Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Better late than never imho. This lvling method should've already been broken up in Legion.
    Why? So there are less players at max level?

Blizz isn't doing anything but making the game shittier for everyone. Removing the ability to boost is going to remove the tanks/healers from max level that hate to quest so they bought a boost with gold.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2019-06-17 at 08:23 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    In what way? Classic has less choice when it comes to levelling and takes longer to level that’s just a fact, if you want choice or faster leveling classic isn’t the place for you.
    Knowing leveling is faster now isn’t hard thing to know thanks to heirlooms and dungeon finder etc. The point isn’t how fast levelling is its how they're Forcing players into one line of levelling by doing the quest chains. Doing it once or twice is alright but 4+ times it’s boring. Some of the player base do not care about the questing when they got everything in the end and rather get to 120
    ASAP.

Better late than never imho. This lvling method should've already been broken up in Legion.
    Good thing Timewalking is just as fast, or is me wearing my MoP cloak that single handedly does more damage than the other 2 mindless dps combined count as an exploit in that too? It's a stupid change with no good reason behind it other than 'we're going to release a shop boost, is it worth more than your time?'

Quote Originally Posted by Aflakk47 View Post
    Good thing Timewalking is just as fast, or is me wearing my MoP cloak that single handedly does more damage than the other 2 mindless dps combined count as an exploit in that too? It's a stupid change with no good reason behind it other than 'we're going to release a shop boost, is it worth more than your time?'
    If the shop is that important then why is your timewalking dps still permitted.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2019-06-17 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    How to stop people using exploits to avoid playing the game properly.
    Blizzard: "Let's design the game so that leveling is irrelevant, nothing more than an obstacle to doing the real parts of the game. We'll implement level-scaling everywhere, along with adaptive mobs that render player growth meaningless until max level, just to make sure that there's absolutely no point to individual levels."

Player: "Ugh, this is boring, why don't we just get through this as quickly as possible?"

Blizzard: "Hey, none of that, leveling is important, you need to play the game properly."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Knowing leveling is faster now isn’t hard thing to know thanks to heirlooms and dungeon finder etc. The point isn’t how fast levelling is its how they're Forcing players into one line of levelling by doing the quest chains. Doing it once or twice is alright but 4+ times it’s boring. Some of the player base do not care about the questing when they got everything in the end and rather get to 120
    ASAP.
    So people who don’t like doing quest they have done before will go to classic? any one who started playing pre cata would have already have done the classic quest Proabbly a few times. You can also level though other means on live rather that be dungeons islands PvP ect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Blizzard: "Let's design the game so that leveling is irrelevant, nothing more than an obstacle to doing the real parts of the game. We'll implement level-scaling everywhere, along with adaptive mobs that render player growth meaningless until max level, just to make sure that there's absolutely no point to individual levels."

Player: "Ugh, this is boring, why don't we just get through this as quickly as possible?"

Blizzard: "Hey, none of that, leveling is important, you need to play the game properly."
    They put in level scaling so people could go to zones they like and skip ones they hate, it had nothing to do with making leveling meaningless it was them trying to make it better.

3+ Year Old Account
    Who’s the stronger voice here, the people who want to level fast as possible or the people who want to stop the level squish.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So people who don’t like doing quest they have done before will go to classic? any one who started playing pre cata would have already have done the classic quest Proabbly a few times. You can also level though other means on live rather that be dungeons islands PvP .
    Implying that if they do this it might turn them off from retail but still want to play wow or as you missed the other part PLAY OTHER GAMES.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Except here's the thing, to combat different playstyles... wait for it.... wait for it... you offer multiple different means to accomplish that! Instead they just keep taking things away. Max level boosting? Can't have that. Locked XP boosters? Can't have that. Fast leveling through RaF? Nope.

Basically it's quest or die. I mean... you can PvP but it's not very efficient and island expeditions are an option but they're even duller the questing.

You don't even get good xp dungeoning anymore, they killed that around MoP.
    There still is
    dungeons
    islands
    questing
    battlegrounds
    pet battles
    invasions

they do not keep taking things away, they keep getting rid of broken things.

and nah you still get great exp doing dungeons, wtf you talking about mate?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    They could have just made the changes they made to a special mode meant for people who want to take fucking forever to level. Everyone gets what they want.
    no, because then what? they add a reward for people who do that, then we are back to step 1 with people complaining again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

blizzturd is a lost cause... seems like everyday they do something that pushes more players away and gives me yet another reason to not come back...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Implying that if they do this it might turn them off from retail but still want to play wow or as you missed the other part PLAY OTHER GAMES.
    if this turns them off of retail classic wouldn't be a step up in any regard, other games very well could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Aflakk47 View Post
    Good thing Timewalking is just as fast, or is me wearing my MoP cloak that single handedly does more damage than the other 2 mindless dps combined count as an exploit in that too?
    Show me how you can solo a mop timewalking dungeon in 5min lmao. And it's an event that just lasts for 1 week... pointless comparison.
    Also what does it matter when the mop cloak does a lot of dmg?! Legendaries are specifically intended to be strong in timewalking, that was a design decision they specifically made when they added timewalking in WoD. And again, that you do way more dps than someone is nothing compared to a 5min freehold clear by a lvl110.

It's a stupid change with no good reason behind it other than 'we're going to release a shop boost, is it worth more than your time?'
    You do realise that people only do that for 110-120 and you can't buy a lvl120 boost? Blizzard isn't gonna release 120 boosts until at least spring 2020.

This was an obvious exploit of the scaling tech that trivialised leveling too much and also even further killed open world interraction. One of the biggest complaints against WoW since Cataclysm has always been how there's no interraction and how leveling is so easy and fast. People made such a big deal out of that they even started demanding vanilla servers...
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-06-17 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    There still is
    dungeons
    islands
    questing
    battlegrounds
    pet battles
    invasions

they do not keep taking things away, they keep getting rid of broken things.

and nah you still get great exp doing dungeons, wtf you talking about mate?
    Dungeons are EXTREMELY inefficient, specially since they moved the quests to the end of the zone.

Invasions are just quests... wtf are you smoking?
    I mentioned pvp, but that's a very inefficient way too as you only get decent xp on wins... so if you go on a losing streaking you get basically nothing.
    pet battles is one I forgot about but i don't know the efficiency of it
    I mentioned isles, but they're boring as all hell
    and of course questing, questing is the most efficient way when they all should be equal to give you options.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realise that people only do that for 110-120 and you can't buy a lvl120 boost? Blizzard isn't gonna release 120 boosts until at least spring 2020.
    I wouldn't be so sure on that, specially since they've recently been asking about 40 dollar boosts to bypass "120 hrs of leveling", we know sure as shit it doesn't take 120 hrs to level and the 120 is very specific.

I wouldn't be so sure on that, specially since they've recently been asking about 40 dollar boosts to bypass "120 hrs of leveling", we know sure as shit it doesn't take 120 hrs to level and the 120 is very specific.
    Well we can have a bet if you want to...

Like do you really think that they'll put out a survey and a couple weeks later they'll just implement what they were asking? An updated lvl boost is definitely coming with the pre-purchase of the next expansion, which is definitely at least half a year away, usually more.

Nah, it was still pretty efficient at 101 in Legion. Not AS efficient, but still a lot more then manually leveling.
    Ofcourse it was effective at 100-110 in Legion, just like it is on 110+ now. How does that have anything to do with this change?

Unless you mean to say that it still is effective in Legion content with a 101 capped character. I personally highly doubt it's worth spending gold on a Legion boost considering you can either do it in a few hours (well under 5) or just log in a few times and do invasions instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Ofcourse it was effective at 100-110 in Legion, just like it is on 110+ now. How does that have anything to do with this change?

Unless you mean to say that it still is effective in Legion content with a 101 capped character. I personally highly doubt it's worth spending gold on a Legion boost considering you can either do it in a few hours (well under 5) or just log in a few times and do invasions instead.
    It was effienct then and they didn't kill it then, so why bother now. Oh wait, it's because the game revenue is dropping like a rock.

- - - Updated - - -

Well we can have a bet if you want to...

Like do you really think that they'll put out a survey and a couple weeks later they'll just implement what they were asking? An updated lvl boost is definitely coming with the pre-purchase of the next expansion, which is definitely at least half a year away, usually more.
    I could see them doing it in 8.2.5 or 8.3 with how bad WoW revenue and Blizz revenue overall is tanking.

It was effienct then and they didn't kill it then, so why bother now. Oh wait, it's because the game revenue is dropping like a rock.

- - - Updated - - -

I could see them doing it in 8.2.5 or 8.3 with how bad WoW revenue and Blizz revenue overall is tanking.
    Now you're really just trying to push your agenda here. But I get it, WoW will die soon or go f2p or something else horrible. Mark your words!

Eh, you can level 110 to 120 in an afternoon with TW dungeons anyway.

Invasions are just quests... wtf are you smoking?
    Invasion have juicy EXP per WQ. (About 50k per WQ with heirloom) Definitely worth time chasing one if they pop. Plus end of invasion you get 10% exp buff for one hour.

good it is eliminating an exploit