View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Thats fine. Europe is and always will be a continent at war with itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Thats fine. Europe is and always will be a continent at war with itself.
    Please take your continent bashing elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Please take your continent bashing elsewhere
    Felt like Reyuna is another Dribbles account.

Quote Originally Posted by stanpwith View Post
    Not sure why the Brexiteers seem so keen on Johnson. Wasn't he a remainer till a month before the referendum? What makes any one think he can be trusted to follow through on Brexit?

Additionally why do remainers vote for the Lib Dems? They have the worst record in British politics on going back on their word, which is saying something. I could just see them coming out with some bullshit about how it was vital for the good of the nation that they stop the Tories going too far with a no-deal brexit, whilst doing nothing other than giving them the numbers to do so in another coalition.
    As if the Lib Dems really had any real power in the 2010 coalition.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    As if the Lib Dems really had any real power in the 2010 coalition.
    They had some, but it wasn't seen because how do you see what doesn't happen because the Tories were held back? Simply put you can't. You just have to look at post 2015 Tory ran governments to see how insane they really are.

As for Europe always at war with itself, that's why the EU exists as a means to stop it. Surely that's better than dead people unless you're some kind of Jingo brit who thinks Europeans are inferior people who need to be put in their place..

Oh that's right they are little Englanders who make up the majority of Brexiteers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    As for Europe always at war with itself, that's why the EU exists as a means to stop it.
    Also, it is not like Europe is the only place on Earth with a history full of wars and conflict.
    Its history is just known in more detail to us.

7+ Year Old Account
    That clock is growing ever louder as it is revealed that Boris will have just 100 days to deliver brexit or see the collapse of the Tory party... no pressure then.

BORIS Johnson is facing a stark ultimatum from hardline Tory MPs — deliver Brexit by Halloween or we join Nigel Farage.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/930434...on-brexit-100/

Tick tock...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    That clock is growing ever louder as it is revealed that Boris will have just 100 days to deliver brexit or see the collapse of the Tory party... no pressure then.

BORIS Johnson is facing a stark ultimatum from hardline Tory MPs — deliver Brexit by Halloween or we join Nigel Farage.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/930434...on-brexit-100/

Tick tock...
    Read: Hardline Tory MPs threaten to split the conservative vote and hand Labor/LD a majority and mandate for another referendum.

Smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Read: Hardline Tory MPs threaten to split the conservative vote and hand Labor/LD a majority and mandate for another referendum.

Smart.
    If Brexit actually happens, they lose their core issue. They lose their fees for turning up on QT, they lose their audience, they lose their reason to exist in the political space.

Much better for them to engineer a solution to Brexit that allows them to continue to complain about the EU in the public eye and stay on the gravy train (simply switching party would not trigger a bye-election in their constituency).

Cynic? Me? Never

10+ Year Old Account
    If Brexit actually happens, they lose their core issue. They lose their fees for turning up on QT, they lose their audience, they lose their reason to exist in the political space.

Much better for them to engineer a solution to Brexit that allows them to continue to complain about the EU in the public eye and stay on the gravy train (simply switching party would not trigger a bye-election in their constituency).

Cynic? Me? Never
    The EU is the best scapegoat British idiots ever had, short of The Papists™, so I agree with you there.

The problem is that May's red line bullshit torpedoed any chance of such a deal emerging - given that the WA is hated by most, the only alternative is remain as is and negotiate terms later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The EU is the best scapegoat British idiots ever had, short of The Papists™, so I agree with you there.
    It is really ironic that technically all of England belongs to the Pope, because of that English king who gifted it to the Pope to avoid getting disposed of.
    He then went on pretending to rule it in the Pope's name.

Cynic? Me? Never
    You can guarantee that if Brexit did happen, and it fucked things up as we all expect it to do, they would be making it clear that it wasn't their fault. Brexit wasn't delivered properly, they will say. It was sabotaged by the Remainers, or by the EU. If they'd been in charge, they would have done it properly.

All fucking lies, of course. They are all professional blamers and moaners. None of them had a proper plan for how to leave, or what it would look like after we left. They just wanted a scapegoat to point at and blame, and they wanted to get themselves well paid talking head jobs where they could blame somebody and demand something was done.

I'm damn sure they not only didn't expect to win the referendum, they didn't actually want to. A nice narrow defeat that would have left them able to carry on demanding another one would have been the perfect outcome. They could have carried on complaining into their retirements and beyond.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    You can guarantee that if Brexit did happen, and it fucked things up as we all expect it to do, they would be making it clear that it wasn't their fault. Brexit wasn't delivered properly, they will say. It was sabotaged by the Remainers, or by the EU. If they'd been in charge, they would have done it properly.

All fucking lies, of course. They are all professional blamers and moaners. None of them had a proper plan for how to leave, or what it would look like after we left. They just wanted a scapegoat to point at and blame, and they wanted to get themselves well paid talking head jobs where they could blame somebody and demand something was done.

I'm damn sure they not only didn't expect to win the referendum, they didn't actually want to. A nice narrow defeat that would have left them able to carry on demanding another one would have been the perfect outcome. They could have carried on complaining into their retirements and beyond.
    Yep, and now those same people expect the "losers" to step into line and shut up, despite having no intention of doing so themselves had they lost.

The EU is the best scapegoat British idiots ever had, short of The Papists™
    Nah... that's the French.

https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryU...es-of-Britain/

Our greatest ally but also our greatest enemy.

Worryingly the allegations of vote rigging in the Peterborough election will not go away and are now subject of a police investigation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48665324

Hopefully the investigation will conclude that no wrong doing took place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep, and now those same people expect the "losers" to step into line and shut up, despite having no intention of doing so themselves had they lost.
    And those losers should shut up unless they want to make things worse for themselves.

Remainers, the losers, refused to allow brexit back in March - they wouldn't shut up even with a remain PM and cabinet on their side in Theresa May and her government. Ironically this will lead to Boris as PM, certainly not remain friendly. Will the remain losers learn a valuable lesson from that, shut their cakeholes and allow Boris to deliver brexit in October? If not, their whining could very well lead to Nigel Farage as PM.

Their choice of course, but actions have consequences. I for one hope they keep on screaming until they hand the keys of No 10 to Farage...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    What's funny is this 'put up and shut up' mentality that exists within the Brexiteer camp.

Remainers kicking off hasn't even started yet.
    The should probably hurry up then, they've only got until October.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Worryingly the allegations of vote rigging in the Peterborough election will not go away and are now subject of a police investigation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48665324

Hopefully the investigation will conclude that no wrong doing took place.
    Yeesh. It's looking increasingly dodgy; they already rejected over 400 votes for being likely fraudulent.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    The should probably hurry up then, they've only got until October.
    Absolutely not what I meant.

Remainers who accept that the UK will Brexit, who would have preferred a compromise, but who won't accept being prorogued out by Raab or flounced out by BJ.

What is that you think we can do atm?

Best thing I can come up with is: Be seen.

As long as there are serious, determined remainers out there arguing their case, pointing out the shortcomings of the plans for "managed Brexit" or whatever the euphemism of the day is the job of lying the whole thing home is harder for BoJo. And if you can do it in numbers there is a faint hope that the clown will falter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not much, you are British, you just don't have it in you. If this happened in France or maybe in Greece, the entire country would be in flames by now.
    I shall resist making comments about The Mediterranean Temperament.