Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    That's why I'm wondering how it works. If say I'm just a regular player queueing for groups, they shouldn't put me with them and THEN penalize me. If they are going to do this, they need to set up the matchmaking system so that you don't get put with people with XP off.

Otherwise this is just going to be the biggest griefing ever.
    And people thought the trolling was bad when LFR was first implemented, and some hunters would purposely keep pet-growling everything off the tanks. Back then, growl/pet taunts still worked on everything. (RIP pet tanking runs)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You have far less choice in classic and leveling takes much longer, what your saying makes no sense.
    In Classic you'll have high-level toons boosting lowbie levelers through dungeons, with zero repercussions from Blizz, exactly as has been done for over 14 years.

But then there weren't any paid level boosts Blizz was selling either.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    In other words, the exact same thing they're nerfing now that you erroneously call an exploit, was an exploit for 14+ years.
    The ONLY difference is in the past the boosting character was a high level toon and now it's twinks.

Boost runs hurt NOBODY, and did NOT abuse anything.
    No, it was not an exploit for 14 years, since upscaling zones were not a thing until legion. Having an character that does not gain experience was nothing that was an issue before this happened. But now, with totally overpowered 110 characters that can kill faster than anything at 120 right now (especially when they have full legendaries too and a weapon that is far too strong)

And yes, they are exploits; and you can repeat as often as you want "it doesn't hurt nobody"; it still is an exploit that's gonna be fixed.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    In Classic you'll have high-level toons boosting lowbie levelers through dungeons, with zero repercussions from Blizz, exactly as has been done for over 14 years.

But then there weren't any paid level boosts Blizz was selling either.
    This isn’t high level toons boosting lowbies and you can’t boost to 120, neither of your points work.

You also haven’t been able to boost lowbies for 14 years at some point they added a massive xp loss for grouping with higher levels either tbc or wrath I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    This isn’t high level toons boosting lowbies and you can’t boost to 120, neither of your points work.

You also haven’t been able to boost lowbies for 14 years at some point they added a massive xp loss for grouping with higher levels either tbc or wrath I think.
    You could boost lowbies for awhile after the "great leveling fuckery of 7.3.5"

7+ Year Old Account
    I just hope the WoW team removes every bit of "fun" left in this game so this game can finally die.

You're not in a party when joining a random dungeon group that has a booster in it (the party is restricted to the booster and boostee(s)), so I doubt anyone will be able to grief. And paid character boosts take you to 110, this nerf mostly concerns 110-120. The whine is unreal and your tears warm my heart.
    Last edited by Arainie; 2019-06-17 at 05:20 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They people doing this have already leveled through those zone 3/5/10 times... it's dull in it's everything and has near nothing to do with what you've said.
    Currently, I am on my 8th Horde and my 7th Alliance character. When I am done, I will have level 24 altogether the same exact way. I don't care how many times a person has level. Using Freehold boosting does nothing for the entire social aspect of the game. Yes, this a practice that goes all the way back the beginning days of this game, but things like this is what ruined the social aspect of this game, not the LFD or LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    You're not in a party when joining a random dungeon group with a booster, so I doubt anyone will be able to grief. And boosts take you to 110, this nerf mostly concerns 110-120. The whine is unreal and your tears warm my heart.
    Wouldn't be surprised if they offered the 120 boost earlier then usual to offset the massive revenue losses they've been experiencing. Specially since one of the survey questions is "would you buy a boost for 40 dollars to offset 120 hours of leveling"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    Currently, I am on my 8th Horde and my 7th Alliance character. When I am done, I will have level 24 altogether the same exact way. I don't care how many times a person has level. Using Freehold boosting does nothing for the entire social aspect of the game. Yes, this a practice that goes all the way back the beginning days of this game, but things like this is what ruined the social aspect of this game, not the LFD or LFR.
    There's zero social aspect about leveling 110-120 the "developer approved" way, so your argument makes no sense. If anything leveling 110-120 with a boost is more social because people generally talk during it.

Questing is legitimately one of the most solo based experiences in the game

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You could boost lowbies for awhile after the "great leveling fuckery of 7.3.5"
    There’s been a few periods where you could but over all it’s a thing blizzard cut way back on after tbc or wrath.

maybe people want to get boosted cause the leveling experience is actually excruciatingly bad in BFA. the same 3 linear zones every alt while you just get weaker and gain no abilities is not fun.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    Why would they want to play classic ?
    Yes, why would they? Yet many will still do so and many will do the same in Classic that they have done since Vanilla. So those that are thinking Classic is going to be far better than retail from a social aspect are simply dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    maybe people want to get boosted cause the leveling experience is actually excruciatingly bad in BFA. the same 3 linear zones every alt while you just get weaker and gain no abilities is not fun.
    So much truth in this... they never should have had 2 completely different sides for each faction.... and nothing new throughout all of leveling was just garbage and lazy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    What a stupid question.

Leveling sucks. Raiding does not. Its not about repeating content, its about that there is no alternative to doing the same quests over and over again, that were already fucking boring the first time you had to do them. This is another prime example of how blizzard forces you to play there game in one way and one way only. Punishing everybody who does something out of the ordinary.
    There we plenty of alternatives, you can level though islands dungeons arenas I think and even pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I'm honestly surprised that people are surprised/upset that this is happening. I mean, do you really think it's intentional or even good game design to have a 110 crush dungeons to help people leveling because of broken ass scaling?
    Maybe Blizzard should fix the broken ass scaling instead of fucking everyone over who gets into a dungeon with my lv60 exp locked Thunderfury char on which I run a dungeon or two to have a little fun from time to time.

Thumbs up

Best thing blizz has done in a while.

Boosters destroy trade chat ... long gone are the days your actually able to sell an item in trade .. due to the incoherent spam of a thousand boosters.

Don't see the issue with putting in a bit of work and just levelling a character.

The levelling process is very boring after a few runs through. I think its a shame they are nerfing dungeon boosts but I wish they would come up with another way to help level alts. My idea would be an extra experience pool that you get when you hit max level on a character. At max level you could fill the extra experience pool (by doing regular activities such as world quests, dungeons, and even raids) and use the xp to level alts, or even buy things like toys and mounts. Being able to buy a 10% xp potion just doesn't cut it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Let’s copy and paste the meaning from Wikipedoa shall we, so at least it’s easy to understand:

“In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or level design etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.”

Levelling in this way isn’t how the developers intended, hence it’s an exploit. If they didn’t mind they wouldn’t have implemented this change, but they have. It’s an exploit to the levelling system and they changed it. Banging on about them not doing anything during Legion is pointless because this isn’t Legion, so whoever’s decision to not change anything then has either changed their mind on the matter or the person in that role has changed and has a different view. Regardless, levelling system exploit got changed, the end.
    Except there is none of that.

An exploit would be causing the game to react in a way that it shouldn't.

If it was something like "put on this random combination of gear and you gain a ton more experience", then yes that's an exploit.

Everything being used here is in the way it was intended, except blizzard doesn't want people using it this way now after they saw it in action.

Another comparison point would be the exp pots.

The exploit was that if you unstacked them, you could use them all in a row.
    Unstacking the item is not the way it's placed in your bag, and doing said action allowed people to use multiple of them.

I feel they should be asking " What's wrong with our levelling process? " Instead of repeatedly taking the easiest path available to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    Best thing blizz has done in a while.

Boosters destroy trade chat ... long gone are the days your actually able to sell an item in trade .. due to the incoherent spam of a thousand boosters.

Don't see the issue with putting in a bit of work and just levelling a character.
    But fuck the people who put in more work to get that toon to where its capable of doing those freehold runs, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I get sick in the stomach just seeing this. Fix your game, stop selling boosts. (including m+ boosts/raid boosts) Gosh... the amount of greed is unreal.
    What fix should they do to stop people from wanting boost?