Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarkarin View Post
    Come and play World of Warcraft, the high fantasy WAR simulator... where the plots are about WARS, the stories are about WARS, the characters are at WAR, the factions are at WAR, the cinematics show WAR, but god forbid you should actually want to fight in the fucking WAR in WARCRAFT coz that is a silly SUB OPTIMAL WASTE OF TIME WITH NO REWARD OR INFRASTRUCTURE.

Let me just say up front that I am an idiot. A poor addicted idiot. I've played WoW since 14 years old during Vanilla til now with various breaks. I am stupid enough to keep coming back thinking they have changed something meaningful but I just get back to the same point of anger because in summary there have been tantamount to ZERO PvP infrastructure improvement or changes in over 15 years of development of this game.

If someone had told me in 2004 that in 15 years of development that the pinnacle of the WoW PvP experience would be some shitty toxic Arena game I would have not have believed them. It's not fun. It doesn't give a reward. It's uninspiring even when you win. I came to this game to be involved in warfare not be a roman gladiator.

And just so we are clear 340 - 370 ilvl gear, marks of honour and chump change in a box is not a reward. Nor are achievements, titles or whatever cosmetics bullshit they cook up next. It is insulting garbage that distracts us from the fact that there is actually no reward for doing PvP.

PvP is treated as something you do for it's own sake with ZERO infrastructure and has NO IMPORTANCE in the game. This game is called WARcraft and yet the game itself has NO infrastructure to give you a single competitive gear piece from PvP activity (Discounting arena of course as to me this is not War).

My overall point of writing this was to motivate myself to quit permanently because I am stuck here and I want to leave but lacking an alternative. I undoubtedly feel I have a sunk cost fallacy syndrome with this god damn game.

Game is highly toxic and I don't want it in my life anymore. I have kids, I have responsibilities. For years all I wanted is to play a high-fantasy setting PvP game and it's been chopped, gutted, destroyed 7 times over. I'm sad.
    I "quit" in Legion, after playing all previous expansions. I don't regret the time I spent in the game, I had genuinly fun all the way through WoD, but Legion killed it for me and BFA is not much better.

I still log in a little, mostly for nostalgic reasons and I tend to do each raid a little, cause that is still fairly fun, but I no longer really care about the game and collect things like I used to. I dropped from top 50 most achievements worldwide to like top 10000 now, but it's fine

Things change and I found joy in other games instead. You just gotta decide how much you wanna play.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    But this big whiny blog post you've made doesn't have a point either. I am not sure what you expect out of PvP other than dead pixels and personal glory out of it. You didn't exactly say what you want out of it. There are rewards for doing PvP, just not sure what rewards you're expecting exactly if gear, money, currency, resources, items, titles, achievements or transmog is not what you want. Because at the highest levels of PvP people get paid with that filthy filthy e-sports monies.
    I spit on these pathetic rewards and so should all of you. That esport rubbish is laughable for many reasons and to be honest I don't care about arena at all I literally do not care about that. That is not Warfare and is not entertaining in the slightest. And why would it be? A bunch of mindless broken classes spamming DPS rotation in a tiny box til 1 person dies. If that's the only PvP we reward in WoW then it is 100% headed to the big MMO party in the sky with the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    What do you want to be rewarded with?
    Clearly what we need in this world full of monsters and military warfare is boxes of medals, chump change and items that are terrible it may as well hand you the gold and save you the effort of selling it if you don't have enchanting.

I think you'll be doing the completely right thing in quitting, you're clearly having no fun and you're just pissing in our tea as well while you're at it so it doesn't benefit anyone. Just make sure you delete your mmoc account as well!

Well its got craft in its name too and crafting is undoubtedly worse than PvP...

¯\(°_o)/¯
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I spit on these pathetic rewards and so should all of you. That esport rubbish is laughable for many reasons and to be honest I don't care about arena at all I literally do not care about that. That is not Warfare and is not entertaining in the slightest. And why would it be? A bunch of mindless broken classes spamming DPS rotation in a tiny box til 1 person dies. If that's the only PvP we reward in WoW then it is 100% headed to the big MMO party in the sky with the rest.

Clearly what we need in this world full of monsters and military warfare is boxes of medals, chump change and items that are terrible it may as well hand you the gold and save you the effort of selling it if you don't have enchanting.
    You just seem unhinged.

Just go play something else?

Okay. But you didn't answer the question. So what they offer in terms of Gear, Items, Titles, Achievements, Resources, Battle Pets, Mounts and Transmog aren't appealing to you.

What reward do you want then?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You just seem unhinged.

Just go play something else?
    I certainly will play something else. I am not unhinged however.

Has anyone ever actually looked at WoW as some sort of PvP game? Outside of PvP-centric games, which mind you never seem to last in the long run, PvP is almost a always a second-thought. Now, don't get me wrong there was games like Ultima Online that had a pretty well done PvE/PvP system that had the opposite problem and ended up making PvE only "zones" (equivalent to say phases) but I don't think I ever remember any real game where PvP was a focus or not an afterthought.

One of the streamers I used to watch regularly is planning on coming back for classic, and all he ever does is BG's, duel and "world PvP", but having played since beta (granted on Stormrage), I never remember PvP being a thing outside of BG's or sitting outside SW dueling...
    Last edited by alturic; 2019-06-17 at 08:22 PM.

Come and play World of Warcraft, the high fantasy WAR simulator... where the plots are about WARS, the stories are about WARS, the characters are at WAR, the factions are at WAR, the cinematics show WAR, but god forbid you should actually want to fight in the fucking WAR in WARCRAFT coz that is a silly SUB OPTIMAL WASTE OF TIME WITH NO REWARD OR INFRASTRUCTURE.

Let me just say up front that I am an idiot. A poor addicted idiot. I've played WoW since 14 years old during Vanilla til now with various breaks. I am stupid enough to keep coming back thinking they have changed something meaningful but I just get back to the same point of anger because in summary there have been tantamount to ZERO PvP infrastructure improvement or changes in over 15 years of development of this game.

If someone had told me in 2004 that in 15 years of development that the pinnacle of the WoW PvP experience would be some shitty toxic Arena game I would have not have believed them. It's not fun. It doesn't give a reward. It's uninspiring even when you win. I came to this game to be involved in warfare not be a roman gladiator.

And just so we are clear 340 - 370 ilvl gear, marks of honour and chump change in a box is not a reward. Nor are achievements, titles or whatever cosmetics bullshit they cook up next. It is insulting garbage that distracts us from the fact that there is actually no reward for doing PvP.

PvP is treated as something you do for it's own sake with ZERO infrastructure and has NO IMPORTANCE in the game. This game is called WARcraft and yet the game itself has NO infrastructure to give you a single competitive gear piece from PvP activity (Discounting arena of course as to me this is not War).

My overall point of writing this was to motivate myself to quit permanently because I am stuck here and I want to leave but lacking an alternative. I undoubtedly feel I have a sunk cost fallacy syndrome with this god damn game.

Game is highly toxic and I don't want it in my life anymore. I have kids, I have responsibilities. For years all I wanted is to play a high-fantasy setting PvP game and it's been chopped, gutted, destroyed 7 times over. I'm sad.
    Where exactly does "WAR" by your definition equal PvP? Help me out here, but was there even a PvP mode in WC1? The "war" in Warcraft means factions fighting against each other (any factions....as WC3 told us it does not have to be Alliance/Horde at all)...if you somehow came away from WC1+2+3 that the "war" in warcraft means world-pvp in 3d environments....then...well...i would certainly like to see your copy of WC2, because mine was different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "I Quit" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead