Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    To play them at max level, presumably. You know, because maybe they enjoy end game content but not leveling. I know I hate leveling and yet I have 14 120s because I want to play endgame content on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe nobody you know. I definitely have in the past and probably would now if I had people to raid with that many characters on, but unfortunately the devs keep doing dumb shit that makes people want to play less.
    Then i expect you find the journey worth the while or you would not have done it

The person just acts as if the only reason he could endure the pain of leveling, was to be boosted in the lvl 110-120 bracket. If it is really that much of pain, to the point of breaking because it might take 1-2 day more of relaxed play, then i think he is pushing himself.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I'm ok with this if a random player won't get grouped with people with experience off. However, if I'm just queueing up and getting people with xp off and it fucks my experience, then this is extremely bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I get sick in the stomach just seeing this. Fix your game, stop selling boosts. (including m+ boosts/raid boosts) Gosh... the amount of greed is unreal.
    Ok to you and everyone demand a fix. Stop being vagur, bring out a detailed list of fixes that will please EVERYONE there are over 7 billion people on this planet and as a business it's their job to make every product please every single one of them. (exagerating here but bare with me)

so in a game where if you get 10000 people you're get double the wants.

Should blizzard a) Try to please all of them even if failing at times.

or B) Say fuck you to everyone that isn't liking the game your way so you can have a handful of like minded people playing.

well FUN DETECTED AND NERFED! I really hope blizzard ends their day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Which has absolutely nothing to do with this exploit fix.
    Except they're not fixing any exploit here, they're nerfing an alternate leveling means.

Only good thing I see coming from this is the reduction in boost spam. I have absolutely nothing against the boost runs themselves, though I never use them.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    “Go down this narrow corridor of leveling we’ve laid out for you and like it!”

Blizzard really don’t like people deviating from their precious design, do they?
    You can level by questing dungeons PvP islands ect, there is no narrow corridor.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    cheating implies dishonesty or unfairness. No part of the rules of the game specifically say how you're supposed to level, nor specifically say that levelling by boosting is against said rules. So the fact it's not intended does not make it the same as cheating. Cheating implies dishonourable action.
    It is. Abusing game mechanics to create an advantage is the same as cheating. And this is exactly this. There should be no penalty to the players who did it (except if you pay for it with real money as the rules said it), but that they remove it has nothing to do with the big "actiblizz wants to make more $$ with their leveling-boost"-thing.

It's an abuse of game mechanics that 90% of people don't do. And those who do are probably here, screaming how unfair blizz is and wants to make more money out of it. Sorry, but NO.

And i'm the first one who would scream that they do. But for the normal player nothing really changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    Except they're not fixing any exploit here, they're nerfing an alternate leveling means.

Only good thing I see coming from this is the reduction in boost spam. I have absolutely nothing against the boost runs themselves, though I never use them.
    I mean, these types of boosts are spammed a lot less then M+ and Mythic raid boosts, which Blizzard has advocated for and shown they are 100% ok with in the past.

If people really hate boost spam so much they just need to get a spam filter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I'm ok with this if a random player won't get grouped with people with experience off. However, if I'm just queueing up and getting people with xp off and it fucks my experience, then this is extremely bad.
    I ever see any non-max level toon in a group with XP off, I'm immediately vote-kicking them.
    Not because I hate XP-off users (I do NOT), but because they're fucking over any other leveling toons in the same group.

The sheer amount of trolling assbags you'll see after 8.2 will be unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    It is. Abusing game mechanics to create an advantage is the same as cheating. And this is exactly this. There should be no penalty to the players who did it (except if you pay for it with real money as the rules said it), but that they remove it has nothing to do with the big "actiblizz wants to make more $$ with their leveling-boost"-thing.

It's an abuse of game mechanics that 90% of people don't do. And those who do are probably here, screaming how unfair blizz is and wants to make more money out of it. Sorry, but NO.

And i'm the first one who would scream that they do. But for the normal player nothing really changed.
    Except there's no advantage here, you're not gaining anything over someone else. You're just shaving a few hours off leveling.

Ah, alternative leveling means... that remembers me of "alternative facts". Sorry but:

Alternative Facts are LIES
    Alternative Leveling is an EXPLOIT

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    How to stop people using exploits to avoid playing the game properly.
    Yeah, the Freehold gravy train has gotten pretty long in the tooth. I can literally get to 120 or to at least 118 to 119 without leaving Vol'dun or Tiragarde Sound and I don't use anything other than what the content itself gives to me to level. If I chose to used heirloom and whatever pots and DM Hat (when available), I imagine it would take less than half of one of these zones to get to the same place it takes me a full zone to achieve.

I start out with 150% rested xp and do every single quest, rare, and treasure in the zone. If I have mining or herb, I level those as I progress through the zone. I scrap everything bound item, send every BOE green to my lock to disenchant and vendor all the grey items which usually nets met at least 1k or 2k worth of gold. I am sure many make more gold than this running Freehold 8 or 9 times. Though in the time it takes them to clear them and reset, I can already be where they are in the same amount of time without having to spend a dime in gold to do so.

It begs the question as to how many of these people will be able to handle playing Classic, if they simply can handle the steamroller pace of retail that they need to clear the same dungeon 8 or 9 times. Farming dungeons is one thing, but seriously this whole Freehold mess defeats the point and purpose of having leveling zones or leveling at all to begin with for that matter.

All the whining I have read over many a year about this game and the state of it and the social aspects not being what they once were. Well with things like Freehold boosting makes the world is not alive, full of people literally socializing. I rarely see people talking in general while out and about in the various zones. I realize, I am using logic here, which is something many that constantly whine about the old days of this game. Yet many have literally reduced this current content down to running one dungeon 8 or 9 times to level cap. Again I can't see many of this type of player playing Classic.

Going to edit this here: Yes, I remember well the same things took place back in Vanilla and every expansion since. Though many over the course of time have to blame Blizzard for the social aspects of this game going in the tank. When by large measure it is this type of player that chooses do things as Freehold Boosting. These are the types of problems and issues that cause the social collapse over the course of time in this game. Sure Blizzard helped along the way, but the community that has allowed for such things to occur is responsible more so than Blizzard. Blizzard may have given the means to do such things, but it was up to the player or players themselves to not abuse such aspects of the game.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2019-06-17 at 05:06 PM.

I ever see any non-max level toon in a group with XP off, I'm immediately vote-kicking them.
    Not because I hate XP-off users (I do NOT), but because they're fucking over any other leveling toons in the same group.

Except the buff/debuff doesn't tell you who it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    Yeah, the Freehold gravy train has gotten pretty long in the tooth. I am amazed that Blizzard had not done something sooner about things like this. I can literally get to 120 or to at least 118 to 119 without leaving Vol'dun or Tiragarde Sound and I don't use anything other than what the content itself gives to me to level. If I chose to used heirloom and whatever pots and DM Hat (when available), I imagine it would take less than half of one of these zones to get to the same place it takes me a full zone to achieve.

I start out with 150% rested xp and do every single quest, rare, and treasure in the zone. If I have mining or herb, I level those as I progress through the zone. I scrap everything bound item, send every BOE green to my lock to disenchant and vendor all the grey items which usually nets met at least 1k or 2k worth of gold. I am sure many make more gold than this running Freehold 8 or 9 times. Though in the time it takes them to clear them and reset, I can already be where they are in the same amount of time without having to spend a dime in gold to do so.

It begs the question as to how many of these people will be able to handle playing Classic, if they simply can handle the steamroller pace of retail that they need to clear the same dungeon 8 or 9 times. Farming dungeons is one thing, but seriously this whole Freehold mess defeats the point and purpose of having leveling zones or leveling at all to begin with for that matter. I think it is sad that Blizzard is forced into placing such measure into the game to force people to play the game as it was intended to be played.

All the whining I have read over many a year about this game and the state of it and the social aspects not being what they once were. Well with things like Freehold boosting makes the world is not alive, full of people literally socializing. I rarely see people talking in general while out and about in the various zones. I realize, I am using logic here, which is something many that constantly whine about the old days of this game. Yet many have literally reduced this current content down to running one dungeon 8 or 9 times to level cap. Again I can't see many of this type of player playing Classic. Yes, I remember well the same things took place back then, but many have chosen to blame Blizzard for the social aspects of this game going in the tank. When by large measure it is this type of player that cause the social collapse over the course of time.
    They people doing this have already leveled through those zone 3/5/10 times... it's dull in it's everything and has near nothing to do with what you've said.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Except there's no advantage here, you're not gaining anything over someone else. You're just shaving a few hours off leveling.
    It is actually a personal gain. Is it much? No, but it still is an exploit. And blizzard wants to fix it before the next expansion comes out. And HERE it is actually an EXPLOIT, because first level... whatever it is after the upcoming leveling squish can be important, and boosting others by it is completely and utterly an exploit.

And don't forget the people who actually makes real money with level-boosts out there: making it easier for them is also by any means right. And believe me, they do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Except the buff/debuff doesn't tell you who it is.
    The character with XP off has a specific buff/debuff that's different from the XP eliminated one.

It was on my DK when I twinked him during early Legion for farming WoD content at 101.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Another move for Blizzards platform of “against player choices”. Seems like they don’t want players to play retail and push em towards classic or another game.
    You have far less choice in classic and leveling takes much longer, what your saying makes no sense.

That's why I'm wondering how it works. If say I'm just a regular player queueing for groups, they shouldn't put me with them and THEN penalize me. If they are going to do this, they need to set up the matchmaking system so that you don't get put with people with XP off.

Otherwise this is just going to be the biggest griefing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    At Actizzard HQ:
    -They don't buy enough real money level boost, what should we do?!
    -Lets ruin a perfectly fine, harmless, clever and fun ingame activity, ran by players for ingame gold. How dare they steal our dollars?!?!
    hhAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH yeah suuuuuuuure

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, alternative leveling means... that remembers me of "alternative facts". Sorry but:

Alternative Facts are LIES
    Alternative Leveling is an EXPLOIT
    In other words, the exact same thing they're nerfing now that you erroneously call an exploit, was an exploit for 14+ years.
    The ONLY difference is in the past the boosting character was a high level toon and now it's twinks.

Boost runs hurt NOBODY, and did NOT abuse anything.

It is actually a personal gain. Is it much? No, but it still is an exploit. And blizzard wants to fix it before the next expansion comes out. And HERE it is actually an EXPLOIT, because first level... whatever it is after the upcoming leveling squish can be important, and boosting others by it is completely and utterly an exploit.

And don't forget the people who actually makes real money with level-boosts out there: making it easier for them is also by any means right. And believe me, they do it.
    It's not an exploit lol, and the same thing existed in legion, but they didn't give a shit when the game doing ok, now that it's bleeding subs like a stuck pig they need every mau they can get