hell are you leveling your 10th alt, if you dislike doing repeating content? O.o

Just don't play man. Don't force yourself to do stuff you despise, especially stuff you aren't even forced to do to experience the game.
    To play them at max level, presumably. You know, because maybe they enjoy end game content but not leveling. I know I hate leveling and yet I have 14 120s because I want to play endgame content on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It's not a stupid question at all. Nobody has 10 characters that they raid on. Most people have MAYBE 2-3 alts. If you have a 10th character getting to max level, that's just you being bored. Bitching about how you can't boosts those alts anymore doesn't change the fact that the boosting is definitely an exploit. People should just be glad Blizzard is doing this instead of banning people.
    Maybe nobody you know. I definitely have in the past and probably would now if I had people to raid with that many characters on, but unfortunately the devs keep doing dumb shit that makes people want to play less.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Let `s be honest: 100/101 chars boosting other chars to 120 is a shitty game design, it shouldn`t have happened in the first place.
    They really need to fix the stat scaling.

Also the freehold boost spam in /2 is abysmal - on high pop server the only thing you can read is "boost boost boost boost".
    There are so many people praising classic for it`s "hard content" and the hard level ... and then they get boosted on live.

The implementation of that debuff is stupid though. They should have fixed the scaling issues instead.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    you can level by questing, dungeons, bgs, islands and pet battle pvp. if you don the same quest over and over again thats a you problem

Less spam in trade, so its a good change imho.
    And out of those options one is way faster than the rest, because daddy Blizzard wants you to level through questing. The only ones that come close are timewalking and islands.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    This is what I'm afraid of. Islands are the core way I level my alts once they hit BFA. The last thing I want is having my XP growth punished by the actions of another player on my team. This is literally terrible game design.
    Blame the people who abused the system in such a way so that this fix was needed.. Stop abusing (Or in Political terms "Clever use of game mechanics) functions of the game, and stuff like this woulden't have to happen..

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    Let `s be honest: 100/101 chars boosting other chars to 120 is a shitty game design, it shouldn`t have happened in the first place.
    They really need to fix the stat scaling.

Also the freehold boost spam in /2 is abysmal - on high pop server the only thing you can read is "boost boost boost boost".
    There are so many people praising classic for it`s "hard content" and the hard level ... and then they get boosted on live.

The implementation of that debuff is stupid though. They should have fixed the scaling issues instead.
    Agreed, but it's pretty sad that their solution to a poorly designed/thought out system is an even worse designed bandaid fix.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    very good change

hope they will disable much more to ensure boosting dies out.
    Why? Give me a solid reason other than fanboying.

Blizz: You think you do but you don't

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Blame the people who abused the system in such a way so that this fix was needed.. Stop abusing (Or in Political terms "Clever use of game mechanics) functions of the game, and stuff like this woulden't have to happen..
    Yes, blame the people who want to get through the boring part of the game as quickly as possible so they can play the part they actually find enjoyable.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    At Actizzard HQ:
    -They don't buy enough real money level boost, what should we do?!
    -Lets ruin a perfectly fine, harmless, clever and fun ingame activity, ran by players for ingame gold. How dare they steal our dollars?!?!
    Much like every other service in this game, There is also a real money market for this, Not just gold.

Quote Originally Posted by paragraphgorilla View Post
    Everything that isn't how Blizzard wants you to play the game is an exploit now. Some people man... There is a limit on how far you can go up someones arses.
    I know right? Someone getting to 120 in a decent time framing really stops Johnny Blizzfan from having a good time for some idiotic reason.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It is penalising and warning the wrong people.

What should happen is that a XP locked character SHOULD gain experience (after a warning) in current (inc TW) PVE content.

Other characters should not suffer any ramifications from a player locking XP.
    That eliminates the entire point of locking XP.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yes, blame the people who want to get through the boring part of the game as quickly as possible so they can play the part they actually find enjoyable.
    I don't really see what you find enjoyable about Max level WoW, After Reached Exalted with 7th legion and unlocking the allied race, I don't really see a reason to play anymore, since more Rep is pointless.

Also i don't do dungeons, Raids or PvP as they don't give rep towards the allied race, and doing any form of gear progression is also pointless, as it will just be invalidated soon by the massive ilvl bump of next patch.