Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFind View Post
    Patch 8.2 - Experience Eliminated Aura
    WarcraftSecrets pointed out that Patch 8.2 adds Experience Eliminated, which reduces XP from mobs and quests by 95% if anyone in the group has experience disabled. This was likely done to stop Level 110 characters from boosting players to 120 quickly.

fucking yikes
    im cool pls respodn

Wouldn't this negatively impact if, for whatever reason, a guy who's 60 and xp locked gets randomly grouped with a person who's 60 and not locked who is trying to grind dungeons to powerlevel himself? the xp locked guy would get kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Sure, keep defending poorly designed fixes to non-issues when people are quitting the game en masse already.
    If you're going to make an argument, use facts, not supposition you pulled from your butt. In case you have forgotten, the last known subscribers figure was ~5,500,000 back in November of 2015 which was the final time Blizzard would announce them.

I want the game to be better so people play it more
    Which has absolutely nothing to do with this exploit fix.

It's wasted development time.
    Wasted development time is coming up with work-arounds to an exploit fix because little entitled children are screaming on the Internet.

And the omelette analogy is actually the stupidest thing in the universe, especially when people try to apply it to literally everything. There is nothing forcing them to make this change, they choose to make it, and the way in which they're making the change is extremely poorly designed.
    Exploits are exploits and Blizzard fixes exploits. This is not a hard concept to grasp for most people with at least one functional brain cell.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It is penalising and warning the wrong people.

What should happen is that a XP locked character SHOULD gain experience (after a warning) in current (inc TW) PVE content.

Other characters should not suffer any ramifications from a player locking XP.
    Agreed. If they wanted to keep 110s from boosting people while locked, they should've just made it so that any 110 that's grouped with non-locked people will gain XP (not counting BGs).

EDIT: Oh, and if you're just randomly queueing up for islands solo, it also shouldn't apply. I mean if you're grouping with someone, then going into a dungeon or queueing for something, that's when you should be penalized. I don't think they should penalize 110s for grouping with people to do normal quests.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2019-06-17 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariskovar View Post
    I don't see how reaching exalted with a faction and unlocking an allied race is fun. I appreciate you might want the outcome, but was the process fun?

As for raids, I enjoy the content progression, not the gear. The gear is a pre-requisite or a by-product. My favourite moments in WoW have been killing a raid boss after many tries, or clearing the Challenge Mode dungeons. I don't remember many, if any, gear drop moments.
    I'm not the brightest berry in the bunch so the times when i've guild raided (mostly in WoD & Legion) i've often been treated in a very Demeaning/made fun of way, But i just diden't let it bother me, since the guild is a means to an end to get the gear, so you just have to put up with it in order to progress. But i haven't gotten back into raiding since Nighthold.

So i don't really understand how anyone would "Enjoy" raiding, When it is like that.
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2019-06-17 at 03:39 PM.

Anyone else just get a 50 GB patch downloading suddenly for the main game? 8.2 launching this week??

How is this good ? -- i mean i think who they are really trying to stop are the people who run websites for Power leveling services etc and charge RL Money and that is good but i have done this content more times then i can count. Who the hell cares if i had the option to skip doing the quests in the horde or alliance zones for the ( insert number # ) time and got power leveled instead. This is a company that is playing with the idea of doing a damn lvl squish basically admitting the process of leveling is a pain in the flippin arse. In the end they punish a majority to kill a small minority section of the game doing this for profit. How much you want to bet they add a new item in the store like a 25% exp boost item for 5 to 10 bucks for 3 hours or something. -- If they end up shoving a item in the store like this that might be the last straw for me.

Some are going to read this and think i am nuts but Activision is not good and it is only a matter of time before they go from shoving mounts and toys in the store to offering EXP boosts and stuff too. Those that think they would never well i bet the people who play CoD never thought they would charge for all the stuff that used to be in previous games for money IE -- targeting dot for a Buck -- i rest my case ---

So, if someone joins LFD with this enabled, the entire party will suffer?

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    So, if someone joins LFD with this enabled, the entire party will suffer?
    Sounds like it. Or maby locked XP have their own que, like with PvP

I never used this way to lvling so I don't care !

I'm honestly surprised that people are surprised/upset that this is happening. I mean, do you really think it's intentional or even good game design to have a 110 crush dungeons to help people leveling because of broken ass scaling? And besides, since 8.2 isn't out yet, you should still have enough time to level whatever alts you have left using this method.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    "Exploits"...... lol, it's literally built into the game mechanics.
    Your mother is built into the game mechanics.

Good because i did 7 chars to max level to 120 the hardway no free rides ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    If you're going to make an argument, use facts, not supposition you pulled from your butt. In case you have forgotten, the last known subscribers figure was ~5,500,000 back in November of 2015 which was the final time Blizzard would announce them.
    Not going to argue the rest of the useless crap in your post, but we know people are fleeing WoW, and Blizzard games in general, en masse. Both wows revenue alone and blizzards overall MAUs and revenue are dropping like rocks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Good because i did 7 chars to max level to 120 the hardway no free rides ftw!
    Hard way? Did you grind boars? Cause there isn't a "hard way" there's mindlessly grinding through easy zones and quests though

5+ Year Old Account
    110-120 doesn’t even take long normal leveling. Why the rush to have 12 120 level toons.

Guess I gotta hurry grinding out the albatross on my DH.

I just leave this here:

As a NON-Twinker, I'm a bit put off for once by Blizzards crap. I'm a loyalist to them through and through, but I don't level Twinks and this effects me and my playstyle like they wouldn't believe!

Don't they realize how often someone might lock their XP to help their friend Catch up to them? This has nothing to do with boosting a char, it's playing with my friend on the DESIRED characters, and then pausing my XP while we did Dungeons together until he caught up.

Honestly, I don't care much for the exploit being fixed, go ahead and stop Twinkers.. But now I can't level the desired character I want with a friend if they're leveling range is too far. I have to wait for him to level alone.

Unreal Blizzard, you've gone and upset one of your biggest, most ass-kissing fans.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2019-06-17 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dhru2 View Post
    I just leave this here:
    I get sick in the stomach just seeing this. Fix your game, stop selling boosts. (including m+ boosts/raid boosts) Gosh... the amount of greed is unreal.

See, that's what i am talking about BFA become worse.. keep it going blizzard/activision. Keep slowly killing yourself.